• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Aquarium Tutorial

M

mutau

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial for making classic Aquariums?
Or can point me in the right direction.

I've searched Stratics and haven't found it. Thanks.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind, that the classic cloth aquariums were around before goza mats...you can use gozas to top your cloth aquarium without "seams" for example. Don't be afraid to experiment combining the old with the new! :)

-Skylark

L

LionUWF

also guys and gals using different items and goza mats ive managed to make an aquarium on legs :p.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget the floor or table tile "rubble" if you'd like a nice seam-free wooden tank lid. I use my table middles for the mantles of fireplaces. Awfully useful in decoing keeps and classic homes.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took me forever to figure out how to make a old style aquarium just by looking at pics. Only when I finally seen one in game did I figure out a nice trick to make it look 3d. If you look at the left side of mine you'll see a rock, thats to help that side of the tank blend together because the water part is on one set of floor tiles and the sand is on the set in front of it. Hope this helps even thought I cant put into words how to do it.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cerwin, that definitely helps. It's a great optical illusion that really makes the tank POP out from the wall! Good thinking!

K

Kurgan

For the bottom part of the fish tank, don't use cut cloth, get the folded cloth from the tailor.
Look at the link I posted above for the 2 folded clothes you need.