• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Class loot + reputation stake...pvp dynamics ideas.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
PVP LOOT

What if any player corpse when looted by another player would contain "class loot", that depends on the player's skill. Class would connected to mastery, if none, then some default loot pack would be loaded. If a player has magery mastery lvl 3, it would mean mage armor, magery mastery, etc, could appear as loot. An additional factor could be fame/karma of the player. Obviously, some mechanisms to avoid abuse (24H timer, etc.) would have to be installed....

REPUTATION STAKE
This would work roughly as follows: you can pledge some of your fame towards getting either: better loot from others, or a small % bonus in a stat. However, this would cost you a significant amount of gold, which would be lost upon death to your killer every single time you get killed.

Obviously these ideas are very rough and may not even be feasible or desirable, however, what I am thinking about here, is a mechanic that rewards pvp in interesting ways without affecting what's in a player's backpack or what they're carrying. Such features could be tuned towards a level where the decision would be significant.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Bad idea.
UO isn't a "class" game...

What would you say for Hybrids? How can their "class" be specified? Bushido dexxer mages, Archer mages. How about wrestle archers, or Archery fencers/swordsman? How about Necro bush swordsman with 120 ss+necro?

This isn't WoW. Stop trying to make it like WoW.

Plus this bad idea is easily exploited.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I know UO is not a class game, the word "class" was just a way to refer to the mastery and a way to control type of loot. Nothing more. I already gave you the solution in my post: mastery based. So your "Necro bush swordsman with 120 ss+necro" is a non-problem.

And I have no idea why you're saying I am trying to make it like WOW. I don't care about WOW and I am not talking about WOW. I am proposing a dynamic for rewards.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I have 6 accounts, all with 120'd toons on multiple servers. All I would do is kill each toon every 24hrs rather than buying/farming exo keys. Seems pretty flawed, no?
If there would be a way to connect the accounts as belonging to the same user, perhaps based on IP, it could be combated.
Also.. why on earth do you have 6 accounts?

In any case, the general underlying idea is to increase a way to put things at stake, for a more significant risk/reward dynamic. Other ideas welcome...