• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Class: Death Knight - FAQ

E

Eldorian

I will be adding to this as more information becomes available. Please use the "What is known so far" thread to post additional information you may have found to use on this thread.

Is the Death Knight an additional ability my character gets?
No. Unlocking a Death Knight means you get to make an all new character as a Death Knight class. It's a completely different class and new character you can create at a higher level.

What level can you unlock the Death Knight?
It has been said that to unlock the Death Knight will be in the 55-60 level range. It is yet unknown on what you need to do in order to unlock it.

What Races?
Both Horde and Alliance can become Death Knights. At this time it is said that ALL races can become a Death Knight but this has not been set in stone yet and may change.

How do the runes I keep hearing about work?
You inscribe runes onto your weapon as a Death Knight and that grants you your ability. You have blood, frost, and unholy and can have up to 6 runes in your weapon.

As you use the rune abilities they will become exhausted. After a period of time the runes will refresh. It's fairly similar to using your mana pool for spells, except you can mix and match your runes for different effects.

Last updated 8-26-2007

B

Bo Riddler

I am finding some sources out there that are reporting on interviews by game designers. I know we like to post the facts but here is one extra snippit on races I found...

Races :

According to a panel at BlizzCon 2007, the Death Knight is planned to be available to every race at this time, though the list may change in development. This has been confirmed at the Leipzig Games Convention 2007. After all, all races can be tempted by a darker path...

Bo