• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clarification - ladders inside houses

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to put up a ladder inside a room in an already constructed customizable house? Or would I need to drop all my floors above (which isn't really an option, too much stuff that would end up in the moving crate)?

L

Lord Drakelord

Is it possible to put up a ladder inside a room in an already constructed customizable house? Or would I need to drop all my floors above (which isn't really an option, too much stuff that would end up in the moving crate)?

you trying to poke a hole thru the floor above? I know ladders been used on a lot of homes, most placed near apples trees. Not sure if you can do the poke thru the floor thing.

M

mutau

i've seen houses that have 2 story library shelves that uses the ladders to scale the shelves. as for using the ladders between floors with floors, i would say, try to place the ladder with a large hole in the ceiling and then fill up the large hole with the floor tiles after you've gotten it in the right spot.

M

mutau

I'm trying to remember if the ladder is one of the deco that has to be redeeded before you can go into house design mode, just like the wash basin.

I hope it works, tho. I'm starting to think it might be time to redo my house, again.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ladder does need an opening in the floor above, just moved mine to an area where the ceiling was solid and it does not allow placement

this particular ladder is in a barn, and the opening is two tiles ... if I'm remembering correctly, that was the minimum.... the ladder faces west and the tile directly over where the ladder ends and one tile to the east was needed