• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Selector, EA-Land, and TC3 going offline for update.

T

tc07

I don't have any BV sims mine just shows av, bf and tc3 on one then on the other account I have av, and the sim that came over on the train and tc3 I can only see three slots and thats it it has the arrow but won't move.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone gotten 2 accounts up at one time that show all 8 sims since the update? If so could you tell us how? I can only see 3 BV sims on second account cant scroll to other 5 sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried both my accounts and can scroll through to all 8 sims.

Make sure you are logging in via the TSO.exe

Polly

R

rookie

I tried changing it to that shortcut but when I click apply it says the target is not valid. Could it be because you downloaded it from the free download? Do I need to do this?

R

rookie

You cant run the 2nd account on TSO.exe it says "Only one instance of the sims online can be running at one time"

R

rookie

I'm logged in with my first account with the TSO.exe shortcut and I can see all my sims by scrolling over. I start the 2nd account with with the TSOClient Shortcut ( "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land ) and I can only see 3 BV sims and cant scroll over.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I'm logged in with my first account with the TSO.exe shortcut and I can see all my sims by scrolling over. I start the 2nd account with with the TSOClient Shortcut ( "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land ) and I can only see 3 BV sims and cant scroll over.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are missing some quotation marks

refer to thread that polly mentioned above you.

R

rookie

When I try to paste "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w "-r800x600" "-CSCity:EA Land" in to the target path, I get and error box that says; The name "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" is not valid make sure the path and filename are correct

J

JRock

Ever since the update, when I try to run my second account, it keeps crashing.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

I tried changing it to that shortcut but when I click apply it says the target is not valid. Could it be because you downloaded it from the free download? Do I need to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am running EA land from the downloaded install. I still have the old CD install so I can log into the production cities without patching back and forth. Since they are closing tomorrow (if not delayed)...I guess I can update the old install to TC3 so I won't have to patch back and forth from EA Land to TC3 either...and not worry in case there are down times where patching back is unavailable.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am running EA land from the downloaded install. I still have the old CD install so I can log into the production cities without patching back and forth. Since they are closing tomorrow (if not delayed)...I guess I can update the old install to TC3 so I won't have to patch back and forth from EA Land to TC3 either...and not worry in case there are down times where patching back is unavailable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeppers. I have one set to TC3 and the other to EAland now

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

So from what i am reading... I need to delete the "BV" sims ( not to mention i never made any but they are there) to get my other sims back.... That would answer the question on the acct w/ the BV sims...

What about the acct that shows only 3 sims.... I had 6 sims on this acct... 1 in AV, 4 in ea land.. and one in tc3... now i only see one in AV, and 2 in Ea land.. How do i get them back.... Exspecially Since the one that i dont see has my 4 trees, 3 fires, and several statues .. and tigers... How do I get these sims back !!!!!!!!! I dont know about this update.... It is probably there to help Maxis.. But in all reality ... I had a lot going w/ Ea Land.... But now im not so sure i wanna keep giving you my money to keep all of my sims...

Sorry but im frustrated and want my sims back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Suggestions?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If you are only seeing 3 sim slots it is because you are logging in using tsoclient.exe instead of your tsopatch/tso.exe.

Check out this link in Tips and Tricks

G

have 3 accounts 3 different computers and none of them are able to login can anyone tell me how long before the updater problem gets fixed im in Kansas if it helps to know what part of the country i live in

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Lee just posted in another thread...

Re: Updater problems? [Re: NikiKing]
#702588 - 02/20/08 03:11 PM Edit Reply Quote

:Sigh:

Ok we are on it.

Lee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(TC3:LFancey)

I

thank you gracie trying that now ... i hope it works

I

i put that in and now i get zelch nada nothing .... what did i do wrong? Not even a sign on screen ... HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

editing your target window is a tricky thing. try try again.

I

nada
help please

I put this in my target right "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

all of it ... From " to the third "

and if the old target said tsoclient/ealand.... why is it not here?

I

just wanted to add...

Would it help if i logged out of tso... (in fear ill loose this sim as i did one of my others ...)

G

If you are trying to change your shortcut properties, then yes its advisable to log out of the game while you do so.

Also depending on where you game files are (there are two options - either you downloaded the new EA-Land game files recently, or you are still running from a previous download or disc) you will need to amend the relevant shortcut.

Make sure you are amending like for like and check the path of the game files in other people's shortcuts matches your own (some are using ea-land and some are using the older maxis/thesimesonline)

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

This works for me when I want to run a sim on my second or third account:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

[/ QUOTE ]

just pointing this one out, if you use the newer EA Land install, this is your target

I

im happy to say that semi worked.... Not only do i have my sims for betaville ... but I do see 4 of my other sims.... but still missing 2?

And how did i get betaville sims anyway? I never even knew about them and or made them?

G

Just out of curiosity: Why are you changing the target in a shortcut pointing to TSOClient.exe? Shouldn't you be pointing to TSO.exe instead? The only reasons to launch directly to client are to either bypass the updater or to run multiple accounts. Right now, it seems a bad idea to try to bypass the updater.

G

Are you the original owner of the account?

Its weird how so many people are finding BV sims they didn't know they had. I wonder if there are people are out wondering where their BV sims have wandered off too !

Polly

G

This was to help the people trying to figure out how to find all their sims on second accounts. You don't need to change anything in your tso.exe target for them all to show, but you can only run one instance of it. Always use it first, then use the client to log in extra accounts.

I

yes I am the original acct holder of my accts.. Ive had them since 2003... and I know i never made sims in betaville... lmao is it better than the rest of the cities? But i guess i will never know ... cause i cant play them either

G

A friend in YIM told me her BV sims were definitely not ones she would ever create, maybe we need a BV sims mix up thread so we can see if we can match them up lol. Mine were all correct.

G

In that case there definitely seems to be some kind of problem with BV sims showing up in places they shouldn't be !

Polly

G

Sad thing is, people are deleting these sims they don't own. I hope something can be done here to straighten this one out and fast.

I

so how do i get my missing sims ? I dont know betaville and nor do i care to .... I want my sims I had yesterday... Not today

I

imported_Gracie Nito

delete your betaville sims that you aparently don't want?

I

if i delete them will i get my sims i had yesterday back?

And what if they are someone elses sims?
and they want them back.... imao i dont want to held for simnapping and disposing them inappropriatly I dont want to spend time in the the jail of tso.. I might only be half there .......... or not there at all after my sentence

imao sorry

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sad thing is, people are deleting these sims they don't own. I hope something can be done here to straighten this one out and fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

What really bugs me the most about this is I know I posted several times "Do Not create more then one EA Land sim until after the merge!" Sigh all this rigamarole could have been so easily avoided.

I

true it could of been avoided ... but tthis is my first time to Sim Stratics... since the train left AV ive been on here all the time... But we were give 6 slots ... and when they close the cities down there will be 8 slots... So i figured why not move the sims over till after the merge... and get them skilled .. If i knew the betaville sims were there.. I would of never put my other sims at risk as they are now...
Does anyone know how to get my other sims back????

G

They are still there, just hidden behind the other sims, same as they were in TC3 when this issue came up. If you delete other unwanted sims you will see them again, just make sure they are sims you really want to delete. Remember BV sims got campfires so if your acct is 3 years old be careful which BV sim you delete!

G

<blockquote><hr>

What really bugs me the most about this is I know I posted several times "Do Not create more then one EA Land sim until after the merge!" Sigh all this rigamarole could have been so easily avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]
True for some, not all - On my account, I had 3 BV sims, 3 production city sims, and 1 Eazy Land sim. I had to delete 1 of the BV sims before I could see my EAL guy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why Donavan?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why what?
Having only 1 EAL sim didn't make a difference.

G

Well it should have let you see all 8 sims, I'm trying to understand why you would only be able to see 7.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well it should have let you see all 8 sims, I'm trying to understand why you would only be able to see 7.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not 7..... only 6. I saw only the BV and production city sims until I deleted one of the BV sims.

On my old comp, I haven't updated TSO in about 3-4 weeks, but the shortcut works perfectly (goes directly to my EA Land sims).
On my new comp, which I use everyday, and which has the newer updates, the shortcut does not appear to go directly to my EA Land selection screen, but instead to the production city screen. Even though the target configuration is identical for both shortcuts.
My theory is that the shortcuts are ok, and do indeed go to the EA Land selection screen - but the production city sims have been prematurely (and incompletely) associated with EA Land through some kind of bug somewhere in the update/log-in process. (or maybe intentionally, who knows)
Could be an artifact of the incomplete updater patch.

I

transferable..... Like when we put some of our sims on the train to ea land... Can we do that w/ Betaville? The way I understand it from what you all are talking about ... Only Betaville gets the fires? One of my accts just got 3 fires... Are we not able to get the gifts you get as your acct grows an extra year?

G

<blockquote><hr>

transferable..... Like when we put some of our sims on the train to ea land... Can we do that w/ Betaville? The way I understand it from what you all are talking about ... Only Betaville gets the fires? One of my accts just got 3 fires... Are we not able to get the gifts you get as your acct grows an extra year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I get it lol. No BV sims cant move anywhere else (by our direction) tho they will be ultimately merging to EA Land. All sims in all cities got fires, but thats the only gift BV sims ever got. Since its a less played city I wanted to remind people that they may have one sitting there they forgot all about.

I

Did they take our TC3 on a train somewhere? and not tell us ...