• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) [City of Britain] Town Hall Meeting

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event: City of Britain Town Hall
Date: July 5th, 2014 (BY 374)
Time: 4:00 PM EST - 6:00 PM EST
=======================================================

Hi Citizens,

Please join me, Governor Pandora de Romanus, in the meeting hall of Castle British located in the SW corner of the first floor (see picture). Town Halls are meant to discuss the issues affecting the city, convey information on upcoming events, process suggestions for city improvement or other events, and discuss trade deal options. Citizens will be given a 10 minute window to address any of their issues, concerns, or suggestions. All citizens are welcomed, but you must be a Citizen of Britain (with title displayed) to take your 10 minute address.

See you all there!

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is this afternoon my good Britain Citizens! PLEASE display your "City Titles" to be able to claim your 10 minutes of fame! :)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some Meeting Notes:

City Buffs
I pooled our citizens to see which trade deals were the most wanted, the top two choices were put on the ballot (+1FC or +2MR). The chosen one will be placed for the next two week until our next Town Hall meeting where we once again will revisit the buffs.

Chess Club
Britain's Public Library will have a series of Chess Club meetings (1x a month). All citizens of the Kingdom are welcomed to enter . At these meetings, folks will go head to head in chess matches and winners will receive a special title of "Chess Club Master". A tally of total "UNIQUE" (meaning you can only go up against new player challengers) wins will be kept up to date here on the forums. At the end of my term the contestant with the highest number of unique wins will be awarded the Season's Chess Champion Award (lots of goodies to go with that including a major gold prize, an LT Sash, Lighthouse Deed, and other prizes!), along with the title of "Chess Club Champion". Secondary and tertiary prizes/titles will also be awarded. Details to come!

Basket Weavers Club
Britain's Public Library will also host a market (1x every 3 months) to draw in those that a) create baskets or b) like to buy baskets. Basket's will be sold with certain goodies in them like Pendants or Rings or other pretty cool stuff but you won't know what's in it until you buy it! You'll never know what kind of goodies will be in your basket! Details to come!

Benefactor's Dinner
Player-authors of the land will be encouraged to participate in donating to the local libraries, all connected through Britain, published copies of their works at the Benefactor's Dinner (1x every 6 months). Donations will go toward the city treasury. Dinner and drinks will be provided for the dinner at Castle British and a black tie/formal dress code is required. Story submissions will be judged and graded; the top 3 stories submitted will receive Gift Cards to Amazon.com in various amounts according to prize standings, plus any citizen of Britain that donates stories will be granted the title of "Library Contributor" (if there are other Governor's from the other cities willing to also grant that title, I'll try to coordinate with them). Details to come!

Haven Fest
Haven's Welcoming Bandwagon will be returning to the city of Haven held every month (1x per month)! Lady Sennah will be working with us to set that back up, be sure to stop by and support new players or travelling players from other shards. Details to come!

Monthly Hunts in Blackthorn's Castle
To fatten up our coffers, we will be hosting several (1x to 2x a month) hunts into Blackthorn's Castle and then either auctioning off items at already existing city auctions throughout the kingdom or hosting one of our own. Details to come!

RBG Requests for a City Jail
In the last few weeks, it has become evident that the RBG needs a city jail within the walls of the city of Britain, as travel to Yew for such temporary holds has proved to be much more treacherous than needed. Taking in the thoughts of our citizens at this Town Hall and the next Town Hall before I either a) pitch the project to the King or b) decide to abstain from the request. If you would like to speak to me directly in this regard, PLEASE EMAIL ME! pandora @ childrenofdarkness . com --- you are also welcomed to come to the next Town Hall as well on July 19th @ 4 PM EST.