• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Loyalty?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I am thinking about it, this too is incorrect. There are times to where there are no rioters to be found nowhere. Jhelom is a prime example of where this is easily observed on occasion. I have witnessed on more than a few occasions there being no rioters anywhere in and around Jhelom {yes, this includes the areas you have to "travel" too}, only angry protestors. I feed or drop gold onto them until they are satisfied. After making them happy and them turning into normal citizens again, rioters would then appear in areas previously checked for rioters.
Rioters just take a while to respawn.

At the moment there are neither rioters nor protestors in new magincia, and I didnt even actively go after the protestors to feed them. Rioters will respawn but it takes time. Sometimes one of the captured rioters is taken over again and converted by the system back to a rioter (it will still follow you, but you get the "you didn't take your captive to the guard in time" message).

When the spawn runs dry, I just read the boards for a minute or two, and then the city has one or more rioters again :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes one of the captured rioters is taken over again and converted by the system back to a rioter (it will still follow you, but you get the "you didn't take your captive to the guard in time" message).
Well, that would explain why one rioter I arrested started tossing garbage about and yelling about it being better to die on his feet as I was leading him to the Guard Captain... :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Rioters just take a while to respawn.

Makes sense. Maybe I can decrease the size of my travels then. I do get tired of runnin all the way from Brit farms to the outskirts of East Brit looking for rioters :) You ever notice a rioter 'timing out' and disappearing prior to arrest? Just wondering if they have an active shelf life, of if they will continue to keep tossing garbage and fire bombs indefinately until they are arrested.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes sense. Maybe I can decrease the size of my travels then. I do get tired of runnin all the way from Brit farms to the outskirts of East Brit looking for rioters :) You ever notice a rioter 'timing out' and disappearing prior to arrest? Just wondering if they have an active shelf life, of if they will continue to keep tossing garbage and fire bombs indefinately until they are arrested.
Since I had rioters stuck in the walls of trinsic for a whole day, they certainly don't despawn in any reasonable timeframe.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I had rioters stuck in the walls of trinsic for a whole day, they certainly don't despawn in any reasonable timeframe.
It's like this in Trammel Trinsic on Atlantic right now, so I guess that city is completely worthless until tomorrow.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's like this in Trammel Trinsic on Atlantic right now, so I guess that city is completely worthless until tomorrow.

You can page a GM and they will move them. Of course some GM's seem to work faster than others {no shock there huh lol} when it comes to it. Also have heard of folks using another char with spellweaving to hit it with Thunderstorm or Essence to kill them off.

*edit*

Was bored so figured I would test for myself. The following is the message I sent to the GM's:

Kale the angry rioter is stuck in the walls at coord's 98o 47' S 42o 2'E and is unarrestable, he needs to be removed/deleted so folks can continue with the live event.

Three minutes later Kale plops onto the street. :thumbup: fast response

Snag a sextant and get at it :D

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep seeing floating cannons, so I just grabbed a sextant and now I'm going to discover how timely they are about fixing that.

Edit: Well, I'll be damned. It took about 3-4 minutes, and then the cannons started disappearing, one by one. Then I got a GM message stating that they were "investigating," which was a bit of a non sequitur, but whatever.

I now have a new pass-time.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm, good luck with that. Could take a while, Mesanna seemed rather adamant in her post the other day that the rioters in wall's deal would be handled rather quickly *shrugs* ... she didn't mention nuittin' 'bout dem cannons matey.. dey are bein' a pain. :pirate:

*edit* Dang, they had them cleared before I could reply. The GM's on the BALL lately. :D :thumbup1:

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*edit* Dang, they had them cleared before I could reply. The GM's on the BALL lately. :D :thumbup1:
Cannon occurrences 2, 3, and 4 each took about 60-90 seconds before the cannons started to disappear. Trammel Trinsic and Serpent's Hold are now clear of cannons on Atlantic!

Edit: I got two more occurrences cleared, but now it's been almost 10 minutes with no response on this nine-cannon calamity easy of the Lycaeum. Shift change?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you have developed a consensus after 15 whole hours into it. To me a consensus is an opinion reached by a group as a whole, not the case here, sorry but one persons opinion does not make a consensus.
Which is why if you read this thread, you'll see at least two other people stating they think it is low spawn, and one agreeing with me that in their experience they'd only seen 2 per spawn. But it's so much easier to assume I don't understand what the word "consensus" means, isn't it?

By the way, before patronizing anyone else, would you care to try and define "simply aren't very common" in numerical terms? Which is the statement I actually made; Would it be as low as, say, none at all which you yourself then tried to correct me about in your own post of what you'd seen around Jhelom? Is 0 now "common"? Would you also like to claim that even as many as 10, which no one has seen anything close too, would be enough for even a moderate population shard? Or are you part of the "consensus" that it's too low at present?

Would you like to try and prove a negative too? You seem to think you can, in that if you can't see them that means that they've not spawned at all. You mention Jhelom; have you checked both of the other islands to the north and south, which count as being part of the city limits? Of course, if you actually take the time to read what I said, I mentioned it's quite possible they don't spawn at the same rate in every city... Do you see Jhelom mentioned in my list? Did I ever make a statement as to the spawn rate in Jhelom? Best to cross check what someone's actual argument is before trying to claim it's wrong, wouldn't you say?

Furthermore, would you like to quantify the amount of spawn that occurs on shards other than your own? You even admit you don't know what shard I play on; wouldn't it be wise to do so, before being arrogant and assuming anyone else is wrong, especially if, as I suggested, it could be that it's based on the amount of people with ropes or other indicator of active interest in hunting them; which on a low population shard or at the times I've been doing it could be just me?

And yet more incredible assumptions; who said I was even thinking that the ropes themselves are flagged to the city? It's hard to see how they would be from a programming point of view, especially as you should already have discovered they work for arrests in any city, not just the one they are collected from. Isn't it more likely then that the locational flag is tied to the NPC itself? It spawns in X, thus it needs to be returned to X's Officer no matter where you gate it too in the short term? All I suggested was one alternative way you could easily find out how many NPCs were needed for a city, if the devs had tried to take that into account, by counting the number of quest ropes within the eligible city co-ordinates. It could even be as simple as being done by pure player numbers in a city, or the rate of arresting in the area, or even triggered just by an approaching player "converting" an NPC randomly; if you'd looked elsewhere on the boards you'll see in my own thread about the ones that are bugged that I'd already noticed you can see them flicker to a new identity in the EC, because you can zoom out and see them before they'd normally be on screen for CC.

Such a method would be the quickest coding fix, and also explain some of the lag people are seeing, because it's having to do conversion on the fly. It would also cause a natural cap on spawn numbers due to emergence from standard player behaviour, but I kind of left that unsaid because it's not as important to me to assert my supposed superiority, and which is why I tried to politely state no one was necessarily wrong.

But well done on proving me wrong on that at least; your claims to what I was saying, or even what you were reporting, are howling inaccurate and wrong.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Man, I can't believe I forgot your name. I will not make that mistake again. I forgot you seem to be one of the types that are never able to admit they are mistaken, even when a mound of evidence is placed before them. That's fine though, people are entitled to be however they choose to be, and play the game with whatever misguided "facts" they want to cling too. However, I don't have to waste my time debating the meaning of this word or that word or yadda yadda ..... feel free to argue with yourself.
*adds another person to the ignore list*

For anyone else, decide to believe whatever you will :)

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how fast does the loyalty decay? 2 nites in a row i have gotten to Adored because when i log back in the next day im back to respected. Last nite i did alot of help for the city to get a buffer at least to stay at adored but still dropped to respected today. I have not done anything in any other city, I have not killed any rioters or raiders. So there must be some natural decay on it at some point i guess.

A

Aida Quantrex

Are Atlantic Yew nonmages just screwed when it comes to arresting rioters in the hallway on the base floor in the prison ?
Since the celldoors are locked the only way to get them out of the prison is to go outside, but you cannot get from here to the mainland without a gate/recall.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how fast does the loyalty decay? 2 nites in a row i have gotten to Adored because when i log back in the next day im back to respected. Last nite i did alot of help for the city to get a buffer at least to stay at adored but still dropped to respected today. I have not done anything in any other city, I have not killed any rioters or raiders. So there must be some natural decay on it at some point i guess.
Have others experienced that? If that is the case I'll probably not participate. I have a busy life and I can't devote an hour a night to the game, especially just maintaining the loyalty. I really hope the loyalty decay is a lot slower than that. I support the realism that you need to continue to support to maintain loyalty, it makes sense... just not if it is such a drain that I can't enjoy other game aspects in order to keep the loyalty.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had problems with rioters in the walls of Trinsic the other day also. Wish I had read this long thread before then. Anyone know where the jailer for Moonglow is? Haven't found one, but found a rioter. Figured I would kill the rioter rather than let him burn the farm down, and now disliked in Moonglow, the Town my mage had chosen to be loyal to. :( May take some time to get that back up.

E

elspeth

Cannon occurrences 2, 3, and 4 each took about 60-90 seconds before the cannons started to disappear. Trammel Trinsic and Serpent's Hold are now clear of cannons on Atlantic!

Edit: I got two more occurrences cleared, but now it's been almost 10 minutes with no response on this nine-cannon calamity easy of the Lycaeum. Shift change?
sweet!!!!!

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have others experienced that? If that is the case I'll probably not participate. I have a busy life and I can't devote an hour a night to the game, especially just maintaining the loyalty. I really hope the loyalty decay is a lot slower than that. I support the realism that you need to continue to support to maintain loyalty, it makes sense... just not if it is such a drain that I can't enjoy other game aspects in order to keep the loyalty.
I had three characters leveled to adored and higher, only to have the two I don't play every day back to respected very fast. :(

Seems to need constant grind to keep it up. They could've told me so, then I wouldn't have wasted so much time on it at this moment, but only much later when there are actual rewards to be gotten. It sucks though, that by the end when the rewards come, I might have put much more effort in these characters and get nothing due to decay, while someone that just started gets something because his loyalty has not begun to decay.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any form of decay is always a bad idea: it cheapens any sense of achievement one might have, and considerably hurts casual players. The only purpose is to keep people busy without adding any new content. It's plain wrong.

I'm done with City Loyalty for now. It makes no sense to build it before you can actually get any benefit from it, since it will be gone by the day you do.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, not a fan of the decay here either, although I have not been hit by it yet. Not a big deal on a mage char but for any char without gate ability, it really blows. I do feel sorry for those that only play a handful of hours a week tho, decay is probably the deathnail in the coffin for them when it comes to participating.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll find all the locations shown on maps linked from here:
UO Stratics *New* | Rebellion in Britannia!

which can be found by looking under 'quests and events' in the left hand sidebar or just typing 'rebellion' in the search box.

Having worked a little in Skara and Magincia it is my belief that the spawn may possibly be dynamic. When first arriving in an empty town there are only protesters. As soon as you begin working them rioters start to spawn. If someone joins you in working the town the number of rioters increases. I could, of course, be totally wrong, but that is how it appears to work from my observations.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You'll find all the locations shown on maps linked from here:
UO Stratics *New* | Rebellion in Britannia!

which can be found by looking under 'quests and events' in the left hand sidebar or just typing 'rebellion' in the search box.

Having worked a little in Skara and Magincia it is my belief that the spawn may possibly be dynamic. When first arriving in an empty town there are only protesters. As soon as you begin working them rioters start to spawn. If someone joins you in working the town the number of rioters increases. I could, of course, be totally wrong, but that is how it appears to work from my observations.
I've been working New Magincia exclusively, and yes, it does appear to become busier if one or more players continually work the spawn.