• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Citizens of New Magincia

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Citizens of New Magincia,

Lady WildStar, Grand Duchess of the Kingdom of Dawn, has been selected as Governor of New Magincia. She has entered into a trade deal with the Merchant's Association (+2 Mana Regeneration). She is available to citizens to listen to their concerns and to grant titles.

The city treasury is currently empty and needs to be replenished so that the city can either maintain its' current deal or enter into a new one and to fund improvements and repairs (those dang potholes!). Any amount of gold that you spare will be greatly appreciated.

Theobald the City Herald

Alouenikah

Caretaker of Sudiva
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lendi dont be snide

lady wildstar i am sory to hear you have no money :< have you considred runing a rafle or a bake sale

i help the episcopel ladies make cakes for their bake sales and they are alweys well receved :heart: you must rember to make some withot nuts and wheet because lots of peple have bad stomachs in these days

you could also make good tarts becase new magincia is a tropic place

Molokha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duchess, I thought that you were already running a city-state. You cannot possibly run two countries, miles distant, on two different facets. You are only one person. Whatever happened to those shrill, obnoxious New Magincian counsellors? Let them run their pitiful driftwood kingdom; it is an embarrassment to your good name to even be associated with it.

That said, the original Maginicians were wealthy because they made use of the location's natural magical leylines. You are going to have to do the same if you wish to restore Magincia to its former glory. It may mean that a herd of daemons comes through in fifty years to destroy your infrastructure and teach you the meaning of humility, but that is a risk that you are going to have to take. It is an island, the soil is terrible, and your only exports are sheep and mangoes. You are in no position to be moral.

[ALT ATTACK]

[This forum is basically just a platform for me to RP with myself now, like finger puppets]

Last edited:

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am sure that I will be able to handle both positions.

As for the economy of New Magincia, looking into the past will only put self-imposed limits on the city. It is time to look for a new economic model for the city. We already have the bazaar which has the potential to turn New Magincia into a merchant center and with the dock, the city could become a center of trade in the eastern oceans.

WildStar
Governor of New Magincia

Molokha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks uncharacteristically interested* You are correct, you have the makings of a functional city-state. A merchant district, coupled with the city's unusual history and excellent climate, would also make it attractive to seasonal residents and tourists. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of arable farmland. You are perilously close to Trinsic, which has land in abundance. That is a political bond that you ought to consider fostering, as the relationship between Trinsic and Magincia was never strong, and the independence activists damaged it still further with their nonsensical crusade; you have nothing to lose from flattering the mainland superpowers, at least initially.

I look forward to watching the progress of your rule. Please do not listen to Lindae, he gives Umbra a bad name.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I'm slowly clearing out my house and closing my account, I would love to donate to your cause. Please PM me when you have a chance and hopefully, we'll find a time to meet up. Godspeed! *deep curtsy with hand over heart*