• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Circa 2009 tamer returns

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I logged in tonight for the first time this decade. Selected my near leg tamer and checked on my pets. Seems like they are all there...safe and sound. But now I have to ask....before I go our and get myself eaten repeatedly I have to ask....what is new in taming. Any nerds in the last few years or any must have pets? I have a GD ...got him just before I logged off for the last time. So that gives you an idea of my time line.

What are all the fashionable tamers hunting ?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I logged in tonight for the first time this decade. Selected my near leg tamer and checked on my pets. Seems like they are all there...safe and sound. But now I have to ask....before I go our and get myself eaten repeatedly I have to ask....what is new in taming. Any nerds in the last few years or any must have pets? I have a GD ...got him just before I logged off for the last time. So that gives you an idea of my time line.

What are all the fashionable tamers hunting ?

Wow I have to say the tamer forums seem a little less friendly now a days..... back in the day someone posted a question like this there would be a 2 page discussion posted of differentiating opinions. Times they are a changing I guess......

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back TimberWolf! Was it really as long ago as 2009 since you were here? Time flies when we were all talking about you behind your back. [Joking!!]

We're not so much unfriendly, more some of us being a bit too busy outside the forums to be as attentive as we'd like during the week. I'm sure the lurkers will wake up once they realise the weekend has started ;)

The most obvious new tamer stuff is the new pets in Stygian Abyss if you have upgraded to get the SA content. Otherwise the taming side of things hasn't changed a whole lot. Or rather if you've got a GD and still remember how to handle a pet then taming is probably going to be as you remember it. It's more the rest of the game content and spawns including the revamped dungeons that you won't know about.

Luckily there are plenty of pages on the new stuff in the main Stratics site, if there are specific things you're needing pointers for, we'll happily bombard you with links. I'd feel a bit cruel bombarding you with the unabridged version of 2009-2014 in its entirety though :D

Wenchy

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol wow Wenchkin, I am pleased to see you are still haunting this old forum.....ya I can hardly believe how fast the last 5 years flew by outside the game. I think I have matured and mellowed as I have aged. :) I find stractics not as busy period and I think that is something I will have to adjust to. I upgraded to SA when I got back...I got and bonded a GD just before I left. ...So yes please link away.....and you know I will be back to argue and question most of what I read :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually more and more of newly added content is tamer-unfriendly. (Mostly by mobs doing extra-dammage against pets.) I wonder, when the first tanking tamers are popping up. (Tasmers that are build to take and avoids the damage from the monsters, while their pets can hit them undisturbed.)
Aside from that, there wrent that many important/interesting changes to tamers lifes. So these parts of the forum went more or less quiet.

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back. The GD will be great for doing most of the Mini Champs in the Abyss.
Also, I cant remember if the Rustic and Gothic theme packs came out before or after
you left, if you have one of those where you can put up a pet vendor in New Magincia,
a pet vendor is quite handy to sell and xfer pets to other players.