• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas Elf

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So what does a elf do? :confused2:

No, this isn't the start of a bad joke! :D
Artisan Festival

The Artisan Festival is a new crafting event that allows crafters to take advantage of the new Bulk Order update to turn in Bulk Order Deeds for virtue & vice themed holiday rewards!
  • The Artisan Festival Event is active between server up after December 1, 2016, 12:01 AM ET and January 1, 2016 12:01 AM ET.
  • The Artisan Festival occurs in any of the Governor cities with a treasury balance of at least 1,000,000 gp.
  • Town Criers will announce which city is currently active.
  • The Artisan Festival lasts for 3 days in each city during the event
  • While the Artisan Festival is active within a city, players may turn in Bulk Order Deeds to elves at a specially decorated location within each City,
    • Britain – East Britain Park
    • Jhelom – East of The Pearl of Jhelom
    • Minoc – West of The Matewan
    • Moonglow – East of the Scholar’s Goods
    • New Magincia – The Gazebo
    • Skara Brae – South of the Healer of Skara Brae
    • Trinsic – The Park
    • Vesper – East of the Fisherman’s Guild
    • Yew – East of the Yew Healer
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
  • Players may claim their rewards by double clicking on the large gift bag near the elf.
  • Players receive a gift box that can be used to unwrap a random reward inside.
  • Rewards are vice and virtue themed holiday items including,
    • Honor, Sacrifice, Hythloth, and Destard themed paper lanterns
      • Can be turned on an off by double clicking, function as a light source
    • Compassion, Honesty, Wrong, and Shame themed throw pillows
    • Valor, Spirituality, Despise, and Deceit themed wood sculptures
      • Animated, can be turned on and off by double clicking
    • Justice, Humility, Covetous, and Pride themed paintings
  • Players who claim their reward receive a Virtue or Vice themed reward based on their karma. Positive karma players receive a Virtue themed reward and negative karma players receive a Vice themed reward. Participants can only receive one gift per Artisan Festival in each city.
  • Rewards come in a new collectible holiday box available in a variety of hues.
  • There is a 1 day cooldown between events in each city to give participants a chance to claim their rewards. Players should claim their rewards as soon as the event ends.
  • The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Are these "filled" bods that are to be turned in, or unfilled ? That sounds like a stupid question, but with this team of Devs..well...
no clue as I am not doing Bods. I am reading up on the TC1 changes and also trying to find a sleeping dragon on Sonoma, so far only the reading has answered any questions I had.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know when I first read the description, I had the same question, and I'm wondering what it is about the way it's written that leads to that question. I know several other people who thought the same and went and tested. Yes, they do have to be filled bods. And no, you don't get any other rewards upon turning them in, nor does it reset your timer so you can get another right away.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wait til you see the shard's progress on Britain's tree!

Yeah... the rate of growth seems to be set for more populated shards, so we won't get it to max, unless everyone drops what they are doing and starts running bods. Could be a good challenge for us? I dunno. Plus the rewards are really very lackluster, IMO.

I swear with the art... all these pieces need to look decent is a simple hand polish. I could do it in half an hour, and I'm not a professional artist. Instead we get poorly downscaled objects with big clumps of pixel artifacts. Why these things end up this way, I'm not sure, but it really turns me off. A lot.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reaching max size makes it so that everyone who turned in a bod will get a prize. Otherwise it acts as a raffle, and each bod turned in is an entry into the drawing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn I wish for everyone to get a price and want the tree on Siege

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've turned in over 75 bods so far, and a few of those pricey larges. I want to see everyone that participates get a reward, not everyone on the shard getting one regardless of their lack of effort.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until they make doing BoDs fun it won't draw many players. Hopefully in the years to come they'll figure this out and start coding entertaining additions to the game instead of inspiring player comments like "Aw *bleep* it. They wasted time making this?! Off to another game that's got something new that's fun to do."

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The new BOD system is way better and I won't need a lot of books of bods, so I have turned in 150 exp weapon bods so far, when I run our of them, I'm sure I have some exp cloth bods to get rid off

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What will happen if we do not make it today and get the tree to full size, will our rewards be lost ? @Mesanna @Kyronix
There is a 1 day cool down between each city hosting the festival. You technically have until the next time the city hosts the festival before everything resets to prepare for another tree. So for example, if Britain had enough gold to host the event and it concludes, you have until Britain hosts the event again to claim your reward. After the one day cool down, the festival will start in the next city that can afford the event. At this point Britain is at the bottom of the list, but if Britain is the only city with enough money to fund the festival, it could presumably host the festival after the 1 day cool down despite being at the bottom of the list. I don't suspect this is the case on many shards as many cities have quite a bit of money sitting on their city stones, but it is a possibility so we wanted to make sure people claim their rewards ASAP.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damnit, I wasted bods on a city at the bottom of the list.....sigh.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure all of our cities have the minimum amount required to host the festival