• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas Deco

• Thread starter Amathist of PoC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Amathist of PoC

I know I am early but it is almost the season to be jolly...does anyone have any cool Christmas Decoration screen shots they want to share?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
couple years ago there was a contest (you probably have a mini-deed for the winner of that contest) and that thread was full of the most beautiful ideas.... sadly, it was gone long before the recent collapse of Stratics :( you might, however, find some good ideas on the UOJapan pages.... if I can find a link to them, I'll add it to this post

ohhh!! and in one of the stickies up top there's a shot of Sarsmi's Winter Wonderland Keep (or was it castle?) and if you haven't seen that one, ya gotta!!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a pic of my house with "Christmas lights" along the roof. Someone here could probably do much better than this, but I was very happy I figured out how do it. I used gems and sect badges. I went in and out of custom mode alot.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No pics to show examples, but just mentioning some things I have seen in holiday themes that I really enjoyed:

Someone made the cutest light strings using heartwood bows placed end to end with gems placed along them. It looked great along railings.

Icicles on the edges of roof from tinkered silver necklaces

Pixie baubles for the elf to human quest have a nice silvery blue sparkle although they are kind of big, you can work them into a design

Green and red tiger clan badges from the Citadel as large decorative balls

Snowglobes on top of posts

Piles of cotton for snow drifts

Skier "dolls" made out of items - Sarsmi has made some of the best examples on these. I saw a few great Santa dolls as well.

The giant snowflake holiday gift, displayed like a wreath with white pearl or other gem in the center

Holiday wreath with the bows dyed different colors using dye tub

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here was my tiny little Christmas vendor where I sold green & red plants, empty gift boxes, and such to help people get their deco in line for the holiday. The little thatch covered shed on top, with holiday dressed vendor next to it was one of my favorite things, too bad it isn't visible in the pic. The shed was my refuge...teleporter hidden under goza took me right into it, it was Siege after all, and the plot was wide open. :p

I tamed great harts each day, renamed them with reindeer names, and put them in the stable area below. Later, when I had collected enough of the reindeer add on deeds, I used those instead.

-Skylark

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did potions on one railing, with green dragon scale and nox crystal as the 'greenery', then outside on the steps used red vorpal bunny eggs. Which works out well for any season you want to do some kind of decorative bannister or line of greenery (as long as it runs east-west) and some bunny eggs of whatever color.

If anyone is interested in duplicating the candy cane columns, they are made from heartwood barrel lids on the top and bottom, and the takeable/stealable copper and silver wire from NPC smith barrels in bucs den and serpent's hold.

A

Amathist of PoC

some really cool ideas guys keep them coming. Here are some that I have had in the past at an old vendor house I ran.