• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas Deco Contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I decided I'd go ahead and try to host a Christmas Decorating Contest.

How this will work....

Decorators, you can submit anything you want, whether it be a room, an object, or an entire house. The sky is the limit.

To make things easy, no need to host pics, no need to register at a Web site, just e-mail me the pics. My email is spiderwebzdesign at gmail.com I'll edit them down to proper size/dimensions and host them on the http://deco.girlgamer.net site.

Submissions will will end in two weeks, on Dec. 15 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Sometime the next day voting will commence through a poll I'll set up on the site (I will try to set it up for no registering for those that don't want to register) and will run for a week, ending on Dec. 23 at 11:59 p.m.

The top 3 winners will receive prizes, most likely before New Year's Day (the holidays are extremely hectic for me with work so I can't make a promise before that.)

A list of prizes will be available as soon as I have items to give away. I plan on having an honorable mention prize for each shard as well. If anyone would like to donate a prize for the shard honorable mention, let me know.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm gonna try to get them to whatever shard has winners. Whether that be I buy it on that shard or transfer it, will be seen

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there a limit to how many entries a person can make?
Nope. However, you can only win once.

And for the folks on Siege Perilous, please send in your entries too. I have some gold there for a prize, so don't worry if you win on SP, you'll get a prize.

Something I did forget, please, enter your own deco, not someone else's cool house you saw.

Also, please mention what shard you are from when emailing me. Thanks!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*gentle bump* Little more than a week before deadline. We've had two entries so far =)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My last post to U.Hall vanished, not sure why *shrugs* If anyone would like to spread word of this to their guildmates, guild forums, etc., it would be appreciated.

There are no ads on the subdomain (intentionally) so it's safe to advertise in game.

Thanks.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles*

But we can sticky it here!
Slap me with a deco tool guys if I seem a bit slow!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*hides Deco tool* I would never....oh right I would.

Thanks Rachel!

A

alaina123

i put my entry in! good luck everyone this is going to be fun...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent mine in now as well. Sorry i'm so late doing so.. not had the chance to decorate till now. :x

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No worries.

For those wondering, entries will be posted tonight and tomorrow and then poll will be turned on from work. I'm finding I'm very tired after work today and am goign to "nap" which may mean I'm sleepign for the night and will get to entries tomororw.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for hosting that Kayhynn.

A lot of good things displayed in that contest, and I enjoyed looking at the entries.

I'd just like to say: fabulous job, Sarsmi & DevilsOwn. Yours were my personal favorites (I didn't see until after the contest was over, but I made my picks before I looked at any shard or designer names).

-Skylark

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aww :blushing: thanks Skylark! some tough competition there, for certain! I managed to find Tsunade's place and took a tour, some really wonderful little touches there, and also got a tour of of the chapel being constructed right across the road

Sarsmi continues to astound and perplex.... all that deco on top of roof tiles! :D about the most amazing thing I did was not fall off the goza when getting the reindeer up that high :lol: