• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chief Paroxysmus (Sampire, Stoneform, Thrower?)

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a bunch of different templates to choose from to take this big guy down. I'd like to know what template you use to successfully solo this monster?! I think I'll try him now with a stone form dexer to see how he does vs. the poison. I'll be using a ubws leafblade for feint and armor ignore. I will try this current run with spirit speak instead of healing for the quicker heal just in case of poison with curse weapon.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sampire build with Anatomy instead of Resist.

Use a leafblade for exactly as you described. I always try to have Feint up and throw in an AI when I can. Only minor challenges are getting rid of his 3 buddies at the start and avoiding that big hit he occasionally throws out.

Takes about 15-20 mins.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think healing will be the way to go instead of spirit speak, any thoughts? or parry for the mana reduction, and just rely on leeching?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think healing will be the way to go instead of spirit speak, any thoughts? or parry for the mana reduction, and just rely on leeching?
Are you planning to use curse weapon? If so you will want spirit speak over healing. It's been awhile, but I used to use a sampire with healing there. I don't recall using it to regain hp much - most of the time I was curing the poison. Parry is probably what you want (assuming no shield)...you'll negate some big hits and get more AI opportunities due to the mana discount.

100% fire leafblade.

On a tangent, has anyone tried out reforging hit fatigue on their weapon? Does it help more than HLA when going against peerless like DH or Paroxy?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a bunch of different templates to choose from to take this big guy down. I'd like to know what template you use to successfully solo this monster?! I think I'll try him now with a stone form dexer to see how he does vs. the poison. I'll be using a ubws leafblade for feint and armor ignore. I will try this current run with spirit speak instead of healing for the quicker heal just in case of poison with curse weapon.
There is a guy on GL who does him solo regular, runs with a 100% fire damage no dachi for feint and double strike, just keep him feinted and doube strike in between. , he runs with SSI/DI/HML and HSL on the wep and i think hit fireball. I have been really laggy of lated ( am in the UK) but I have made the same wep and intend to key paroxy and have a go myself, ill let you know how i get on.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
solo
Sampire dont need healing skill( hitting = healing),so easy.
Stone forme dont poisoning,but need bushid and no summon.
Throwing have big damage,but thrower can not ride swampy.

I think paroxy's big enemy is slime.
I want slime is more drop key ! lol