• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chessy Roleplayers

P

panzerskau92

Are there any out there any more? I have played for almost ten years, and took a four year break. PaxLair has gone down the tubes too and I saw today that the town is being sold, one building at a time. I guess an RP era has come to an end. Disappointing to say the least. I came back to roleplay, meet and make new friends, and enjoy myself, but it seems I'm coming up short. Anyone have any insight? Are there any real roleplayers left? *sigh*

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd roleplay if I felt I could invest so much time into the game, but it's difficult for me since I don't have a regular schedule or income - I don't want to become emeshed in a city like Pax and then not be able to attend events, or worse, not be able to pay for my subscription any more. I think a lot of people have simply moved on to other games, though. :( The roleplay and the community at large are only very slowly coming back after years of quiet dissappearances, it seems.

S

Stoutblade

I'd roleplay if I felt I could invest so much time into the game, but it's difficult for me since I don't have a regular schedule or income - I don't want to become emeshed in a city like Pax and then not be able to attend events, or worse, not be able to pay for my subscription any more. I think a lot of people have simply moved on to other games, though. :( The roleplay and the community at large are only very slowly coming back after years of quiet dissappearances, it seems.
I have the same problem. I used to be able to play a lot and get out to a lot of RP events but now I'm left at the mercy of an OOC schedule that is rarely within my control and finances that just aren't as conducive to paying a monthly fee as they used to be. I end up leaving for long stretches of time, missing out on events when I am playing and then feeling guilty that I'm not able to support a community that clearly needs all the help it can get. I do still try though and keep up hope as best I can. No other game out there is as conducive to roleplaying as UO. CoH/CoV is fairly close but is still in second place IMO. Some people have talked about designating one shard as the unofficial UO RP shard but that hasn't worked for a number of reasons (people playing in different parts of the world, each shard having its own history and communities, etc.).

As I mentioned in another post, however, it is currently the time of year (at least in North America) when people aren't playing as much anyway because they are enjoying the warm weather outside. During the winter you might find RPers more easily. Even during peak season, however, the game's RP community just is not what it used to be...

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Are there any out there any more? I have played for almost ten years, and took a four year break. PaxLair has gone down the tubes too and I saw today that the town is being sold, one building at a time. I guess an RP era has come to an end. Disappointing to say the least. I came back to roleplay, meet and make new friends, and enjoy myself, but it seems I'm coming up short. Anyone have any insight? Are there any real roleplayers left? *sigh*

Umm Winfield forgot to pay an account he was olding and thats why it fell. Another Pax person bought the tower spot. The other fit a small tower no one wanted it. Guess I cannot be upset with PaxLair being down the tubes it is rather quiet but it isnt like (crap).

I tend to stick to PaxOku where yes it is quiet but we do enjoy our Friday Nights and for some reason more people are on from 12am - 5am eastern with me LoL.

I cant offer you the world at this point on the Chesapeake shard in our city but I can offer you the will power to make the city better day by day. We have a wonderful core group of people that will keep shocking the city even if it has been down for over 2hours.

For those of you that feel you do not have the time or cant afford to play and deprive yourselves of the enjoyment of RP then please come visit us. Talk to us we dont require time we dont expect anything out of you. We would just love you if you came to the city for 2mins one day out of 365 days or 2mins every Three Years ;-)