• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know. taking a break i guess. contemplating selling my keep on atl. prime spot north of yew gate.
Yea I'm thinking about just unloading my last 2 accounts..there's not much if a reason to play..I just log in and log most nights it's become boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO is on its last legs(fel side at least).... everyone that actually pvped has either quit or moved to free shards. Even ATL is dying compared to what it was a few years ago. Its really too bad.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is on its last legs(fel side at least).... everyone that actually pvped has either quit or moved to free shards. Even ATL is dying compared to what it was a few years ago. Its really too bad.
I just hope this Virtue Vs Vice pans out..or I'm throwing in the towel myself..too little too late

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man who is it on those 6-7 Darks they are HORRIBLE! Either it's a super bad multi-box script or they just suck..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol his multi box was at least useful..these guys look like chicken with their heads chopped off...

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what is the mages response to a clearly dexxer friendly patch? 210 stam suits make me cringe.. I'd be all about a hybrid mage if it wasn't for d-arm spam everywhere you go. Currently running a scribe wrestle necro mage wit meh success. I am not sold on these eater suits yet but I'm giving em a shot.

On the flip side I made a Broli template just because it has looked so god damn fun I had to try it.. and it is! lol

btw i was juicy on chessy I currently don't pvp there, I became a trammite..

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah it's a lot of dexers on chessy right now. I'd suggest scribe/wrestle/parry (no meditation). Just remember you need 60 dex for parry to work. I run 55 + the crimmy, it comes out to 90 dex when using a blue pot. You pretty much have to have the Hephaestus shield to make everything come out right on your suit.

But with that you should never die to dexers unless dismounted and facing more than 1 or 2. Even then I can sometimes get an invis off and re-mount.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ended up going to atl and buying some eater stuff, slither etc to make one of these new suits. I talked to a bunch of people and it seemed to be the best bet overall, since you can go threw literally hundreds of kits and not get what you want. I'm running nox scribe w/ wrestle. I've run a lot of parry mages, the reactive paralyze mod has me interested in running one again. I've been running that hephaestus shield w/ open hand on my nox scribe. It's pretty solid shield, makes the lights rampart look like crap, which was the previous parry mage shield... but i still think reactive para is where it's at for a shield... one w/ soul charge or eater . I realize you need the 10 parry off the shield, not to mention it has some monsterous mods, but i would use a custom woodland shield or something.

Out of curiosity.. can anyone confirm whether the studded suits actually inflict the ssi penalty to attackers?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WB man..hope to get a few more to fight on chessy..now that we have a few people it's been boring..go figure!

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
can anyone confirm whether the studded suits actually inflict the ssi penalty to attackers?

Not sure what you're asking here, but wearing a studded suit does not slow down your swing speed at all. In fact it gives you 3% extra lower mana cost property per studded piece worn, up to a max of 55% LMC.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone confirm whether the studded suits actually inflict the ssi penalty to attackers?

Not sure what you're asking here, but wearing a studded suit does not slow down your swing speed at all. In fact it gives you 3% extra lower mana cost property per studded piece worn, up to a max of 55% LMC.
I read that if you wear a studded suit and get hit by a dexxer/archer or what ever , there is a 10% chance that the ATTACKER will loose all of their SSI bonus. Similar in idea to reactive para paralyzing the attacker, this negates all ssi. Not sure if it made it threw to the actual patch. I made a studded suit for a myst mage and i love it, but as i read patch notes from months ago and I know not everything made the patch.. does anyone know if this made it threw? Reason I ask is if it does studded would get another bonus, to make it even more powerful.. 55lmc, refinements and then ssi pen to attackers? no brainer.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And thanks for the wb, duno if I'll end up on chessy at all but let's be honest I can't ever say I don't love chessy

Krush

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"I read that if you wear a studded suit and get hit by a dexxer/archer or what ever , there is a 10% chance that the ATTACKER will loose all of their SSI bonus."

This is definitely NOT the case.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I fought like 10 people w/ the 210 stam suits, and I beat everyone of them w/ my 180 stam. So it clearly isn't that good.

Know what is good? That Tyrion Lanister guy. Hes ****ing beast.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
self confidence is a good thing for you cotton. glad to see you possess it. it will take you far in life my friend.

what Navi upto these days. miss that dude.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
self confidence is a good thing for you cotton. glad to see you possess it. it will take you far in life my friend.

what Navi upto these days. miss that dude.
He doesn't play often he works 3rd shift..you kno navi..he logs in game usually at like 6-7am does his trammy stuff..rarely gets in vent anymore. Completely converted to trammy.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss his ramblings... Good ol Navicerts :)

Anyone heard from Tao? Heard he had a death in the family.... hope hes doing ok.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I spoke to Tao awhile ago. Hes one of UOs finest players of all time.
As for Navi who knows what that crazy ginger is up to. Drugs and women be my guess.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fought like 10 people w/ the 210 stam suits, and I beat everyone of them w/ my 180 stam. So it clearly isn't that good.

Know what is good? That Tyrion Lanister guy. Hes ******* beast.
so archer vs archer, i was asking about mage :>. the problem is fighting 4+ of these 210 stam archers in open field. They are squishy usually, and a lot of them seem to have ****ty energy resist (perhaps just the shard I'm on) but they can sync and unload AI's and moving shots much faster then before, 1.25 swing on a composite is ********. Add in a bleed and now you can't overcap dci.. and it's pretty effective vs a mage

Noximos, you back on chessy or just bsing on forums?

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently I'm training up a couple characters, but I'd like to bring one to Chesapeake eventually! It's just hard to figure out what kind of character to make, and who to play with.

@dlo, I dunno who you are either TBH.
@Dorinda your avatar reminds me of Lynk's from GL for some reason.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Your what, 21 now?! You were such a young little lad when the UO community ate you up and shat you out. lol
Good to see your still around, finally get over hating me for nonsense?

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your what, 21 now?! You were such a young little lad when the UO community ate you up and shat you out. lol
Good to see your still around, finally get over hating me for nonsense?
24 actually! Yeah, this game can create quite the creature, I look back on a lot of posts I made & want to kick my own ass.

Also, I never hated you lol! You were just a wiener when you split and made that one guild, so it was fun to pick.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
24 actually! Yeah, this game can create quite the creature, I look back on a lot of posts I made & want to kick my own ass.

Also, I never hated you lol! You were just a wiener when you split and made that one guild, so it was fun to pick.
I sense a re occurring theme....

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm Steve kinda ironic huh...I mean you did it to us...then it happens to you...oh drink a warm glass of milk to get some sleep

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thumbs Up to to Old and New UO Drama..if only I played more to entertain it...

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You just play on test center all day noob!

All hail the King of Test Center!! :king: