• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cherry Blossom Turnout

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, maybe Jaden was happy with the turnout for her Saturday event, but I was sorely disappointed!

I was the only RP'er that showed up for the Cow Tipping and Chicken fight. I wasn't planning on participating in either event, and I didn't stay until the event was over, but I showed up to show my support to Jaden.

Come on, RP community! She's worked really hard at trying to put together an event that everyone, RP'ers and Pvp'ers alike will have fun at. The least we can do is show up to support her!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I appreciate the effort Jaden has put into this event, sometimes life takes precedence.

I can't speak for everyone, but in my case, I chose to go to a concert with some coworkers that we've had tickets for since last July. (The show was postponed in the fall due to a medical issue within the band)

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Its fine and I tried no big deal .....I still enjoyed the event and I still enjoy playing UO......and I must add I do have great friends on Game I saw that Saturday, so thanks to those that were there. That said we can just move on and play UO as we want ,,,,

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saturdays and Mondays are always impossible to me. I have obligations that are long standing both days. Jaden knows well that I support her efforts and really appreciate her inventiveness.

(pokes at Mylar with a stick.)

Jolicia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... is this a call out that the rest of us are bad RPers if we couldn't (or didn't want to) attend?

Yes, supporting things is needed and is great! This is a game however and there has been more than one event that had a low turn out because of that. I, personally, am hardly ever around on the weekends for UO time. Instead of writing a "shame on you" post, how about recognizing those that were able to attend as well as the effort that Jaden did with the trees and event. Turn out doesn't make or break an event, in most cases.

From a completely different perspective, the 2 characters that I am on the most, likely wouldn't have attended IC anyways as it wouldn't really be in-character for them to.

P.S. Thanks to Bytor for all the tree pictures/article on the event and to Jaden for putting in the work.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok In all fairness , I won't lie , yes I do get discouraged , I to have a life and I did devote a big chunck of my real life to try to draw out a few of all kinds of different kinds of players and was very pleased that even old foes from many years ago came, which made me very happy and better focus on my past lives on UO .....Thanks to those PVPers I thought would never show up (you know who you are) Thank you...made my day, and thanks for the judges that helped vote for those houses , was tough one to make a call on .....For Catskills First one (Cherry Blossom Festival) and we all worked well planning it all and doing it all we probably did pretty well ...................Thank You Catskills

Last edited: