• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cheaters.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is UO EVER gonna get around to doing anything with speeders, and such?

How about GM's who actually take the time, instead of telling you that you put your question in the wrong category, so now you have to retype it and wait another two hours, only for them to give you a website that hasn't worked since 2005.

I got news for ya Ultima, your game is dying for a reason. It's not a fair game anymore.

I am hoping that they are letting people get comfortable in using steroid/crutches, then BAM, Ultimate wipe out of all the cheaters in one second, just like they did with dupers. Lets hope.

Well, that's one way to get rid of |M| I suppose... Well, most of |M|.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probem is that GM's won't do anything because there isn't any way for them to positively confirm that the person is cheating. It's not like asking a person unattended macroing if they are there and if no response then off to jail they go. The Dev's won't say what they are doing to stop the problem other than they are looking into to the problem on the programming side.

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probem is that GM's won't do anything because there isn't any way for them to positively confirm that the person is cheating. It's not like asking a person unattended macroing if they are there and if no response then off to jail they go. The Dev's won't say what they are doing to stop the problem other than they are looking into to the problem on the programming side.
They should start with unattended macroers. I see many every day. Why is it easy for me to find them ( just going about my usual wandering) and not for GMs?
After reading some of the posts from people who have reported UMs it doesn't seem to be worthwhile to report on them - no action taken.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they've gone into "don't do anything that will cost us customers" mode. I think once SA is released the GM service will get even worse due to the number of pages that they will get from people complaining about luring, cussing (due to luring and fustration), and broken game mechanics.