• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] chat problem

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do NOT have legacy chat enabled. I find now and then that hitting "enter" to get the chat prompt no longer works, and at that time, have to hit the little buttom adjacent to the chat field to get the prompt instead. Also, when this happens, I have no overhead chat available.

Anyone else have this issue?

O

Old Man of UO

Something similar, if I hit enter to start chatting, then click on another gump, I have to click in the small chat window to start typing again. Hitting enter in KR used to bring you back to where you left off in your message, SA doesn't.

Are you starting a chat text and leaving it before hitting enter?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens to me when I hit enter, say something in the box, then click AWAY. You then are OUT of chat and therefore must click in the say box again. This is how other mmo's are, i think. KR handled it a bit better.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I'll poke around with it more.

I do know that once it happens, no amount of clicking where the say box is brings it back, and I do lose my overhead chat at that point even if I can type something into the chat box.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also,

Do any of you have a problem with losing the newest line of chat in the window?

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I have these problems also. It seemed to work for a few days then went right back.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it happends to me. It seems something don't see that you pressing enter to speak. You even need to use context menu on vendors and banks to open them.

If you switch often between character it will happen. Strange thing even if you switch alot that some characters will have this problem and others won't.

I reported this also with the bug report option.

W

Wolfways

Also,

Do any of you have a problem with losing the newest line of chat in the window?
I posted about this a while ago.
If i have a line of text that doesn't fit on one line in the chat box all following text will be moved down, even so far as to "vanish" off the bottom of the chat box.
It stays like this aslong as the "multi-line" text is in the chat box, returning to normal when that line scrolls off the top of the chat box.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I'm still having this problem.

Here's what I've noticed. For some reason, I will lose my extra chat tab and then suddenly I'm left with just the system box and all say/emotes are turned off, and overhead chat is gone.

Even after turning them back on in the filters and going into my user settings and toggling overhead chat, it still doesn't work, and the enter key to get the chat input field no longer works either. The only fix so far is to exit the client completely and restart it.

This time, it seems the cause was logging out and then back in again on the same character very quickly.

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, I'm still having this problem.

Here's what I've noticed. For some reason, I will lose my extra chat tab and then suddenly I'm left with just the system box and all say/emotes are turned off, and overhead chat is gone.

Even after turning them back on in the filters and going into my user settings and toggling overhead chat, it still doesn't work, and the enter key to get the chat input field no longer works either. The only fix so far is to exit the client completely and restart it.

This time, it seems the cause was logging out and then back in again on the same character very quickly.
Mine has been this way for awhile now. I can't seem to fix the problem by logging back in. I just had to drag another chat box over and rename it, but the first line is still not seen at first.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not really talking about the missing line, I'm talking about the inability to get the "Enter " to work for activating the text input area.

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I have the enter line, but still can't see the very current message. I wish these chat problems would be fixed soon.