• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Chat/buff display issues

M

Maureese

Hello,

I am a pretty new player to UO, and I just installed the Enhanced Client today and have been playing with it, I like the features it has much better and easier for me to learn than the standard client. I do have one issue though that I can't quite seem to figure out, nor have I been able to find information on after looking for many hours.

During play, no matter what time I have the overhead chat set to disappear....5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute... it disappears almost instantaneously. Literally less than one second. The same goes for the buff/debuff icons under my portrait. If I use one of my chivalry spells, the buff appears under my portrait for literally less than a second and then is gone, (only to hear it wear off much later, the actual spell duration). Have any of you encountered this before and would be able to assist me?

Another question I have, is there any way to make the text visible in the chat journal forever rather than whenever I mouse over the journal? The same thing happens there as what is happening to me with the overhead chat, new messages will appear in the chat journal for less than a second and then disappear. They are visible again once I mouse over the journal, but gone again once I take the mouse away.

Thank you for any help.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I am a pretty new player to UO, and I just installed the Enhanced Client today and have been playing with it, I like the features it has much better and easier for me to learn than the standard client. I do have one issue though that I can't quite seem to figure out, nor have I been able to find information on after looking for many hours.

During play, no matter what time I have the overhead chat set to disappear....5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute... it disappears almost instantaneously. Literally less than one second. The same goes for the buff/debuff icons under my portrait. If I use one of my chivalry spells, the buff appears under my portrait for literally less than a second and then is gone, (only to hear it wear off much later, the actual spell duration). Have any of you encountered this before and would be able to assist me?

Another question I have, is there any way to make the text visible in the chat journal forever rather than whenever I mouse over the journal? The same thing happens there as what is happening to me with the overhead chat, new messages will appear in the chat journal for less than a second and then disappear. They are visible again once I mouse over the journal, but gone again once I take the mouse away.

Thank you for any help.
My UI could solve all this :p

M

Maureese

Well, a simple restart of my pc seemed to have solved it too, haha. False alarm!

Silly me, thank you anyway.