• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Charged vendor penalty on reducing price

F

Fortyniner

I lowered the price of several items on a vendor today and I got charged a penalty for each one. Surely this was not intended? I change prices a lot when items don't sell.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I lowered the price of several items on a vendor today and I got charged a penalty for each one. Surely this was not intended? I change prices a lot when items don't sell.

I think you got hit with the downside to this. It's ment that after the first 30 minutes if you take your items off before the first 24 hours is up then you get hit with the penalty. It might not be what you'd like but you got to admit it's a good gold sink...

D

DHMagicMan_1

Do you frequently lower prices on items that don't sell less than 24 hours after you first put them up on the vendor? That seems a little quick for a clearance sale.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sure do. Suppose you drop a 20 mage on your vendor for 15 mil, then find out the guy next to you is selling for 13. I know everytime I stocked my vendor, I would poke around Luna to see if my stuff had the best prices :/ Guess you have to research first now.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you frequently lower prices on items that don't sell less than 24 hours after you first put them up on the vendor? That seems a little quick for a clearance sale.
Today I lowered the price on an item that has been my vendor for a week or more ... I, too was charged a vendor penalty on that change.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took a runebook off my vendor to use for marking runes for the event and it has been on there weeks and weeks and it says it has a 2 gps charge on it???

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

A

Ambrosia4u

I think the way it is supose to work is....if you take an item off the vendor you get charged a fee BUT if you are simple changing the price, you are supose to get that fee back as long as you put it back right away. This was intended to stop people who placing things on their vendor and then taking them off every day so as to aviod the fees at server-up. There is something about it in the patch notes. May want to check there and then make sure you didn't get a refund.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's only suppose to be if you remove it before 24 hours expires... The book I took off had been on there weeks and weeks.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

R

Radun

it probably has to do with the fact that the publish with this change JUST went in on the same day you adjusted prices... before the publish, the shard didn't track how long an item was on for, so as far as it could tell it was within "the first" 24 hours =/

A

AesSedai

it probably has to do with the fact that the publish with this change JUST went in on the same day you adjusted prices... before the publish, the shard didn't track how long an item was on for, so as far as it could tell it was within "the first" 24 hours =/
- aye; that's what I am thinking as well. I haven't been trying to sell any items on vendors lately, so I am just guessing... although I probably would have stopped re-pricing after the first 'surcharge' & pondered, a bit.

P

Pom Pom

I have a few runes only on a vendor, nothing else on it. They are priced at 12g each. (default price) I just looked at my daily cost and it is over 30K per day. How can this be? It wasn't like that yesterday. I have many other vendors with much higher priced items and the daily fees are significantly lower. Do I have a bugged vendor, and what can I do about it?