• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Transfer Question

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never done a character transfer, & I am a bit nervous about trying it for a shopping trip over to Atlantic & back. I have one token to go there & one token to come back home. When I am done transferring, there is a 24 hr wait to transfer again correct? Is there anything else i need to worry about that is not stated here: Character Transfer Token - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia and here: Character Transfer Token – Ultima Online. I really do not have any expendable characters to try this with if something goes wrong, which makes me a bit more nervous, lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Open your bankbox via a banker npc and get a menu to transfer gold or it stays on your homeshard.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is a 24 hr wait to return and as pawain said go to a banker click on him/her open bankbox then the first choice is deposit gold into character transfer account click and key in how much to want to take with you dont forget when coming back if you have gold left to bring back to your shard do this again or your gold will stay in Atlantic other than that pretty easy.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wouldnt waste transfer tokens for shopping trip, just ask someonr to help you with items/gold transfer

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some old items will be deleted during transfer.
old guild deeds, old house deeds something else?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Use a character that you are not worried about resetting macros on. You will also lose any special titles if given to you from an EM, or if Governor. As said above be sure to place gold in character transfer to and back, and travel there with minimum items in back pack and also in the bank. Using shield transfer tokens will require you to dismount so ride a enty mount if you need to be mounted for your shopping.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Make sure nothing you buy is Shard Bound... You won't be able to bring it back...

If you have any items that are blessed for you... ie have your name on it... sometimes they won't recognize you when you return...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have never done a character transfer, & I am a bit nervous about trying it for a shopping trip over to Atlantic & back. I have one token to go there & one token to come back home. When I am done transferring, there is a 24 hr wait to transfer again correct? Is there anything else i need to worry about that is not stated here: Character Transfer Token - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia and here: Character Transfer Token – Ultima Online. I really do not have any expendable characters to try this with if something goes wrong, which makes me a bit more nervous, lol.
Before you xfer, on home shard, make sure you put the return home token in your bank, making sure it is the correct one. Then make sure you put enough gold in the transfer account to make your purchase, else the trip is for nothing. Then do as the other posters have correctly posted. You will get one token from the shields per month, so you want to use it correctly.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
if uoguide can be edited gain these info should be captured in the uoguide page and have a reference link back to this post.......

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Never cancel anything after initiating the transfer, even if the system did not delete your token. It may cause your character being deleted from your current shard while it might never appear on your targeted shard.

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many things can go bad I am seeing from this post. Someone should list the hidden issues brought up here and pin this. My transfer to destination shard seemed to go well.

The unlinking of default settings on runebooks, UOAssist macro targets - all annoying, but fixable. One thing I cannot fix - the bandage self macro in UOAssist & the CC macro system simply does not work anymore. I deleted my hotkey and re-added it, but still does not work. Any ideas?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So many things can go bad I am seeing from this post. Someone should list the hidden issues brought up here and pin this. My transfer to destination shard seemed to go well.

The unlinking of default settings on runebooks, UOAssist macro targets - all annoying, but fixable. One thing I cannot fix - the bandage self macro in UOAssist & the CC macro system simply does not work anymore. I deleted my hotkey and re-added it, but still does not work. Any ideas?
Log out log back sometimes will fix it

Sharpside

Visitor
Hey sorry to be bumping up this old thread (which was extremely helpful).

In your opinion, when doing multiple trips to other servers is it better to use the transfer shields instead of the character transfer?

Samhain

Adventurer
Well, in my opinion, you have the savings factor, which is huge, if your account is able to use shard shields (or if you know someone enough to trust them with your gold and items to do that with). That is certainly the preferred method if you have the shields to use and are able. However, you can transfer more items through a character transfer token. So I guess if you are hopping to transfer a few things, or sell some items here and there...shard shields all the way. If you plan on moving a toon and a bunch of stuff to find a new shard home and set up shop, the token is a faster way (but more expensive!) way to go. If patient and have the shields, just make an extra trip or so with the shields. They each have their use really.

Sharpside

Visitor
Well, in my opinion, you have the savings factor, which is huge, if your account is able to use shard shields (or if you know someone enough to trust them with your gold and items to do that with). That is certainly the preferred method if you have the shields to use and are able. However, you can transfer more items through a character transfer token. So I guess if you are hopping to transfer a few things, or sell some items here and there...shard shields all the way. If you plan on moving a toon and a bunch of stuff to find a new shard home and set up shop, the token is a faster way (but more expensive!) way to go. If patient and have the shields, just make an extra trip or so with the shields. They each have their use really.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Sharpside

Visitor
Ok if you all dont mind I have another question. Finally going to get some transfer shields ( So excited!! haha) but I got a (noob) question... How do you get back to your original server? For example my main server is Atlantic. And I want to buy transfer shields for Europa and Arirang. Understood the process of getting the shield and it popping out a transfer scroll once a month etc. But how do you get back to your original server? Does it mean I would have to buy an atlantic shield as well?

Sorry again for this question lol. I just cant get my head around it.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok if you all dont mind I have another question. Finally going to get some transfer shields ( So excited!! haha) but I got a (noob) question... How do you get back to your original server? For example my main server is Atlantic. And I want to buy transfer shields for Europa and Arirang. Understood the process of getting the shield and it popping out a transfer scroll once a month etc. But how do you get back to your original server? Does it mean I would have to buy an atlantic shield as well?

Sorry again for this question lol. I just cant get my head around it.
Yes you will also need to get a shield for your home shard (in your case Atlantic) so you will be able to return. You also have to wait 24 hours in between transferring. I always forget that part and think I can come straight back! :wall:

Sharpside

Visitor
Yes you will also need to get a shield for your home shard (in your case Atlantic) so you will be able to return. You also have to wait 24 hours in between transferring. I always forget that part and think I can come straight back! :wall:
Woot! Thank you so much. Super helpful!

All the other info I required I found scattered around.

Sharpside

Visitor
I actually got 2 shard shields for my home shard. I found 1 wasnt enough when I was actively using them
good tip thank you!

Im now doing research on the servers I want to get a shield for. But as a european living in asia im for sure gonna get Europa and 1 of the asian busy servers. Than rest need to find out.

Sharpside

Visitor
A very important question! Would suck if you could not return. I have a toon on Atlantic that has return trips for each of my Accounts in his bank. Just in case I forgot.

Also someone can bring a token to you if you forget.
Thanks! Cant wait :D

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as you save up tokens, and you probably will, its a good idea to put together a little box of 1 each of your shards' transfer tokens together and send such a box to each shard with you when you make a trip. Dont forget to leave it there. :p Then you're all set to move from any 1 shard to any other at any time

Sharpside

Visitor
as you save up tokens, and you probably will, its a good idea to put together a little box of 1 each of your shards' transfer tokens together and send such a box to each shard with you when you make a trip. Dont forget to leave it there. :p Then you're all set to move from any 1 shard to any other at any time
great tip thanks!

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believed years ago that a shard shield produced only 10 tokens "total". Not wanting to waste tokens, I just left the 10 tokens in the shield, not knowing that ten was the maximum number of tokens it could hold, not the maximum it would ever produce. Now when a shield has 7-8 tokens in it, I empty it so don't forget to do so later. Like someone posted ahead, I send a care package whenever I do a transfer, loaded with tokens for my three accounts, just to have them on hand.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you know how many it has in it I have all shards and none say the amount they have in cc

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you know how many it has in it I have all shards and none say the amount they have in cc
When you Grab a token it will tell you the remaining amount.
It is a heavy task for a developer to Show thoose numbers on the shield.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm seems like it should show the number available

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a great idea to transfer to close to server down and up. I have characters get stuck in limbo and had to page a GM to complete the transfer. IE Server goes down before the transfer is complete and never appears on the shard that it is transferring to after server up.

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In the past I've had characters get stuck in the void between shards. I've written Mesanna and she always took care of it. Never lost anything but time. Naturally it's gotta be office hours or you gotta wait. Like Tyrath said you can page a GM but they usually tell me I'll have to wait. Now I have Shard Shields I transfer a lot more and haven't had a problem lately.