• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Transfer between accounts?

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm guessing they don't allow it... but some games do.

I haven't played UO in forever and I have several accounts, I'd like to transfer a character from account B to account A so that I can let account B lapse again and keep playing with all the chars I am interested in.

I see lots of codes to do all kinds of stuff including "Character Transfer" but those seem to be just between servers... is there such a thing as moving from one account to a second?

Thanks.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, not available.

( generally for all the same reasons that soulstones -which allow skills to be transfered between characters- are account-bound )

R

Richtor Darkbane

I'd like to transfer a character from account B to account A so that I can let account B lapse again and keep playing with all the chars I am interested in.
This is the exact reason why they won't ever do this, because it doesn't profit them in the long run to let you transfer characters for a one time fee and shut down an account that your paying a monthly fee on.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I figured this would be the case but just thought I'd ask. Some MMOs allow this and I didn't know if UO was doing it or not.

Thanks for the replies.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that the primary reason multiple accounts are kept open is to hold additional housing.

A strong secondary reason would be certain skills that are needed (such as Taming) and are hard to raise in short order on a primary account. So, second (and third..) accounts are purchased to get these skills up and running right away.

If skill gain were easier (or at least more uniform among the various abilities) then a character exchange solution would cost the company far less in revenues -- with an appropriate fee attached, it might even do the bottom line some good.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is somehow worse than EA selling premade "Advanced" characters?
(1) If EA gets the money, we all benefit in fraction going to added resources for development. If a scripter gets the money, we get nothing.

(2) Advanced character tokens are only 70-85 skill ... the hardest stretch is still ahead.

R

Richtor Darkbane

A strong secondary reason would be certain skills that are needed (such as Taming) and are hard to raise in short order on a primary account. So, second (and third..) accounts are purchased to get these skills up and running right away.
Don't forget purchasing an account for RL cash would be against the rules though.