• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character no longer attacks/converse

R

ravenjinn

Help. I'm not sure what has happened.

My character used to work just fine and would attack when you clicked on an opponent, or would talk when you had the conversation bubble. Now is almost never works.

So here's what I did. I'm new to playing so I finally made it to Tattooine (SP?) I activated my deed to the speeder. My crosshairs in the middle of the screen changed to a circle with a dot in the middle. I used the speeder a few times but started to notice that things weren't working anymore. So I stored my speeder but the crosshairs never came back. I still couldn't attack or defend when being attacked. I couldn't converse. Nothing. So blaming this on the speeder I destroyed it, but nothing has changed. So now I'm out a speeder and can't complete missions because I can attack.

What do I do?

I'm ready to just create a new character and never activate the speeder next time around.

HELP!!!!

B

BadgerSmaker

You've accidentally pressed the "Y" button on your keyboard which toggles on Auto-Aim.

Auto-Aim is the preferred targetting method for most SWG players, it allows you to double-click on targets to continuously attack rather than keep the crosshairs over a target.

The reason that you can't converse is that you already have a different target locked in via Auto-Aim, press Escape to clear your target and you will be able to converse with the NPC.