• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Name Generator

B

Bella

In GW2 we will be able to have up to 19 letters and spaces to use when naming our characters. From what I've read, we will even be able to give our characters two and three word names. However, spaces do count towards the letter limit so we need to be clever when creating a moniker.

For those that currently play GW1, as you are aware, you will be able to keep your GW1 character names via The Hall of Monuments and use them in GW2. If you do not currently play GW1, like me, then you will be among many who will need to think of name ideas or use a name generator. Personally I like to sort of do both: I think of a word that I feel will match up with the race or personality of the character I am creating and then, using the internet, I look that word up in different languages. For instance, I want to make a silvari as my first character. When I think of the silvari I think of the obvious: plants, innocence, young, trees ect. I then take those words and search the net to see what they look like in French, Spanish, Latin etc.

If you are not the creative type, you can always give a name generator a try. Not being that creative, I decided to do a web search for GW2 name generators and came up with the following. Hopefully they will be of some help to you as well.

I found this one interesting. You can look up male or female names in multiple languages, create random names and even look at anagram names.

Behind the Name: Meaning of Names, Baby Name Meanings

This one is specifically for GW2 and includes all five races with options to create just a first name, last name or both.

Guild Wars Namegenerator (beta) - PORFL.de - what the ..?!

Here is one that is pretty simple, you just click the button and it comes up with names.

Quick Name Generator | A Free Random Name Generator Tool

If none of the above appeal to you, simply do a name generator web search and you will come up with page after page of helpful sites!

Bella

B

Bella

You're very welcome. I'm already planning my characters - fanatic that I have become - and will use whatever I can, DO whatever it TAKES to make them... perfect!!! hehe

Bella

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Bella!

Great find and great work putting this up. :)