• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Look

M

MrShortBus

Is there any kind of 'look' that wont give away a thief? If you could post some pictures of what to look like and what not to look like, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Honestly I don't think "Look" matters to much unless you are stalking a group. Then you'd want to use a disguise kit and a few spare changes of clothes to give yourself a different look.

I mean if I can hand out visible at Yew Gate on some shards with the name of my guild (THIEF) visible for anyone to see and not get paid attention to, then it shouldn't be a big deal...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You guys used THEIF? Pfft. Our THIEF branch used inconspicuous smilies as tags, such as (^_^). :p

Oh I used (^ ^) all other variations were taken... but my Guild Title is displayed on my character...

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe a thief should stick to two general appearance schemes.
Good looking and impressive in their appearance - this is often distracting and people forget to worry about you because they're enamored by you.

Really really prepared - Geared out specifically to maximize your templates and your efficacy.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thieves should be smexy. [That's right, Kimi--I said "smexy"].

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
everyone knows real thieves dress up as jesters....

...and occasionally as pirates.

as for gear, what gear? clothing and some arcane boots is more than enough. what really matters is the hat, and how it's color matches your clothes. Without a proper hat/shirt color scheme you can never be 100% awesome.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you're running up to people and stopping, dressing in a death robe, etc, it shouldn't matter. This age in the game appearances don't really give away a thief anymore. Mostly because people don't think thieves play much since insurance was added.

But to really hide yourself, stealth around people :p

I am almost always hidden/stealthed. I use shadow jump to get next to people most of the time and use it to jump away from them. So they never see me to begin with.