• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

changing design

M

morgawr68

i have a tower, i want to change it to a customized plan. do i need to redeed and put everything in the bank before this. i dont want my items falling to the ground if i changer designs

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not 100% positive, but yes I THINK that everything falls to the ground, so your going to want to bank and redeed everything.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will fall to the ground when you go in to change the design of the house.
Definately put all your items in your bank or another secure location.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have a tower, i want to change it to a customized plan. do i need to redeed and put everything in the bank before this. i dont want my items falling to the ground if i changer designs
on the house sign go to customize you will see that you can convert your tower to a customized house, and your stuff goes in the moving crate doesnt fall to the ground.

T

Teeshy

on the house sign go to customize you will see that you can convert your tower to a customized house, and your stuff goes in the moving crate doesnt fall to the ground.
Are you 100% sure of that?

Because if you resize a custom house, all your stuff falls on the ground - I'm 100% sure of that - in fact there's a thread someone started about it, because he didn't realise that happened

I have no idea if going from old style to customisable is different though - I just know what happens if you resize a customisable house =)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Because if you resize a custom house, all your stuff falls on the ground - I'm 100% sure of that - in fact there's a thread someone started about it, because he didn't realise that happened

I have no idea if going from old style to customisable is different though - I just know what happens if you resize a customisable house =)
yes because before I posted I went on the test center placed a tower locked my reg bag on the roof, and any thing else I had in my bag. clicked on the house sign. clicked on customize, and clicked on convert to customizable house. once I did that the tower turned into a plot, and the stuff I locked down on the roof went into the moving crate.

Now if he is planning on putting a larger plot in the yes he needs to move his stuff out of the house, and use I wish to resize my house.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Resizing is different than changing to custom. I've also done this in the past when I had a tower and it all went to the moving crate.

N

Ni-

As someone else mentioned, converting to a customizable house should be different from resizing. I don't know for sure, but I believe that converting will place items into the crate because the house doesn't need to adjust the plot size. Houses that don't have full/complete square bases cannot be converted to customizable house plots ('L' shaped, castle, keep..)

Now, if the OPer wants to make a plot bigger than 16x18 (or 18x16, which ever a tower is), then they will have to resize, which would cause items to drop to the ground.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tower converts to 16x14 I believe. So max storage at that point, the only reason to resize is for a bigger plot, which is usually possible in tower spots since people have to be so careful with the wings there should be extra room at least to one side.

T

Teeshy

Ah groovy! Didn't know there was two different ways fo doign things =) Never had much to do with the towers, and pre-made styles of houses, always gone stright for customisable =) Is another handy piece of info to file away in the brain though!