• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes to Bards' Masteries implemented on Test Shard...

U

ultima77

Bard Changes

● Bard spell songs are no longer interrupted by spellcasting.

● Bards with either provocation or peacemaking mastery can have both their mastery spell songs active at the same time.

● Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep.

● Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.

● All bard songs receive a slight bonus to their effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM(Real Skill).

● Discordance spell songs are now affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)

● Despair Damage Tweaked: 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments

● Tribulation: Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments

● Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

● Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

These are all great, especially the unexpected +5-10% success bonus and reduction in timeout!

U

ultima77

FYI, based on a couple of tests, at 120 meditation and 120 focus with 40% LMC and 10 MR (18 after Resilience), it is possible to run both Peacemaking songs simultaneously and indefinitely. With 120 Provo and 120 Peacemaking, you can keep both songs up indefinitely easily without 120 focus.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the disco ones are the ones im mostlly interested in

how do they eat up mana now?

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
● Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.

● Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

Did you also catch the new 8 second timeout? For me, it's been about 12 seconds on success and about 6 seconds on a fail, so a 33% reduction in a timeout is going to be huge. Imagine how much faster training can go now.

I have avoided the mastery quests/abilities so far, but I may need to pick up the Disco ones, even if to ignore them but get the 5% success bonus!

U

ultima77

Did you also catch the new 8 second timeout? For me, it's been about 12 seconds on success and about 6 seconds on a fail, so a 33% reduction in a timeout is going to be huge. Imagine how much faster training can go now.

I have avoided the mastery quests/abilities so far, but I may need to pick up the Disco ones, even if to ignore them but get the 5% success bonus!
Read again - if you pick up the Disco mastery, then you will get a 5% bonus to Provo/Peace, a 10% bonus to disco, and a 7 second timeout with disco.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have discord mastery your timeout should be 6 for discord and 7 for peace/provo.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logrus,

Is it possible to increase the damage amount needed for spell song interruption for PvM to be higher than 30? (40-50?). Some peerless that retarget with big spells would interrupt the spell song quite often....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Logrus,

Is it possible to increase the damage amount needed for spell song interruption for PvM to be higher than 30? (40-50?). Some peerless that retarget with big spells would interrupt the spell song quite often....
damnit man, your a bard!

you should be running and hiding behind everyone else in the party!

with the reduction in the reload time for bard skill this might not be too much of a issue.
with all the benifits you get from the masterys it shouldnt be too much to ask that you have to re cast it from time to time.
specially on peerlesses that take a long time

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update:

Lowered the upkeep cost for the discord masteries.
Tribulation 11
Despair 13

You can also run both of these concurrently.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what the..... its like your in my dreams reading my thoughts....

D

Diggity

With Pub 67, the damage numbers reported by the EC show an impressive increase in tribulation damage. In particular, I'm seeing damages in the mid 200's based on other people casting WOD. Also tribulation damage due to dexxer damage seems to be quite a bit higher than I used to see. Could be because I was using a slayer to get the 150% damage. But even so, the numbers seemed better than before.

I may have missed it, but does tribulation also have a fixed duration now - same as despair? Despair definitely gives a "spellsong has ended" message after about 12 hits, but I haven't noticed that with the tribulation spellsong. Will it time out at about the same length? It definitely stops and does not go on even if I still have mana.

I'm liking these changes since they make the masteries something I can now see using.

The only non-buff in the list is that despair now compares against magic resist. Makes it less powerful and borderline useless against a high resist critter with no specific slayer.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tribulation and despair both have the same duration. (scales with skill)

If it's not giving you a message that is unintentional.

The magic resist is only factored in PvP currently, in future probably on some specific Mobs.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Read again - if you pick up the Disco mastery, then you will get a 5% bonus to Provo/Peace, a 10% bonus to disco, and a 7 second timeout with disco.
If you have discord mastery your timeout should be 6 for discord and 7 for peace/provo.
I was so excited about the changes that I failed to read two different bullet points correctly. Thank you to ultima77 and Logrus for setting me straight.

And a big thanks to Logrus and team for these changes. As mentioned before, I had avoided the whole mastery system. These changes alone have finally pulled me into them, as I completed the Discordance mastery, and now am enjoying the 10% bonus and 6(!) second timeout on Discordance usage. I may even be inclined to check out these specials! :thumbsup:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The magic resist is only factored in PvP currently, in future probably on some specific Mobs.
The effects have been ending for me in PvM without anything else breaking it.

Do specific slayer instruments (such as spider) do more than super slayers (such as arachnid) when using Despair/Tribulation?

D

Diggity

Tribulation and despair both have the same duration. (scales with skill)

If it's not giving you a message that is unintentional.

Thanks for the info.
I still haven't seen a msg for tribulation ending.

I'd forgotten that the despair damage is physical - just so happened that the critters I was attacking were either high phys & high resist or low phys/low resist. Depending on how much you factor resist in for PVM, this may or may not break usefulness of despair in PVM.

For example, I hit navrey for 30ish with a regular instrument despair and mid 60's with an arachnid superslayer - both cases Navery is legendary discoed. I suspect if I used a spider instrument, I'd be hitting in the 90's. This seems like a lot to me since I can do other things as well while this is going on - so I could see toning it down based on resist spells. It seems that pvp, legendary resist about halved the damage vs JOAT resist. That might be about right for something at Navrey's level.