Change to Points?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
R

RichDC

Ok, so we all know that factions points system atm is screwed because of people farming points in towns.

The problem i see it is that there are 8 towns to do this in, each town has a large radius so its almost impossible to try and prevent.

So, how about rather than make it double kill points in towns, it becomes double kill points inside the faction stronghold?

Maybe extend it to one or two screens from the entrance.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Britain Felucca West Crossroads
www.uoguide.com
Multiplication bonuses are a bad idea all around because once you get beyond the 10% lost, you never end up losing points. If there is any bonus at all it needs to be fixed, a +2 or +5. Then the system where you can make millions does not work.

I've started a topic on the U Hall to try and bring the issue of points to the attention of the developers:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=135857

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Good idea, even better would be to erradicate the double point system completely.
Yeaaaahhh.. Such a simple statement.. sooo true... thats why I love you Cad..

The double point system is ****.. 100%. Who ever thought of it should be taken out back and shot.. no rly.. I'm serious...

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 29, 2008
minocianresistance.webs.com
Remove thief points. Award extra silver, instead (if that... Id be happy with no rewards).

Remove Chaos v. Order and town bonuses.

Do a complete wipe of all the points, apologize to the players, get the rank system working properly...and then stop trying to **** with factions.

Fixing the stairs in SL base so ghosts could get out was the one decent change made. It was the only one we were asking for. :p

Edit: Double the cost on all faction arties (at least), halve the durability, and make them impossible to repair.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
This system exists to keep the inactive kids in trammel and scrubs from high end gear. CoM on atlantic requires 50ish points to wear rank 10 gear. This isn't exactly a simple thing to obtain for a part timer from trammel or a scrub. You won't be wearing faction artis in CoM unless you're in the field replenishing points. I do feel you should lose as many points a day as your rank is within the faction. Rank 10 lose 10 a day. Rank 9, 9 a day. rank 1, 1 a day. Point decay that makes sense imo.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Remove thief points. Award extra silver, instead (if that... Id be happy with no rewards).

Remove Chaos v. Order and town bonuses.

Do a complete wipe of all the points, apologize to the players, get the rank system working properly...and then stop trying to **** with factions.

Fixing the stairs in SL base so ghosts could get out was the one decent change made. It was the only one we were asking for. :p

Edit: Double the cost on all faction arties (at least), halve the durability, and make them impossible to repair.
The cost of the artifacts has to be WAY more than the artifact it is based off of. Rank 1 should be 10k silver 10k gold, rank 2 should be 20k silver 20k gold, rank 3 should be 30k silver 30k gold... etc, etc. The armor shouldn't be free bees.

With that being said. You should only be able to buy the consumables while you control the towns. This would force more guilds to participate in the raiding and defending.

I know some people are going to say, you shouldn't force people to do pvp. To that.. I can only say.. then don't ****ing play factions. No one is forcing you to do so..