• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Change back the bars!

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so now I've noticed that when I hit ctrl+shift to get the name of whatever I'm fighting, that the bars move around with the monster. They didn't used to do this. It's very hard to pull a bar on a fast moving monster or target a monster amongst your guildmates without changing the dynamic objects.

Can we put this back?

F

Fink

Very annoying, especially on things that change the height of the sprite (like something with flapping wings etc).

I have "nearest enemy" and "next enemy" bound to handy keys for picking things out of a crowd.. would like to drag the bars off though.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you can argue it makes the one mob you have your eye on stand out.
I have target next enemy and target last enemy on my scroll wheel using the non legacy targeting. I zoom in and out using page up and page down, home key for default zoom.
I have target nearest enemy on my tab key.
This works for me.

L

Lord Patapon

And, if I might add, I find quite disturbing after 10 years that passing my cursor on a monster's health bar doesn't highlight it on the field.

Not very important when there aren't many monsters around, but in a crowd (PvPing/Champ/Events, etc) it can get difficult.
(maybe it's just an old habit of mine)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was incredibly difficult to even get the bar of barracoon today when I was late to the champ and my party had already been turned to rats. Barracoon moves around as fast as a mosquito and it took me seemingly forever to be able to grab his bar as it jumped around on my screen.

This suxxors.:wall:

A

Ash

It was incredibly difficult to even get the bar of barracoon today when I was late to the champ and my party had already been turned to rats. Barracoon moves around as fast as a mosquito and it took me seemingly forever to be able to grab his bar as it jumped around on my screen.

This suxxors.:wall:
Now that we have some limited ability to toy with the Custom UI, this is something we can easily fix and if done right we can have it toggle to user preference.

I will toss it on the list of things to tinker with, but no promises as that list is growing at an alarming rate.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ash,

I was hoping that this is something they will just fix without us having to mod it. Neither SA or KR do this.