• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Certain individuals in general chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Do certain conversations in general chat make people not want to play our shard?

Do you think as a new player reading this conversation you would pay for another month?

I'm not talking about the general smack talk from PvP so much as some other conversations.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we have one person in particular on our shard that just annoys everyone, ive often said that person should be automatically put on ignore the millisecond they log in. unfortunately this person has nuermous accts and some people have there ignore list full because of it. maybe an ignore acct feature?
general chat can go either way, its been helpful and a hindrance.
as for pvp smack talk, its hilarious!!
even funnier when people accidentally type in there instead of guild or party chat.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I stay in the RP chat's myself, however I know how annoying it can be to hear some of the conversations. Do I think some of the conversations are causing others to leave or shard or running new players off? Possibly but I think the good outweighs the bad. I personally am glad that we have the chats so that we can interact in game with others.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's interesting to hear other people's opinions.

Mostly I enjoy general chat. It's entertaining, and very helpful (especially when someone needs a focus!)
But there are certain people who take it to some other (disgusting) level.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should also bring to light the certain person or group of people that like to use peoples real life names in general chat and make derrogatory named characters in resemblance of others and spam general chat with nonsense. These people really need to grow up.

It is sort of morbidly flattering to log in and see someone with one of these parody characters, thinking about me or a guildy so much that they have been on the carachter for over an hour before we are even in game.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should also bring to light the certain person or group of people that like to use peoples real life names in general chat and make derrogatory named characters in resemblance of others and spam general chat with nonsense. These people really need to grow up.

It is sort of morbidly flattering to log in and see someone with one of these parody characters, thinking about me or a guildy so much that they have been on the carachter for over an hour before we are even in game.

That's bannable, and you can page a GM for harrassment for that.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do certain conversations in general chat make people not want to play our shard?

Do you think as a new player reading this conversation you would pay for another month?

I'm not talking about the general smack talk from PvP so much as some other conversations.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
I think NEW characters joining our shard should automatically be placed into the HELP chat, not general. I do on occassion change my channel to the HELP chat to see what help I could bring someone.

And whatever happened to General-Trammel and General-Felucca?
Trammel chats used to be quiet, and most of the faction pvp'ers would be in the Felucca chat. Not that they should be acting like 5 year olds in EITHER of those chats, but still. I think folks need to make more efforts at paging GM's and complaining about derrogatory remarks, spams, etc. in the general chats. Get those accounts looked at, flagged, warned, and if their behavior continues, they will get banned.

RP Community chat was created one day when Thom (from PGoH) and I were in ICQ thinking we needed to have our own channel apart from general that targetted and focused on RP. She created the channel and I was the first one to join it a second later. The same idea could be applied to Faction PvP. Maybe you could make a new channel called "Faction PvP" and have all the folks you wish to communicate with join it. Only problem is, it is an unmoderated chat channel still and anyone can join it. That's been troublesome for us in the past because we feel that during RP events we should keep chatter to a minimum, but we can't enforce it.

Chats overall need to be re-structured. I would like to see the ability to be in multiple chats at any one time, so I could be in the HELP chat, the GENERAL, and the RP chat. I would like to see the ability to have private chat channels that ARE moderated by the creators and those they appoint, so I could create an CoD chat line and moderate its use, since we have players with characters in multiple guilds.

S

Sucio

I could do without the god awful banter between Veese and Elisa on a nightly basis. As for Crazy K, jesus enough with the caps, you blow at uo and life.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to CIA! and NmE Veeses and Elisa took dirt naps last night, in town.

(consequently so did we)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gotta love how they stand right next to each other in Luna and still use General chat to communicate. Great pic Podolak!

hi dude

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think their conversations are wonderfully inspiring and read them to my children before bed.

V

Veese Catskills

Hi friends! I don't really look on stratics because someone in particular is ALWAYS here.. And wherever she is, I feel a bannable feeling coming on, OR vomit. But I love all of you and even when I'm out on the beach, reaching for my suntan lotion.. even when I am not thinking of UO, I know you are all there to think of me and my wife. :heart::heart:

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had forgotten who Veese was!

One day, MONTHS AGO, Veese was saying whatever idiot BS he was saying in Gen Chat and just put him on ignore... since then, I'm sure many others have as well.

The attention starved people, like Crazy K, Veese, Elisa and others use Gen Chat just to feed their need because of their pitiful ingame and real lives.

Just ignore them. End of discussion here, and end of THEIR discussions in-game in gen chat. :)

Enjoy your new, BS-less gen chat :)

hi dude

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi friends! I don't really look on stratics because someone in particular is ALWAYS here.. And wherever she is, I feel a bannable feeling coming on, OR vomit. But I love all of you and even when I'm out on the beach, reaching for my suntan lotion.. even when I am not thinking of UO, I know you are all there to think of me and my wife. :heart::heart:
Please grace the Catskills shard with more of your delightful stories! My children's vocabulary has really been broadened thanks to your wife and you, and I feel they will really excel in school. Despite the hate regarding your shenanigans & conversations, beachin Barbara still loves reading them, and so does the rest of Catskills. We really appreciate fine citizens like you two.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before this turns into another episode of "All my Catskillians"...

Status
Not open for further replies.