• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Centered: Everything, text, titles and all are centered.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Google didn't help

Stratics help forum was no help.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think if you try in the "More Options" tab that might help you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What browser are you using? Is it something in that?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please be more specific and inform us what is centered.

Your browser? Your computer? Just the website?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the main page all the thread titles are centered instead of on the left. This started a month ago on my laptop at work.

When reading posts everything is centered too. Thread titles even the body of the text.

When I Google I found others with the same problem but didn't find a solution.

My laptop has IE9.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Holy crap y'all. I think I might be the guy who centers all of his posts. It's pretty great.

You think you're reading just another whiny post?

No, you're reading the opening crawl of Star Wars!

Everything you say seems more important when it's centered.​

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still haven't resoleved this.

I've checked a dozen other forums UO and non-UO related and all of them are fine.

It appears to only be Stratics and only on my work laptop. My desktops are all fine.

It's actually very annoying.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've changed templates. Still centered.

I've deleted cookies and all temp internet files. No change.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I never use IE think it's garbage. I like Firefox, with adblock and noScript. And some like Google Chrome. Maybe you might give one of those a try.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Firefox on all my own computers but this is a laptop at work so IE is the only option.

It started this a while ago. A month or more but since I don't frequently read the forum at work I didn't worry about it. I decided to fix it yesterday and have just had no luck. I consider myself moderately technical when it comes to computers. I've built all my own computers since I was a teenager and always fix my own problems. I'm the one freinds and family call for help. I've been busy the last two days though so I have only spent a short time searching. My initial Google search was a bust. I'll have to dedicate some more time to it this weekend.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
like you i have to use IE on my work laptop but use alternate browsers on my personal machine. did you check your 'view' settings?

View --> Encoding --> Left to Right

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Confirmed it happens in IE9. Microsoft ended support for IE9 on 12 January 2016. Your company should upgrade to a supported browser for security reasons. Sucks in the meantime! :<