• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CD/MAO Christmas Treasure Hunt - Sunday 14th December

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To celebrate the re-opening of the CD Mall (yes :party: we're back in our old shop again) we're organising a Christmas Treasure Hunt on Sunday 14th December at 16h00 GMT (that's 4 p.m. UK time - but arrive a little early to make sure you don't miss the start). Everyone on Europa is welcome ...... and everyone who takes part stands an equal chance to win one of the great prizes. There are 8 clues to solve to reach 8 different destinations and we'll hand out the first clue at the CD Mall on the Umbra Road in Malas at 16h00 GMT.

Here are the prizes :

1st PRIZE : 1,000,000 gp + Full Virtue Armour Set (8 pieces)

2nd PRIZE : 500,000 gp + Lady Melisande Hair Dye + Conjurer’s Grimoire

3rd PRIZE : 250,000 gp + 10th Anniversary Sculpture (Luck Sculpture) + A Heritage Token

4th PRIZE : 100,000 gp + Rubble Tree + Spellbook (+2 MR, 24% SDI, 8% LRC)

At the end of the Treasure Hunt, hand in all your clue books and items you've collected along the way, and you'll be entered into a Lucky Draw.

LUCKY DRAW PRIZE : Soulstone Fragment Token + Sword Display + Spellbook (10% DCI, 28% SDI, +2 FCR, 4% LMC) + Vampire Bat + 2 Heritage Tokens + Bag of Mixed Weps/Sheilds & Undead Slayer Spellbook + Full Set of Clothes of Melissa The Mage + Talons Bite + 2 Scrolls of Alacrity + Burglar’s Bandanna + Helm of Swiftness + Miscellaneous Items

Additionally, there's a special task you have to perform as part of the Treasure Hunt. Here's the prize for the winner of that Mystery Task :

MYSTERY TASK PRIZE : Hanging Studded Tunic + Hanging Studded Leggings + 2 Heritage Tokens + Spellbook (with +3 MR, 23% SDI, 7% LRC) + 9th Anniversary Coin + Vorpal Blade (Artifact Rarity 12 Repond Slayer) + Quiver of Infinity + Talons Bite + Sentinel’s Guard Shield + 2 Scrolls of Alacrity + Miscellaneous Items

Over the next few days we'll be dropping books with the rules and more details at moongates, banks and dungeon entrances. If you've got any questions then give me a shout on icq (441 733 090) or PM me here. Last year's Treasure Hunt was a great success and we're hoping lots of people turn up to make this year's Hunt just as much fun.

:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bah, I will be at work during this... :sad4:

But I hope everyone present will have a great time. Seems like a cool event. Good luck everyone!

B

Blingy

Sounds like fun :) To bad I will be at work also.

Btw where can I find CD mall ? Havent played here so long.

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like fun :) To bad I will be at work also.

Btw where can I find CD mall ? Havent played here so long.
The CD Mall is on the Umbra Road. Catch the moongate to Umbra in Malas and leave the city by the western exit. This is the Umbra Road, a busy shopping area. CD Mall is 4 or 5 houses up from the city exit - on the right hand side of the road.

Happy Shopping !

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Awww, too many ppl working on Sundays! :( Well, hope you'll be earning 200% then? ;)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday is probaly the day the least people work, Sundays and Saturdays.....

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mapper (UO Europa News Manager) will be our reporter on the spot tomorrow when our Treasure Hunt kicks off at 16h00 GMT. The event is also being covered live by DJ Slide of Whispering Rose Radio so tune in if you can : http://www.whisperingroseradio.com/

Looking forward to seeing loads of you there tomorrow.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Will there be a report from Mapper about this?

If so, then looking forward to it!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes indeed there will be! Ill have it posted tomorrow evening :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the great fun!

I'm proudly wearing my new greenish-purple hair from the 2nd place prize :D

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the great fun!

:lol: There's no accounting for tastes Sir_Bolo. Seriously though, I'm so pleased you're happy with your prize and had a good time. All the CD & MAO guildies had lots of fun organising and running it as well.

I've asked Mapper to make the draw for the Lucky Draw Prize and once I have the book number I'll post the complete list of winners.

Can't wait to see Mapper's report.

(edit : Mapper's awesome report has all the details of the prizewinners, along with screenies : http://uo.stratics.com/news/Europa.shtml

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You know this also BEGS for a screeny Sir Bolo? :D :D

Congrats with the 2nd place and congrats to all other winners and also everyone else who completed the quest. :thumbsup:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hihihi, thanks Sir Bolo! But this is what a trusted source gave me! :hahaha:

Those eeevil paparazi huh? Never safe from 'em!

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hihihi, thanks Sir Bolo! But this is what a trusted source gave me! :hahaha:

Those eeevil paparazi huh? Never safe from 'em!
Must have been one of those paparazzi that are ALWAYS camping outside my house. *Sigh* ........ the price of fame rolleyes:

Not sure if I'm colour blind ..... but that hair colour looks more pinkish silver to me. Looks very distinguished I think.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if I'm colour blind ..... but that hair colour looks more pinkish silver to me. Looks very distinguished I think.
Aye... after all it suits a 10-year veteran like me...

On the other hand I lost my other prize. My mouse slipped on the Conjurer's Grimoire while donating spellbooks at the library :sad2:

Luckily I had a spare one.
Unluckily the reward from your great treasure hunt is now gone forever :sad2: