• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CATSKILLS!!!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vallend you like and want are hugz dont try to lie to us :p
Yes I do SinDee.. I love them too much. That is why I always end up in trouble when I start hugging. Well its the stuff that happen after the hugs that get me in trouble....

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only asked about free **** because I know it's FTP but that only means no sub fee doesn't mean you wont have to pay for the privilege to do anything which can be more expensive than any sub service and Aedon you know I'll come for you and turn you into wolf steak haha.

eh I'd play a human but I'm not above side switching everyone deserves to die, especially elves pointy eared bastards.
With Lotro FTP you do not get access to a lot of content, and in the moors the only creep you can play is a reaver. (high damage crazy arsed orc) All other content is pay as you go with Turbine points. (Little farmville type cash that you either earn through questing, or pay through the nose for.)

My acct is lifetime, so I just squim along and do my thing. (Yes, I am sure Squim is a real word, on some planet.)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( Everyone was paying attention to me until Scarst came along...
I can leave again for another 6 months if you want it not that big of a deal, although I doubt I'm the one stealing attention remember I'm hated, or at least I think that's my current status it's been awhile, haha.

That said if I ever came back to UO it'd have to be in a purely PvP capacity because bloody hands are best hands.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Somehow Vallend got away with calling me a strange woman and didn't get an infraction.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems Like tapatalk isnt working to well for Black Sun or he be infracting everyone :p

* uses jedi mind power trick on catskills forums*

* feel the force*

*focus on Flutter*

Ok that should work......

*where is Giggles*

Welp! I screwed up. Was never to good at that stuff anyway.

Glad to see Aedon again and poking around. Hope all is well for you in real life and gaming :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Surely we are not discussing Mod actions/inactions here?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somehow Vallend got away with calling me a strange woman and didn't get an infraction.
*Looks inocent and whistles while saying in his best Mel Brooks voice.* "It's good to be the Vallend!!"

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Looks inocent and whistles while saying in his best Mel Brooks voice.* "It's good to be the Vallend!!"
LOL.

But on a side note We need to get the RP guikds back togeather I miss Yew not being full of knights and wenches!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Wenches? Real wenches? Not just some lonely dude that thinks it is funny to be a wench?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just so ye know... I have a soft spot in me head... I mean heart... for Flutter. I will play here on these forums on occasion. Yer local mods Black Sun and Podolak have ultimate authority here.

I started here on Cats so many years ago... Flutter ressed me once. I can never live that down. *winks*

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems Like tapatalk isnt working to well for Black Sun or he be infracting everyone :p

* feel the force*

*focus on Flutter*

Ok that should work......

*where is Giggles*

Welp! I screwed up. Was never to good at that stuff anyway.

Glad to see Aedon again and poking around. Hope all is well for you in real life and gaming :)

Things going a lot better in RL, and I have pre ordered GW2. I still love Lotro but the PVP could be a lot better.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so ye know... I have a soft spot in me head... I mean heart... for Flutter. I will play here on these forums on occasion. Yer local mods Black Sun and Podolak have ultimate authority here.

I started here on Cats so many years ago... Flutter ressed me once. I can never live that down. *winks*
Flutter has done something nice for many of us at one time. And besides, she is Lady Flutter!!! Don't get much better then that.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Flutter has done something nice for many of us at one time. And besides, she is Lady Flutter!!! Don't get much better then that.
Lies. Lies.
It's all lies.
I'm EBIL DAMMIT!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought about getting GW2 but I wouldn't know where to preorder it but I'd rather get it on steam so I wouldn't have to worry about a box, even if steam is a pain in the butt it's so convenient even though I can only play Sid Meyers pirates on the laptop. =/

And we all know Flutter has a mind control ray that enslaves anyone that looks at her avatar. I'm just immune because I gave her a soul in a jar, that's how you work it. By the way Vallend I had to borrow your soul sorry I lost it.

I just wonder which MMO I should get into considering my bit of free time if you have suggestions shoot them at me. (shameless derail) Although it seems that the threads main topic is people who used to play or still play Cats. Though UO lost appeal to me over 12 years you know, lost things to do. If I ever get a reasonable urge I'd come back but for now I happy semi-trolling forums.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wonder which MMO I should get into considering my bit of free time if you have suggestions shoot them at me. (shameless derail) Although it seems that the threads main topic is people who used to play or still play Cats. Though UO lost appeal to me over 12 years you know, lost things to do. If I ever get a reasonable urge I'd come back but for now I happy semi-trolling forums.
I am one of those guilty people that wandered off to other games. You can find me playing Star Trek Online and World of Tanks right now, but I am holding out for Mechwarrior Online that will come out this summer. (I am very active in the Battletech Universe, mostly the boardgame though.) I still have my UO account and log in from time to time. Problem is most all the people I played with over the years are gone now. So it is sort of like going back to your old high school and realizing that what made it so great was the people you shared it with.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am one of those guilty people that wandered off to other games. You can find me playing Star Trek Online and World of Tanks right now, but I am holding out for Mechwarrior Online that will come out this summer. (I am very active in the Battletech Universe, mostly the boardgame though.) I still have my UO account and log in from time to time. Problem is most all the people I played with over the years are gone now. So it is sort of like going back to your old high school and realizing that what made it so great was the people you shared it with.
Lol, nothing made my High school great, after I graduated I realized most of the people I graduated with were jerks. Steam has some free MMO's you can screw around with but nothing worth playing more than a few hours haha, so basically I'm wondering if I'll ever find a decent MMO again.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good to see some older names are still around.

P.S. we really do have the best shard!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought about getting GW2 but I wouldn't know where to preorder it but I'd rather get it on steam so I wouldn't have to worry about a box, even if steam is a pain in the butt it's so convenient even though I can only play Sid Meyers pirates on the laptop.
Actually Amazon, Gamespot, and a couple of others have it for pre-order. Not sure if steam will have it but you can d/l the GW version stratight off the GW site so I would assume they may do the same thing later after release for GW2.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things going a lot better in RL, and I have pre ordered GW2. I still love Lotro but the PVP could be a lot better.
Good to hear. Maybe I will see you in the game when released. I am starting out as human guardian.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You need to practice your Jedi mind tricks. Instead of bending my mind to your will it made me sleepy and I went to bed early.

Unless that was your intent, in that case, nice work!

He did not. I gave him a 125 infraction for stating the obvious, which under normal circumstances would result in a perma ban, but about an hour afterward I felt guilty and reversed it.

It's as if something compelled me to do it...
Maybe Zos's mind trick did work...

And in closing, this is the 1 and only time I will ever use this smiley: :mylittlepony:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL this thread has win all over it.

I'm still laughing. Best thread in a long time that has made me laugh this much :p

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should see her riding it into battle while wielding her inflatable care-bear mace.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forget other MMOs

UO with some DIABLO III :thumbsup:
Well Diablo 3 isn't out yet and UO isn't appealing to me because of what it's turned into, A game that to do anything PvP related involves you to get some sort of uber armor, there is no levels of pvp in UO you either have the crap needed or you don't and no amount of skill can gap the void between the magic item system and skill, and don't even bring up imbuing because that made everything worse sure armor got cheap but only if you had the hours to farm and raise skill.

There is absolutely no way anymore to jump into UO alone and play anyway you want, it's not the same game I started playing 12 years ago and that's why I can say that statement of yours is Void. Yet I still enjoyed the time I played UO the development headed in a way that completely turned it into an unappealing mess for people like me, they went from planning to implement incredibly innovative ideas to just churning out land expansions instead of using what they had only now have they decided to try to change something up in there original playground but now they've lost the attention of the player base I feel made it the most fun to me the people who I remember. Coming to Catskills was fun for awhile but there really was no link to anyone.

Well this is the obligatory mood killer and I wont be posting anything like this again in this thread anyway just felt I should explain my feelings on UO and why I talk about other MMOs.

Also Black Sun gets one Brony point and Vallend gets 700 of them, may god have mercy on your souls or in Vallend's case the holder of his soul Flutter.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Diablo 3 isn't out yet and UO isn't appealing to me because of what it's turned into, A game that to do anything PvP related involves you to get some sort of uber armor, there is no levels of pvp in UO you either have the crap needed or you don't and no amount of skill can gap the void between the magic item system and skill, and don't even bring up imbuing because that made everything worse sure armor got cheap but only if you had the hours to farm and raise skill.

There is absolutely no way anymore to jump into UO alone and play anyway you want, it's not the same game I started playing 12 years ago and that's why I can say that statement of yours is Void. Yet I still enjoyed the time I played UO the development headed in a way that completely turned it into an unappealing mess for people like me, they went from planning to implement incredibly innovative ideas to just churning out land expansions instead of using what they had only now have they decided to try to change something up in there original playground but now they've lost the attention of the player base I feel made it the most fun to me the people who I remember. Coming to Catskills was fun for awhile but there really was no link to anyone.

Well this is the obligatory mood killer and I wont be posting anything like this again in this thread anyway just felt I should explain my feelings on UO and why I talk about other MMOs.

Also Black Sun gets one Brony point and Vallend gets 700 of them, may god have mercy on your souls or in Vallend's case the holder of his soul Flutter.
Not too hard to farm stuff now, but yeah you can't just slap on GM armor like back in the days.

Would be nice if the new Arena system has a special fighting format where people auto equip pre-made armor set to fight in the Arena and they disappear when you exit then it would kind of feel like the old days.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not too hard to farm stuff now, but yeah you can't just slap on GM armor like back in the days.

Would be nice if the new Arena system has a special fighting format where people auto equip pre-made armor set to fight in the Arena and they disappear when you exit then it would kind of feel like the old days.
This is a good idea. I used to love to hold tournaments where folks were only allowed to wear GM armor I supplied them. No arties, no imbued items nothing special other then their skill with their character.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a good idea. I used to love to hold tournaments where folks were only allowed to wear GM armor I supplied them. No arties, no imbued items nothing special other then their skill with their character.
^^Aedon Do this agin......like right now!^^

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the next two Sunday's off. The 12th and the 19th. I can be available either of those days.