• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Spawning Network

C

CatLord

Catskills Spawning Network
[Under discussion]

this is the idea behind the Network...

Soon we will be enough to do two, three or more spawns... at the same time. (do remember to train your protectors, stealing is a good option... and steal from the champs...)

So the plan is an interactive Network... if anyone is attacked, we move our forces there... destroy the raiders and help the original spawners to finish it...

So we have several, moving, defensive forces ready to defend any of our spawning crews...

The goal behind this is the massive undertaking of felucca spawning... soon followed by many oaks and harrowers.

My questions: (we have the answer now)
- How do we achieve this? Quietly, zerging, force of arms...
- How do we communicate? Public Ventrillo...

Please post your input...

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to admit this but lol not bad idea Petey :) Just if you can make it work!! It will be fun trying to stop this :p

C

CatLord

Aye... we can already defend at one location.

Making it so our defenders are forced to run around... should be fun and plenty of action...

It will promote raiding, defending, spawning... this way it wont be a full zerg... it will be many small spawns harder to defend but a bigger challenge...

it is an old idea... just took us a few months to get it rolling...

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=163406

N

Nastia Cross

So let me see if I get this straight... if I pop a spawn on my blue FACTION character you will zerg me and steal my spawn, but if I pop a spawn on my blue non-faction character you will allow me to spawn in peace?

Also, if you're looking to destroy the scroll market (aka keep all the scrolls for yourselves), how are players not in your alliance supposed to get them?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So let me see if I get this straight... if I pop a spawn on my blue FACTION character you will zerg me and steal my spawn, but if I pop a spawn on my blue non-faction character you will allow me to spawn in peace?

Also, if you're looking to destroy the scroll market (aka keep all the scrolls for yourselves), how are players not in your alliance supposed to get them?
No, they are raiding anyone not part of the alliance circle. At least they did the other night. Even killed an alliance member that happened to be on an alt character.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I detect a lot of pure fear of Pitr's plan. Fear is good, it controls the sheep.

Remember the codex Pitr...if they aren't green/ allied/ guilded reds..kill them all without mercy. You can ask forgiveness later, if needed.

Nice work :thumbup:

:stir:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, they are raiding anyone not part of the alliance circle. At least they did the other night. Even killed an alliance member that happened to be on an alt character.
Untrue. Talked to the blue individual, and his story is far different than yours.

What else is new...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Untrue. Talked to the blue individual, and his story is far different than yours.

What else is new...
It's fine Zuckuss. We both know what the truth is. No one really thought you guys wouldn't try to save face.
Just further proof that even if you do as Oriana asks and bring things "to her attention" nothing is done about it.

C

CatLord

There are players outside our alliance? :stir:

Now... joking aside...

If you are blue spawning and you are raided please let us know.

TB has the DUTY to defend you... I'll try to be on the public ventrillo alot... and pass the message to our Defenders.

I wish the Royal Guard was active... (but it seems to be late on Catskills)

C

CatLord

I detect a lot of pure fear of Pitr's plan. Fear is good, it controls the sheep.

Remember the codex Pitr...if they aren't green/ allied/ guilded reds..kill them all without mercy. You can ask forgiveness later, if needed.

Nice work :thumbup:

:stir:

Thank you.

Procedure:
- scout all spawns
- help and defend all blues
- kill all opposing factions members that broke our cheek policy (posted along the months)
- spawn until bored

http://www.uoforums.com/dreads-rest-inn-tb/63771-spawn-rules.html?

the above are our alliance spawning rules... plus some discussion.

if anyone needs 110s please let us know... friend, neutral or foe we'll be happy to help.
if you need crafting ps... we'll supply 120s to be eaten on the spot... (or post your picture, character uo.com info/link and call you scammer, if you dont)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Now... joking aside...

TB has the DUTY to defend you... I'll try to be on the public ventrillo alot... and pass the message to our Defenders.

I tried to bring it to "your" attention. I don't even know the guy, just felt sorry for him. I've been told I am lying about it. Really not sure what the point of sending someone a private message is if I was going to l lie about it. Was supposed to just be between Oriana and I (hence the whole private part) but she posted on your public boards instead. I had nothing to gain by making up a story (in a private message no less...) about some random blues at a spawn but whatever.

N

Nastia Cross

Now... joking aside...

You didn't answer my original question. If I am on a blue FACTION character and pop my own spawn, will you raid me? If I am on a blue NONFACTION character and pop my own spawn, will you raid me? How are people that don't spawn and are not part of your Alliance supposed to obtain scrolls if you are going to destroy the market?

C

CatLord

You didn't answer my original question. If I am on a blue FACTION character and pop my own spawn, will you raid me?
I wont raid if you are a stranger.
I will raid you if you raided us twice. (yes we have list and pictures of the raids)

If I am on a blue NONFACTION character and pop my own spawn, will you raid me?
We will ask to join and help.
Protect if you dont have a protector.
Leave you alone if you want to be alone.
Defend you if you come to ventrillo and aks for it.
And most important, we'll act on those in our Circle that will fail to do this... please take picture and get their names.
Sometimes, innocent will get killed by eager pvpers, it is an ongoing battle to change TB into defenders... all help is welcomed, all suggestions are great.

How are people that don't spawn and are not part of your Alliance supposed to obtain scrolls if you are going to destroy the market?
Destroy the market means the prices will plummet... then even those that cant spawn will be able to get that elusive piece of paper that will allow them to train their skills to the next level.
It will harm the merchant raiding pvpers... it wont harm us.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How come you are only giving away the 110s from spawns and I am known for my free 120s then?

C

CatLord

weee, I'm out of the ignore list again...

To reply to your question...

You do a great job ruining the market yourself... free 115s and 120s.

I wish everyone was like you.

And thank you for being such a great ingame foe...

(hey it is hugging season!)

C

CatLord

It would be bad to have two of me... I would not wish it to anyone.

S

Sir Achilles

If you're giving away free 115's and 120's, I sure could use a 115 or 120 magery and a 120 eval on catskills. I'm just sayin...... :drool:

C

CatLord

* Directs the mage to Lady Flutter *

To get a 115 or 120 magery with me... you will have to earn it.

Threat versus Reward!
No hand outs to the carebears!
In a Blood Red Felucca!

S

Sir Achilles

Threat versus Reward!
In a Blood Red Felucca!
Yes my post was directed towards Lady Flutter :heart:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Threat versus Reward!
In a Blood Red Felucca!
Yes my post was directed towards Lady Flutter :heart:
I might have a 115 magery. I am out of 120 mages and evals tho (I do make sure those in my guild are scrolled up first)
Holla at me if you really need it. 95129146

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why all the hate. Flutter cares about the community as much as the rest of you do. If she didnt then she wouldnt be posting. To each his own on their personal view and open discussion is a good thing.

Anybody ever think maybe PS is end game of the past? Is it time for UO to move another step forward for a meaningful end game fel experience? We been fighting over PS for years now and its old really. We need a new economy and new market. We need a purpose in fel, not spawns and PS. I mean any pvper should agree we do need something new. We depend on pvmers as much as they depend on us. Both sides deny it but its a fact.

If they want to do an expansion to fel and give us land mass to fight over and have to defend for bonuses. Im not talking factions!!! Something different.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
C

CatLord

We need a purpose in fel, not spawns and PS. I mean any pvper should agree we do need something new. We depend on pvmers as much as they depend on us. Both sides deny it but its a fact.
Great post...

I believe factions will grant town ownership and bonus... (they learnt from WAR)

I believe we'll have a clash between Dawn and Minax...

I also believe on conflict... and how it brings the shard alive... with both sides using all their wits and tools to gain the upperhand... (with the exception of how LEET was brought down... but we'll discuss this later this year)

Thanks Flutter for the challenge and the fun.

It seems we both moved up from pancakes to congruent arguing... now to improve the shard population and have fun everywhere...

C

Corvak

they should make a reason to hold towns beyond just placing vendors.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
they should make a reason to hold towns beyond just placing vendors.
There is from a roleplay perspective.
Sadly now that town guards are back on pvp in the cities has pretty much gone back to crap.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok group hug all :)

I :heart: cats :)

Just want some good pvp and fun :)

Sup Black Sun, don't be taking down this thread. I like my posts counts :p K thnx

C

CatLord

Yesterday we saw the Network really busy...

The raiders must be in Sa collecting the new artefacts...

Congratulations to the three teams that went spawning simultaneously... I hope you got some good scrolls... on our side we got a 120 archery and spellweaving... and no running around was required because there were no pkers...

It is prolly wise to do some spawns during the next days while our red friends are busy in SA.

Cya later.

(mr red if you are reading this please come raid so we can have more fun...)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yesterday we saw the Network really busy...

The raiders must be in Sa collecting the new artefacts...

Congratulations to the three teams that went spawning simultaneously... I hope you got some good scrolls... on our side we got a 120 archery and spellweaving... and no running around was required because there were no pkers...

It is prolly wise to do some spawns during the next days while our red friends are busy in SA.

Cya later.

(mr red if you are reading this please come raid so we can have more fun...)

Awww bummer :( I was hanging out in the public vent for a few hours and didn't see anyone except a AFK Podolak. I missed the fun again :sad4: .

C

CatLord

I went to bed early... 1 am my time... 8 pm est...

Cya tomorrow

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Awww bummer :( I was hanging out in the public vent for a few hours and didn't see anyone except a AFK Podolak. I missed the fun again :sad4: .
They don't like you! You sat in the "fake" vent. HAHAHAHA

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw gigs there but I was too tired to talk! I opted to farm boura pelts instead of spawn last night...stayed up to 3 AM with the wife Saturday night (get your head out of the gutter) so I was in no condition to pvp! Ack, I am never in a condition to PVP so I guess it wouldn't have mattered. Curses. I think though gigs the spawns (at least the ones I knew about) all went on before you jumped in. Of course there could have been non-public ones going on, I have no clue.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Giggles has learned Flutter's evil cookie recipe (I knew she was a spy!)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, Giggles has learned Flutter's evil cookie recipe (I knew she was a spy!)
*GASP!* You were not suppose to expose my secret!!! I spy on empty ventrilo's to see if I can hear people whispering!

Now to find a new spy tactic... thanks a lot Podolak... :fight:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tell you what gigs, you make me a nice batch of Flutter's ebil cookies and we'll discuss a new spy tactic you could try.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Al,

Closets are kind of stuffy and cramped. Why don't you hide behind the couch instead? The added bonus being my three year old probably dropped some gummy bears down there so you might get a good snack out of it too.

Now if you want to take pictures of me, I am always available for a photo shoot. I prefer pictures holding my son though as otherwise they aren't worth keeping!

C

Corvak

I tell you what gigs, you make me a nice batch of Flutter's ebil cookies and we'll discuss a new spy tactic you could try.
They had evil in them?? That explains the indigestion...and the tortured screams of the damned I keep hearing.

C

CatLord

Request:
Please dont make vent log in similar to mr longdink, mr shagallwell... you wont last long in there...
Yup we're discriminating those special, highly virtuous, artists...

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Al,

Closets are kind of stuffy and cramped. Why don't you hide behind the couch instead? The added bonus being my three year old probably dropped some gummy bears down there so you might get a good snack out of it too.

Now if you want to take pictures of me, I am always available for a photo shoot. I prefer pictures holding my son though as otherwise they aren't worth keeping!
Oooooh!!! Gummy Bears?!? Count me in!! *now has the annoying gummy bear song in his head*

thanks a lot podolak!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And just so everyone else has to suffer:

Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear
Yes, I'm a Gummy Bear!
Oh, I'm a Yummy, Chummy, Funny, Lucky Gummy Bear.
I'm a Jolly bear, Cuz I'm a Gummy bear,
Oh I'm a movin', groovin', Jammin', Singin' Gummy Bear

Oh Yeah!

(Gummy Gummy Gummy Gummy Gummy bear) [Pop! ]

Bing ding ba doli party
Zing bing ba doli party
Breding ba doli party party pop [Pop! ]

Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear
Yes, I'm a Gummy Bear!

Oh Yeah!

Beba bi Duba duba yum yum
Beba bi Duba duba yum yum yum
Three times you can bite me

Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear
Yes, I'm a Gummy Bear!

Oh Yeah!

Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear
Yes, I'm a Gummy Bear!

Oh Yeah!

Haha Duba duba yum yum
Haha Duba duba yum yum
Haha Duba duba yum yum

C

Corvak

I dunno, but if you buy low on quiet shards, eventually it becomes cost effective for an alt fiend such as myself to import scrolls in bulk from far away, even including the cost of the transfer token.

Especially since I am likely to be killed on sight and am 'guilty by association' based on the guilds and friends I have chosen here on catskills.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm....I am liking this idea Oriana. That could be our logo.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmm..... i do believe i have a mitt full of TB toons here on cat's