• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Player Run Events - Post em here!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Since the calendar is kind of a pain in the butt for most, and people need a good way to find event information, I figured we need a sticky thread to post things like Pirate's Black Market, Zoo Hunt Nites, Spawns, etc. Basically any player run event currently going on.

However, I am going to put a few rules here. Ok, well, one rule really.

This thread is NOT for a discussion of the event. Good, bad, indifferent, you guys have a whole forum for that. Any discussions will be removed. Repeat offenders are subject to the wrath of Momma Anne. :scholar:

Please be sure to post complete details about your event, when, where, what, etc.

Remember, try to keep it simple for this thread. I'll try to clean it up from time to time if it gets too long.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know Pitr I wouldn't even mind if the language you posted in was an actual language like Spanish, Russian, French, Portuguese, Arab, Mandarin, any other dialect from Asian culture, Any African language, German, Norwegian, Or any other Germanic language at least I know there would be a chance of me knowing what you were talking about. But a made up language that has some database on the internet with no history other than to give gamers another way to confuse each other is where I draw the line.

If it makes you feel better to post in a language that only a few people can understand do it in a real language that you know and if you don't want anyone understanding it why are you posting it. It's not mind boggling it's just annoying.

As for an event I do not have one to post other than the obvious Have a happy Fourth American and happy belated First of July Canadians. Have fun at your local BBQ's and such.

C

CatLord

Might be annoying but it is also keeping one tradition alive...
... each player I bug to use the translator learns a bit of Elvish.

If I bug enough of them we'll keep the language alive and the elves on Catskills will have an extra tool... not everyone knows elvish like Beleg and his lovely wife. Some need the extra help. I know I do.

On another hand it promotes FATE unity... and we're getting new members and info requests from time to time...

I never apologise for being annoying... I do apologise if some dont go to the events because they dont get the information... but like always, PM me and I will be happy to give the full and detailed event information.

For the record, you earnt my respect and I understood sometimes I have to explain my perspective... it might look conceited or biased... but the plan is to fight the demise of elvish in UO.

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30882

L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal !

C

CatLord

A note left at each Sosarian Ankh...

" The Shieldmeet follows the Midsummer of every year. The ceremony consists of rituals and pledges expressing loyalty and renewing oaths. Tormtar usually marry, sign contracts, and hire apprentices on this sacred day. The Church of Torm lends its support, in the form of training, sanctuary, and weapons, to guardians, paladins, and loyal knights throughout Sosaria...

This Oath will take place on the last Sunday of July... until then, best of luck to all warriors on their way into knighthood/paladinship.

Elaint Eltanor, House Historian"

http://www.uoforums.com/loyal-fury/60484-under-discussion-what-is-fury.html

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Win up to 10 MILLION in GOLD on the shard of your choice (1/3 Siege) playing WRR Deal or No Deal 'UO Style'. This weeks DoND is on CATSKILLS starting at 3pm Pacific, 6pm Eastern. The DoND house is located OUTSIDE LUNA town to the EAST around mountain. Players from all shards are eligible to participate...just make a character on CATSKILLS to join in the fun!!

Rules on how to play DoND UO Style are available on the WRR station website where you can also tune in to hear this and other UO events live from...Whispering Rose Radio - www.WRRAD.com

For more details and location map CLICK HERE

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Drunken Joust

Saturday 11th of July
At 9pm EST

The prize will be determined by the amount of people who participate.
There is no entry fee and anyone is free to enter as long as they follow the rules.
Luna Lances will be provided for use during the competition.

The rules will be explained at the event.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I forgot to mention this will take place at the building next to Galehaven in Olympus which is north of Trinsic across the bay.
If you still don't understand feel free to PM and I could show you in the game.

C

CatLord

L'Liberation Wars ph'rath!

Doer xhandal l'velg'larns lu'ibo'a fol waer'honglath!
Sel Haven, pholor l'nineth klew'kin...

Uss Baat'leb! Uss Quortek!

http://www.uoforums.com/dreads-rest-inn/62270-if-you-would-like-to-join.html

Post Event Information:
Thank you all for showing.
I hope you all had fun and got plenty of SoTs... from what I counted we got at least 9.
Congratulations on the 120s, the nice Captain Johns Hat and Gladiators Collar.
This was the first of many community hunts... lets enjoy while our shard raiders are busy collecting cloaks... please check Alliance chat so you jump into the Champ Spawn.

Libertas Vel Mors!

(yes, it is an "hidden" challenge)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The United Pirates of Catskills announce the Black Market event for Saturday August 1, 8 pm EST!

During this monthly recurring event, you can sell, buy or trade your wares! The facts:
  • Merchants can claim a personal market stand where they can advertise and sell their products. The merchants should enter the list of their products into the book locked down on their market stand (at least one day prior to the event, so people can come by and check on the items).
  • The prices should be LOWER than the regular Luna vendor prices! Bargaining is encouraged!
  • Are you looking for a certain item? You can post your request on the bulletin board out front of the Black Market. Merchants can check the board beforehand and have the appropriate items ready for sale. The board will be wiped after the Black Market is over.
If you want to sell contraband, you can simply come to the Black Market building prior to the event and enter your name and your item list into one of the (empty) books on the market stands. By doing that you have claimed the market stand and may use it exclusively during the event. The Black Market building is located next to our Jolly Roger Inn.

C

CatLord

FAREWELL TO TOKUNO

Friday 7:30 PM EST.

Greetings.

Due to the end of ToT, I would like to invite everyone for an adventure in the Eastern lands.

Meeting Place:
Waste 7:30 PM EST
We will do the usual round of three tot artys plus possible cloaks then return to the Waste.

Please bring a boat, balls of summoning, slayer weapons, RUM... you know, all that is required for a grand adventure!

Thank you.

T

TheBattleArena

The Battle Arena RETURNS this Sunday night, August 9th!

Doors open at 8:30pm EST, the first match will commence at 9:30pm EST!

All are welcome to participate!

Not a fighter? We are also having a poetry/writing/bard competition, the theme being "Battle" to inspire the spirits of the combatants!

Not a writer? We are also having a food-consumption competition! (Particular food item will be announced the night of the event.)

Runes will be available at all major banks, and gates will be opening at 8:30 in Luna bank!

For more information on location, etc., go to inredmusic.com/battle/index2.html (the splash page isn't working!!)

The rules of the battle tournament are as follows...

One-on-one (creatures count!) NO RESTRICTIONS

That's it!

We hope everyone participates!!

See you there!
-Edward Delinden

C

CatLord

Reminder- INSANE PVP TONIGHT 9 PM EST!

Liberation Army:

FATE is a spawning guild... non faction... join in with your Defenders!

Please ask to join in New haven, for the duration of the event or, if you think you can follow the Circle rules, permanently.

(RULES: no foul language, no disrespect, no killing others except in self-defense or when they are kos <<= personal perspective of the rules on that last one, the last rule is no killing allies/associates)

DOOM is TB... but very strict.
Each member of DOOM is a knight errant, a paladin of Torm...

If you have a TB guild that wont raid and disrespect our foes... please ask D|R* GM, Calina, to ally you... and join the FUN!

One Circle! ONE SOUL!

Forgot our Theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfnizRqgh5Y&feature=player_embedded

C

CatLord

Busy week 26thOct to 1stNov:

Monday- Stygian Dragon
Tuesday- (Aegis)
Wednesday: Gauntlet
Thursday: Public Community Spawn
Friday-Sunday: Halloween Quest

L

LyraDarkstar

I hope Aedon doesn't mind... but I am copying his event here too...

Samhain Festival

Join us Tuesday Night October 27th for a spooky night of fun as the Glade of Aegis welcomes the spirits of the night with song and merriment. Events planned for the night.
-----------------------------------------------------
Haunted Tournament-Three Divisions to compete in.
----------------------------------------------------
1. Sheets and shrouds.- No armour or jewelery may be worn. Shrouds only. Weapon must be one bought from a town blacksmith. No shields.

2. Patchwork Ghouls-Up to 2 pieces of armour only. No shields or jewelery. Weapon must be bought from a town Blacksmith.

3. Undying Nightmare-More then two pieces of armor. Weapon of your choice. No shields or jewelery.

Spooky Story Telling Contest
-----------------------------------------------------
Join us in the dungeon of the Ghost's Rest and spin a tale of terror. Stories must be original and suitable for most audiences. Cider and Pie will be served.

Great Pumpkin Race
----------------------------------------------------
A relay race along a marked path. Winning team will receive a prize.

Pumpkin Hunt
---------------------------------
Find our merry little friends
Hidden within the glade. A prize will be awarded for the most found.

Costume Contest
--------------------------------
Dress for the night in a wild array of colorful costumes. Be prepared to act out through story, verse or song who and what you are.

Country Raffle
---------------------------------------
Buy a ticket, take a chance. Items for the raffle will be on display prior to the drawing, ticket sellers will be available.

Dunk Tank
----------------------------
A favorite from a couple of years has returned. We will have dunkees on hand, or you may challenge another to sit in the seat above the water.

The Belfry
-------------------
Only the stoutest of hearts will venture to Amelia's belfry. Learn what the fates hold in store for you, ask about love and power. But be ware the kiss of the Vampire Bats which fly overhead.

More events may be added as the night approaches.

The Ghost's Rest is located in the haunted Glade of Aegis. The first Clearing south of the Yew Trammel Gate. Events start at 9pm by the eastern skies. Hope to see you there.