• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catching up after 5 yr break...DI & HCI question

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, like the title says I'm doing my research and trying to catch up on all the recent additions and changes...holy **** there is a lot.

In between my research, I've been dusting off the ole Sampire and taking him into battle. Small things like Baracoon mostly. One thing I've noticed, that I can't for the life of me figure out, is why I'm whiffing so much with my Bow and Sword. It's 5 misses followed by 2 hits, followed by another 5 misses...and that's if I'm lucky. My damage is also super low (40-50 per hit from both weapons at max perfection, with EOO, consecrate weapon, Slayer and 97% DI from suit.) My template is as follows:

120 Archery
120 Swords
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Necromancy
100 Resist
86 Chivalry (26 from jewels)

I play Siege, so my suit isn't maximized like many on this forum, but the stats are as follows:

All 70s resist after Vampiric Embrace
112 hit points
186 Stam
62 Mana
30 HCI
35 DCI
41 LMC
with some assorted MR, SR and HPR

Since I've recently come back, I'm not decked out in weapons either... I'm currently using a Composite bow with Stam/Mana leech, Repond slayer, SSI and DI. I'm also using a Twinkling Scimitar with Fire area, Stam/Mana Leech, SSI and DI.

If anyone could help pinpoint why I'm swinging and missing so much and lack of damage, it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more info on anything.

Thanks all!

***I'm also not using any of the primers at this time

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need hit lower defence.
The champs on the spawn had their wrestling bumped to 130 at least, which is why you are missing so much.
And you need to use AI or DS to increase your damage against them too.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that. I hadn't caught up on that piece. Good to know.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
loose the stam leech on the bow and use divine fury to boost SSI, DI and refresh stamina while killing Baracoon. Instead of stam leech put hld or hci on that bow. Also use a vermin slayer talisman to further increase damage. Always use armor ignore. Switch to consecrate weapon and lightning strike only if you're running out of mana (which should onlyhappen on rare occasions).