• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castle with Rubble room and 4th story greenhouse :)

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Eyes of Origin

Some change I'm making or have made to my castle.

New Rubble room roof. A great place for plants.

Goza walkway and steps down to the southeast tower and castle center.

Floating globe, but needs to be redone due to the fact I didnt have my chaos tile high enough before I placed the statue :wall: lol awww and I just realized after I posted the pic that the globe isnt showing.
The open room in the middle will be a new crafting room since the towers wont be big enough for a soul forge :)

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do people find goza mats falling down every once in a while and having to redo them on these castle upper levels? I hate when i have to unlock them from the next level down and unlock the stuff that was underneath to place the items to get it repaired.

E

Eyes of Origin

I havent had a problem yet with the gozas, other than occasional lag when the house loads.

E

Eyes of Origin

Here is the statue with the globe... which I am going to be tearing down today to fix the chaos tile.

And the fish tank in the west tower.. still trying to figure out whatelse to put up here.

One more than I'm done lol This is the main floor "living room"

E

Eyes of Origin

its actually not too hard, if you know what to do.. this is the 1st one I did that wasnt destroyed. Before this one, I killed probably 4 globes and will be destroying the 5th globe today when I fix my mistake. I'm not sure I could explain how to do it without showing you, but I think Vlad is working on doing some tutorials on how to do this and some other things.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could you explain it? its not like they're expensive and a huge loss.

W

wee papa smurf

could you explain it? its not like they're expensive and a huge loss.
Im with him, let us know how you done it, i have like 100 globes im willing to try it on, just cant seem to seperate the bottom half of the globe :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

E

Eyes of Origin

ok ok ... since im redoing it.. I will take screenshots as I do each step and post them here when im done.. thats the only thing i can think of to do.... sorry Vlad I know you're making a tutorial for this sooner or later and I am sorry if I step on your toes at all.

*ok after much frustration I dont think I can explain the floating globe thing lol. I ran into some snags tonight while taking step by step screen shots. When you place it in the middle of a castle tower and for some reason have to chop it and start over, you cant place a goza in the north west corner where the globe is suppose to go and you need this goza to complete the 4 tiles for the globe. I think when you chop the globe to start over, it leaves a small pc from the base and doesnt allow you to place a goza there anymore. I am not sure, but this is what I'm thinking it could be. The same thing happened when I tried to place one on the center of my castle as well and I had to move it because it was no longer center. Vlad or Xblade might know how to fix this, but if anyone else knows as well, please let me know? Thanks

W

wee papa smurf

ok ok ... since im redoing it.. I will take screenshots as I do each step and post them here when im done.. thats the only thing i can think of to do.... sorry Vlad I know you're making a tutorial for this sooner or later and I am sorry if I step on your toes at all.

*ok after much frustration I dont think I can explain the floating globe thing lol. I ran into some snags tonight while taking step by step screen shots. When you place it in the middle of a castle tower and for some reason have to chop it and start over, you cant place a goza in the north west corner where the globe is suppose to go and you need this goza to complete the 4 tiles for the globe. I think when you chop the globe to start over, it leaves a small pc from the base and doesnt allow you to place a goza there anymore. I am not sure, but this is what I'm thinking it could be. The same thing happened when I tried to place one on the center of my castle as well and I had to move it because it was no longer center. Vlad or Xblade might know how to fix this, but if anyone else knows as well, please let me know? Thanks
Maybe we all could come round your house and you could show us? lol

I just cant seem to get the 2 parts seperated, is it a goza mat trick?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All will be explained in time and when I do so Ill have exact measurements for you all for doing it a few different ways. And your correct in your reasoning why you can't do it again although that to is not a total truth there are ways around that as well some more easily done then others and for you unfortunately you would need to go the hard route. In the mean time there are lots of other items that have interesting things that can be done with them why don't you folks come up with some new ones. =) I will get my tutorials done as soon as I can but until they either make TC a copy of Atlantic or I find an account/house to use for tutorials on Atlantic this project is on hold. Again if any one wants to speed things up help me find an account/house preferably 18x18 I'll be able to show the most that way.

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eyes you are the bomb....

Thanks for taking the time to show me how this globe set up is done...

Quite simple actually.

I had been doing it a much longer way using tables and books. lol

This was far easier than what everyone seem to be indicating....

Again....thanks

S

Stupid Miner

Should give the greenhouse a different color roof. too much black.

E

Eyes of Origin

Well, The black on the second level of the castle will be disappearing once SA comes out. I plan on doing carpets in some areas, hopefully that will balance the black out. Personally, I like the black gozas. The colored ones just dont always look right. The black has a seemless look compared to the rest.

E

Eyes of Origin

Thanks to Firedutch I know my assumption was correct about why I couldnt place the north west goza the second time.

When I do this project, I go up 2 levels with gozas. The 1st level is a platform for the chaos tile, statue placement.. the 2nd level is for the globe and its just a 2x2 area to place it on. When you have to destroy the globe, it leaves a tiny part I am guessing in the air that you cant see to lower so it blocks placement of another goza when you try to redo it.
So If you want to redo it in the same place, you have to make a 3rd level with a goza placed in the north west corner and then lower it into place so you have your 2x2 area for the globe to sit on. I know this sounds like jibberish without seeing it done and I am sorry for any confusion. The reason I posted it is because there might be other ppl who have run into the same issue and instead of getting a half answer on why and how to fix it, I offer an explination.

It took Firedutch and I a lot of trial and error to figure some of this out. This is why I suggested some people waiting for Vlad to post on it. However, if anyone is interested in seeing the process, please PM me, I would gladly show anyone, but you cant hold me responsible for destroyed globes when you do your own! :)

N

Ni-

Here is the statue with the globe... which I am going to be tearing down today to fix the chaos tile.

And the fish tank in the west tower.. still trying to figure out whatelse to put up here.

One more than I'm done lol This is the main floor "living room"
In that last pic of the bottom floor, I really like the look of the bloodwood alter pieces surrounding the regular colored abbatior, since they already have a close red color in them.

Oh yeah, side question: Do those broken alters, abbatiors, and arcane circles still work for the Arcane Focus spell?

X

XLaCeDX

Do people find goza mats falling down every once in a while and having to redo them on these castle upper levels? I hate when i have to unlock them from the next level down and unlock the stuff that was underneath to place the items to get it repaired.

I use 2 gozas on the same level to prevent my gozas falling and leaving a hole in my new level's floor/ceiling.

Just add one more stack of table/damaged books/goza ABOVE the goza that is going to be your new floor/ceiling.

Then remove the table/damaged books from beneath that topmost goza and it will fall or you can lower it with the decorating tool onto the goza at the level of ceiling/floor you desire.

Once you have both gozas on the same level you can safely remove the tables/books from beneath your new level goza floor/ceiling without fear of it, (them), in this case, falling.

I had some single gozas fall when I first began building new levels in my castle, none have ever fallen after I started using 2 gozas together.

I think much in the same way gozas can support all or most objects ingame they support other gozas as well.

Edit: Use same color gozas for stacking 2 because they will flip at random when leaving and entering your house.

I wanted a white floor but used cheaper yellow gozas as the underneath support goza and the yellow would show through in random areas every time I came and went from my castle.

It does make it more expensive if using the more rare color cloths for your gozas.