• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casting Focus with Parry

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CF Cap is 12% from items, + 5% from GM Scribe (may have been increased to 10%), and I think up to 4% from bard masteries.
My parry mage works just fine with it. Though I think for PvM there are better properties to go with. For PvP at 17% thats a 1 in 6 chance to proc, which provides a little bit of forgiveness to mages for spell timing.
It doesnt save you from having to time your spells properly, but when you get hit .25 secs before your spell would finish and it goes off, you definitely feel its worth.

I also use a resonant shield with kinetic resonance. The dci isnt as good as some items, but its another chance to not be interrupted.

CF won't save you from interruption if you get hit above 20 damage (I think is the interrupt threshold). But thats quite enough for you to occasionally shrug off poison/bleed ticks, lightning, fireball, velocity, and magic arrow procs/hits and keep casting.
The GM Scribe bonus is still 5%. CF plus Bard Mastery Caps at 12%. As stated about total cap is 17%. The damage thresholds for CF are the following: Player damage above 28 interrupts and monster damage above 33 interrupts.