• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casting Fields Issue!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since the patch came through apparently you cant cast fields now on the stone bridges in fire dungeon and most likely the same for the stone bridges in T2A areas as well. How did this get screwed up when nothing in the patch had to do with it. LOLOL

@Bleak @Kyronix Can you look into this problem?

Herp!

Journeyman
  • Resolved an issue where some block tiles were not the correct height, which could cause collision and rubber banding issues.
This is the cause most likely.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't cast area effect mage spells (meteor swarm) at the Ilsh Humility spawn. When the coon is standing on the altar, no matter where you target it "cannot be seen".

Probably the same bug?

Herp!

Journeyman
Sounds like it, I assumed this "fix" would have actually FIXED the altars. I spend entirely too much time at spawns & getting stuck on altars when I try to run past can be a recipe for disaster if it's rikktor, I have 12+ dragons on me, and rikktor pops... and I'm stuck in a pile with him unable to leave the altar because it's broken and won't let me walk up the stairs. A lot has broken since the first Izumo/Origin/Baja mandatory 96 update was pushed.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Also, ALL issues with show names, lag etc are fixed if you play in the old 800x600 client. Once you go into the new resolution be prepared to lag out for no reason and have no idea who is on your screen...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why did this patch even get of test center...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one day everyone will listen... Like a third world country building a water park in the middle of a drought.

Really wish the devs would stop releasing crap that just breaks everything else. every publish uhall gets riddled with bug complaints...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The aggravating as hell part of this is that it continues. And not one peep from anyone even acknowledging the problem exist, and that they are aware of it.
and we still have ghost mobs in the EC at champ spawns

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the patch came through apparently you cant cast fields now on the stone bridges in fire dungeon and most likely the same for the stone bridges in T2A areas as well. How did this get screwed up when nothing in the patch had to do with it. LOLOL

@Bleak @Kyronix Can you look into this problem?
We are looking into this issue as well.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ghost mobs?
Yeah been around a while, there will be spawn standing around not moving, and when you target them their health shows zero. Screws up the target next macro seriously. have seen EVs the same way. I ran upon my spawning partner Ynise standing in one spot half dead and poisoned once, so i stopped and started bandages and killing spawn that approached. She never spoke back, so I thought she had lost conn...so I kept bandaging lol. About 40 seconds later she ran by me hunting for more spawn, and the one I was healing poofed. Weird

I'm not the only one seeing ghost mobs, so I know it isn't all in my head! :eyes:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why did this patch even get of test center...
Because if they say it goes to test center that's good enough. Nothing ever actually gets tested. There's like 8 people on Test and Origin to "test" things. I think it's time to figure out a new testing method.

Herp!

Journeyman
I'm not the only one seeing ghost mobs, so I know it isn't all in my head! :eyes:
This happens if someone enters and exits the edge of your field of vision over and over. That's why it happens at spawns so often where people typically run in a circular fashion, or in my case, I split the spawn in half with a friend & we both end up with ridiculous amounts of ghosts just standing around on either side. 100% Client side error due to the way the client handles objects that are not in your field of vision. If you walk through a spawn and never go back on yourself, continually walking in a clockwise or counter clockwise circle, you will see maybe 1 ghost mob in 5 spawns... sadly, walking is slow & generally speaking, you kinda have to double back on yourself pretty often :(. Just in case you were ever wondering, lol. I've played with it so much that I could fill my entire screen with nothing but ghost mobs by doing like 3-4 spawns.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This happens if someone enters and exits the edge of your field of vision over and over. That's why it happens at spawns so often where people typically run in a circular fashion, or in my case, I split the spawn in half with a friend & we both end up with ridiculous amounts of ghosts just standing around on either side. 100% Client side error due to the way the client handles objects that are not in your field of vision. If you walk through a spawn and never go back on yourself, continually walking in a clockwise or counter clockwise circle, you will see maybe 1 ghost mob in 5 spawns... sadly, walking is slow & generally speaking, you kinda have to double back on yourself pretty often :(. Just in case you were ever wondering, lol. I've played with it so much that I could fill my entire screen with nothing but ghost mobs by doing like 3-4 spawns.
Yep this is right and if you double back over yourself sometimes especially when it's loading up housing this can make the EC crash... I try to do large circles and try to remember not to double back over myself... but fail a lot...

If we do more than one spawn I keep having to deal with these ghosts and target nearest borks up trying to target these ghosts... again annoying.