• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casca Event

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Casca can be found outside of the Lord Blackthorne castle

Here's the schedule for appearances on Europa:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Europa (Sunday - Monday, Wednesday - Thursday, Saturday - Sunday))

Sunday, January 18th, 2009
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] - 8pm GMT (Casca's Speech)

Monday, January 19th, 2009 - 8pm GMT (Sherry appearance)

Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 - 8pm GMT (Casca's Speech)

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 - 8pm GMT (Sherry appearance)

Saturday January 24th, 2009 - 8pm GMT (Casca's Speech)

Sunday, January 25th, 2009 - 8pm GMT (Sherry appearance)
[/FONT]

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to add a big thankyou to our EMs for running this event all week for us :) Should give everyone a chance to go!

T

Tak

Yes, and there is even a book in front of EM's house to tell you. Very nice.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, how do I enter the castle?
The gates are closed and locked :(

Edit: Never mind.. just read that Casca should be outside the castle. Seems I´ve missed it, doh!
Btw, 8 pm gmt is what hour in germany? I´m allways getting confused with the timezones and winter/summer time change *sighs*

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The castle is north of britain, on an island in a lake.
Lord Casca is the new ruler of the kingdom of britannia.
He will hold a speech to the citizens of the land.

Btw, just asked someone at the castle if Lord Casca already appeared. Seems the event hasn´t started yet :) *does the happy dance*

C

Chiera

Btw, 8 pm gmt is what hour in germany? I´m allways getting confused with the timezones and winter/summer time change *sighs*
It really can be. Should be 21.00 Uhr or 9pm :). CET (Central European Time) is GMT + 1. Things get really confusing though during summertime, because GMT technically and per definition does not have a summertime. The UK has though. So when summer time is in effect in the UK the time in the UK is not equal to GMT but it is GMT+1. Something a lot of people are not really aware of and keep on referring to British Summer Time as GMT.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot for your answer! It´s been succesfully clearing the mists inside my brain ;)
*takes a note: CET= Gmt +1, no matter what season it is*

C

Chiera

Thanks a lot for your answer! It´s been succesfully clearing the mists inside my brain ;)
*takes a note: CET= Gmt +1, no matter what season it is*
so far so true, but just keep in mind that when summertime is in effect in continental Europe it is called CEST (Central European SummerTime) and that is GMT+2 or British Summer Time + 1.
So basically Continental Europe is one hour ahead of the UK regardless. At least most of the year. Unfortunately Summer Time in the UK used to start a little later than in continental Europe (not sure if this has changed now) so there's a few weeks in the year when the UK is 2 hours behind ;)

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The castle is north of britain, on an island in a lake.
Lord Casca is the new ruler of the kingdom of britannia.
He will hold a speech to the citizens of the land.

Btw, just asked someone at the castle if Lord Casca already appeared. Seems the event hasn´t started yet :) *does the happy dance*
You mean the castle in brit? i am there now with people running about but no Lord casca

K

Kith Kanan

Best event EVAR !!! Right up there with boiling Orc underwear ....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The picture doesn't give a true impression of how many were there, we were all stood on top of each other, but when we got to the woods after the speach I realised I hadn't seen so many people in one place on Europa for ages. Good to know there are still so many of us around.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll let the reporters do their job about the event... I just wanted to mention that I picked up a book "Blood Stained Note" next to the corpse of one of the blue balrons with the following text:

Blood stained note by Unknown

Where did you say?

City of Honour?

When?

Tomorrow!
Can we get her?
I wonder who the "she" is that the Balrons are looking for. Maybe Sherry the Mouse? Does this mean that Sherry's appearance tomorrow will be in Trinsic?

Anyway now I'm the owner of one uber event rare ;-)
At least - it will be rare until someone creates a character named "Unknown" on Europa and writes an identical book...

I also saw someone pick up a "Tattered Note" that appeared next to the corpse of a blue balron (probably dropped by an invisible EM).

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a book about Sherry also :) Seems there was some confusion about the 'rodent's' name..

C

Chiera

The picture doesn't give a true impression of how many were there, we were all stood on top of each other, but when we got to the woods after the speach I realised I hadn't seen so many people in one place on Europa for ages. Good to know there are still so many of us around.

hehe... given the angle of the screenshot, you must have been standing right on top of me ;) But yes, was good to see the shard is still alive.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also saw someone pick up a "Tattered Note" that appeared next to the corpse of a blue balron (probably dropped by an invisible EM).
heh, that was me :)

A tattered note,
spies tell us she is out again,
City of honour her next port of call,
we must strike her?

Edit : Grabbed this when the balron 'Pride' died.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was truly good to see so many there :)

Mord and I also found a book just as the belron "Greed" died.

A Note

by Unknown

Thar rart In Trinsic!

We must kill it!

Tane then called me to Trinsic where I was told that another note had beed discovered and taken to show Duke Irvyne, it read

Blood stained note

by Unknown

That Rat!

That Rat!

Where she is going next I dont know but spies tell me its Trinsic!
After a chat with Duke Irvyne he has given permition for a search of Trinsic for clues or even Sherry herself, may the Virtues protect her. Any who are able to do so please remember that you are there by permition and respect the residents. Also please forward all information that will aid us all in this time of peril for us all.

Also the Belrons were named, which nemes did you all see, I can remember Decite and Greed.

Lady Flame

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went as Heidi Ninfel, that's me by the hedge with the pink chaos shield. I dyed it champagne red.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a hastily written note is left here*

Did anyone see where our new King went once we reached the forests?

I suspect foul play when a king orders a royal hunt and in the midst of some deer we are met by balrons. I wonder if our "King" Casca is as virtuous as he claims, or merely using virtue as a guise for leading the truly virtuous into a deadly hunt, where we are the prey! First a hunt of some innocent wild creatures for sport, and then balrons arrive in our midst? Had they been on the road I would have believed we were simply unfortunate enough that our paths crossed by coincidence. But this?

I am certain that Sherry is in great danger and as with all wild creatures I shall personally travel to Trinsic and try to offer her what protection I can. If she can be found.

Please take great care if you travel on the roads alone. May the virtues be with you all!

Ailsa of Marlit
Skara Brae Rangers

T

Trevelyan

Anything visually different about the notes or books, from other books?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea they had speckles of powder on them...when identified was found to be rat poison.....the mystery widens....

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one I have is just a normal blue book, sealed with a leaf.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything visually different about the notes or books, from other books?
Nope... just an ordinary sealed purple book. I could dupe it endlessly just by using Inscription :lick:

What matters to me is that I have the original one, not its value. I will gladly make copies for public libraries.

P

Phaheela

Never fails does it. No matter what the event is, where it is or whats happening there are always those who attend with the intention of spoiling the entire thing for everyone.

The EM's really need the ability to do something about this kind of behaviour so that those of us who wish to take part in the event can do so without having to listen to idiots spamming spells and insults.

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you, however I think it unlikely that you will ever find people forming an orderly crowd.

I tend to just read my journal and ignore the offensive comments / swearing / stereotyping / griefing etc etc and concentrate hard to pick out the bits in between .... granted that was difficult at times :D

(whoever it was, however, that used the F word, should been paid a visit by the EM's)

P

Phaheela

I totally agree.

I didnt hear half of what sherry was saying, came away, yet again disgusted at some peoples behaviour.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are copies of both books in the EMS house/office.

Less the rat poison that as been dusted off them... we need to keep watch on Lady Sherry....I feel the darkside id against her...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think i'm allowed to post the name's of the guilty ones.
So i'll just say the 'Neon brigade' kept up it's name as arrogant kids.:gun:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats too bad..I missed Sherry because my naughty puppy was misbehaving :D Hopefully it'll be a bit calmer on Wednesday.

T

Tak

Hehe, nice event.
It is awesome how this game comes to live once you follow plots like that.

T

Tane Darkbane

Can someone post the details of thursdays and saturdays events pls?

T

Tak

Hope that events are going on. This kind of good fun is simply not possible in a modern 3D mmo. Some peoples comments made me lay on the floor laughing..xD

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thursdays was in Cove and was much the same as Mondays, there are some key comments that keep being repeated, sadly I am way too tierd to search them up at the mo, but the key thing is to decide for ourselves is if we wish to follow the new King Casca or Sherry in a revolt. She repeated tonight to watch Casca carefully and make our own minds up.

I missed Saturdays speech and got there in time to go through a gate to Destard (nice touch the EMs leaving a named gate for us straglers). Seems to have been Casca lead us into trouble (did not know saturdays excuse). Then demons spawn and we get books saying where sherry would be next.

Strange that no matter where I travel I never find demons out of place that are hunting Sherry the mouse. *watches Casca closley*

K

Kiminality

Yeah... I managed to oversleep... For every Sherry appearance :(
Caught every Casca one, though...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A note to those who managed to pick up one of the balron books: If you catch an EM in office, they will make a copy of your book for the EM library, and add the name of the player who found it. Nice way to get your name into shard history ;)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've managed to miss the lot so far. I have a beading order to fill - 20 rose hatpins, 12 3d phone charms and 10 spectacle holders. Doesn't sound like a lot til you work out the beads. Each petal takes 42 beads, each rose takes 8 petals. And we won't talk about the phone charms except to say that I'm never making 3d canary type birds again. Right angled weave *shudders*.

Has anyone managed to get a transcript of what our Casca is saying? What I've seen of his speech so far isn't reassuring me. In fact, I'm in full 'nasty suspicious mind' mode.

T

Tane Darkbane

Gah missed sunday nights sherry appearance in Castle brit - i was there up until sherry 'appeared' at brit bank (some confusion as to whether this was true or not) then RL called and i missed the rest of it - can anyone comment on what happened?