• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Carpentry Runic Saws

G

I have been doing the footstool quests in Heartwood AND Sanctuary with well over 500 Luck for THREE weeks. Suffice it to say I have gotten nothing but recipes and mediocre items. Where are my runics?
I have scoured the Internet trying to find the odds of getting a runic, but I have come up empty-handed. Does Luck account for anything or is it purely random?
Has anyone out there done a study to determine the chances of getting runics?

T

Trukx

Its purely random, luck has nothing to do w/ it outside of "REAL" luck.

Dont know how well the two coincide, but UOGuide shows that there is a 1:10,000 chance to get a Heartwood Fletcher Kit (may be similar to Carpentry Heartwood Saw on the chances, but I dont know; Others were: Yew (1:5000), Ash(1:2000) and Oak (1:500)). (Carp page doesnt show any numbers)

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most will say luck has no effect and even the devs state that as well. I however say that luck does effect what you get. Now Ive never gone for the runic saws. But I go for the runic fletchers kits alot. Now I have done whole days naked and done whole days with as much luck as I can get. Well suffice to say I've ONLY got runics while wearing my luck suit. Never once got any runics naked. Too me thats enough to say luck does matter.

G

I've been doing this quest for well over a year. I've gotten all of the recipes and one Oak saw. I've used over 250k boards. I have no idea how people get so many of these saws.