• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Carpentry Questions- Gains & Runic Saw

S

sayler04

I've been working on a carpenter for a few edays, and my gains seem to have plateaued at 97.8; i've been making mostly gnarled staves with a few high-end containers thrown in for fun, but the staves have almost a 90% success rate. does anyone know of a more efficient item I could be crafting up to 100%?

Also, I've read all about runic saws, but can't seem to figure out where you get them, as there is no carpentry bod system. Where do i get these?

many thanks

aetun

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you get the runic saws from the foot stool & harp quests in Heartwood.

You could do the shepherd's crooks (same difficulty & wood used as the staves) and donate them to the animal trainer NPC on the second floor of the Britain library (better return than just tossing them like the staves).

Other than that, the only "cheap" thing (8 boards, 5 ingots) to make above the crooks and gnarled staves, would be the Tetsubo, and they require carpentry as well as 40 Tinkering. at GM you'd only be 66.6% chance of making.