• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Careful at the crazed and burning mage in shame

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, One of my friends on LS reported to me that the mages were acting alittle strange today... So I went to test to see what was going on... The crazed mage seems to be doing a triple attack from time to time now... and the burning mage is doing this on top of his 120 breath attacks on pets with 80 fire rs..(might want to use a tank pet for your fresh one for the time being) Might be something unintended, a bug , or maybe just a change so tamer used more then them for training...either way I'm putting in a bug report... be careful if you are training a pet with lower then 200 hp on them... and extra careful if the pet is not bonded as this is some truly bad burst on low resist pets... plz becareful with your pets my friends, and thanks Higgs for the heads up.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
. So I went to test to see what was going on... The crazed mage seems to be doing a triple attack from time to time now... and extra careful if the pet is not bonded as this is some truly bad burst on low resist pets... plz becareful with your pets my friends, and thanks Higgs for the heads up.. =^-^=
This has been going on since patch. Went down with a legacy mare (not a super old one) day after patch, and the crazed mage managed to combo her down to 10% in an instant. Second time was with an untrained dreadmare and 3 flame strikes back to back took her from 100% down to 20-25% in less than 5 seconds. Fun stuff.

Pirates however, the gains off them seem to be much faster for animals not tanking. Done multiple 1/2 slots on them and the paint wasn't even dry when they were capped.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This has been going on since patch. Went down with a legacy mare (not a super old one) day after patch, and the crazed mage managed to combo her down to 10% in an instant. Second time was with an untrained dreadmare and 3 flame strikes back to back took her from 100% down to 20-25% in less than 5 seconds. Fun stuff.

Pirates however, the gains off them seem to be much faster for animals not tanking. Done multiple 1/2 slots on them and the paint wasn't even dry when they were capped.
I took my fresh 2 slot reptalon there Saturday. Didn't have to heal any more than normal with a 2 slot pet.

Crazy mage is not for tanking. The gains are pitifully slow. Heal your pet. Its not an afk training center for 1 slot pets.

I did find that running consume damage and having my bard play the peace song allowed me to not have to heal the 2 slot Reptalon. My power went out when i was at 62%. I figured Id never see that pet again. But, when I logged on, everyone was alive and the pet was 79%.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I haven't noticed much of a change since the new patch beyond feeling that they are casting Invis a bit more often to break aggro.

To second what Pawain said, the Crazed and Burning mages are not an AFK training spot for 1-slot pets. If you're low on resists and hit points... you're gonna have a bad time.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Crazy mage is not for tanking. The gains are pitifully slow. Heal your pet. Its not an afk training center for 1 slot pets.
Oh pawain... obviously you don't know me or my training style. ;) I actually heal and fully attend my training sessions. Thanks though for that obvious tip on healing pets. I have trained certain 1 and 2 slot pets there before and it was never an issue. Only time I ever lost a pet was when I lost my 1 slot gorilla there when i accidentially mounted the tank. Ooops.

I have trained over 100 pets since the taming patch, i think i have a handle on the training. As for the AFK training, the only mention of that in this thread was from Pawain out of left field..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think that Pawain was only emphasizing the fact that training there has changed. I am sure she did not imply that anyone in their right mind would train there afk..

I went there this morning. I noticed some attacks were doing triple digits from both the crazy/burning mages too. Wasn't really an issue though. Was training a 2-slot Reptalon as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh pawain... obviously you don't know me or my training style. ;) I actually heal and fully attend my training sessions. Thanks though for that obvious tip on healing pets. I have trained certain 1 and 2 slot pets there before and it was never an issue. Only time I ever lost a pet was when I lost my 1 slot gorilla there when i accidentially mounted the tank. Ooops.

I have trained over 100 pets since the taming patch, i think i have a handle on the training. As for the AFK training, the only mention of that in this thread was from Pawain out of left field..
I was only replying to you specifically about the part where you said it was this way after the patch. I wasn't aware of a change or when it took place until last night when Higgs mentioned it in chat. Thanks for the timeline. The Tanking part came from Dons post.

The rest of my post was just general rambling that was not aimed at you.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that Pawain was only emphasizing the fact that training there has changed. I am sure she did not imply that anyone in their right mind would train there afk..
Ya somebody running away from a vortex and bringing it by the Crazy mage is something that happens.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
They have also become a bit more erratic and strange-acting. The crazed mage sometimes seemed to refused to move, very odd. The burning mage is definitely deadly for weak pets, more so than the crazed mage.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Took more note when I went to train recently.

Dreadmares have pretty low fire resist, but most flamestrikes would do 55-60 damage. However I noticed in a 15 minute training session there were six instances of the flamestrikes hitting for 175-185 damage. It was either the 55-60 damage or the 175-185, nothing in between. So the instance of the 3 flamestrikes back to back nearly killing the dreadmare seems to be a rare occurrence of luck. Also saw a couple 110-120 ebolts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got my unbonded Frost Mite leveled just fine. He had 28 fire resist. I don't use a tank.

I'm sure a beetle will have trouble. I'm done with those tho.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got my unbonded Frost Mite leveled just fine. He had 28 fire resist. I don't use a tank.

I'm sure a beetle will have trouble. I'm done with those tho.
this past time there was no trouble. just the first time with the triple flamestrikes in under 5 seconds. Its just the spell damage is like minimal or crazy insane (for the mob) I still do a large selection of unbonded pets there.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
this past time there was no trouble. just the first time with the triple flamestrikes in under 5 seconds. Its just the spell damage is like minimal or crazy insane (for the mob) I still do a large selection of unbonded pets there.
Was this problem with the crazy mage hitting fast and hard fixed? Or it was a rare random event? Thanks for info.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was this problem with the crazy mage hitting fast and hard fixed? Or it was a rare random event? Thanks for info.
A 1 or 2 slot fresh pet has to be healed at the crazy mage. Always has. Its the low resists!!! Im on the rumor side of the fence. Ive spent many hours tossing heals at pets before I got my taming 3 mastery.