• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Capture the Fort Discussion

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

During the show and tell on Saturday, Elder EM Seppo said that unless he could think of something, blue characters that participated would not be automatically flagged criminal; this means that those who participate in the PvP event would have to take murder counts for attacking/flagging on others.

Given the very nature of the event, this could be an unavoidable problem for most and would result in a lot of participants being flagged as murderers. While Forged Pardons are available, they are not cheap. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine easily getting more than 5 counts and being unable to return home after the event.

I was wondering what peoples' thoughts on this issue was. Will you not be participating because of this?

Is there any ideas on how to avoid giving or receiving counts? Baja as a shard could agree to not give counts out at the event, but this would require a great deal of trust.

I hope to see people participate in this event and hope that folks can voice out their opinions and perhaps suggestions on how best to participate in this event without a hassle.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Only Blues can give murder counts out to blues*

Ummm...... WE are mostly red. It only takes 1 fight against SI to go red, so if we aren't red at the start of the fight, we will be by the end of it and have no problem with this.

Cartel is faction so obviously we can't give them murder counts and they can't give us murder counts.......

So unless the blues start just killing other blues (which I don't see happening with all the reds around), I doubt anyone other than us will actually go red.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, there are a ton of blues signed up for this...or at least, there were plenty at the meeting who were interested in the event until they found out that they would have to take counts to win. Obviously the question isn't really directed at those already in factions or red already.

I didn't see it before, but Nicholas the Old suggested that no one give out murder counts. I hope that works for everyone.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, Let me start by saying this.

I don't complain that I can't bring my RED to an event because its held in Trammel. I log onto a blue and come join the festivities.

SO, when an event is held in FEL. Where the whole concept behind the event is a Huge Onslaught game of King of the Mountain. I don't think its too much to ask that people expect they will have to fight blues and take counts. ITS called RP.

"Don't want to play a murderer? Then don't come to the event that's based around killing other players to win".

That's why they separated Trammel and Fel in the First place was for people who didn't want to have to kill/be attacked by other players to play the game.

IF they want to make it to where no-one counts any else, then they should just do the event in tram, Make one Big Guild/Alliance, and I'll bring the cake, punch, and pool toys.

*removed 1/2 of my post for reasons that cannot be spoken LOL*

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just get rid of Stat Loss while you're At it.

At least then, some people wouldn't have to log onto 2-6 characters throughout one fight. :stretcher:

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elden of Baja said:
I don't think its too much to ask that people expect they will have to fight blues and take counts. ITS called RP.
Combatants in a Declared War possess Legal Immunity and a License to Kill. Therefore those armed in the Service of Queen Dawn would not be pronounced murderers for their deeds and would not be barred from the Britannic Empire.

However as a matter of perception a Feluccan might consider the Britannians invaders engaging in an act of conquest. Whether that constitutes murder or evil is a subject of interpretation and perspective. This is a place where Game Mechanics and RP don't match.

I propose the Generals of each Batallion enter into a Gentlemans Agreement not to give counts.

SpiderBall81

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ i am bringing a blue and i will allow myself to be killed and hand out murder counts like candy..why you ask? because i pay a monthly fee for this game and i will play it how i choose.

S

Spycam

The Role playing will be fun but in reality this gentleman's agreement will not stand. If people know anything about playing on Baja is that us SI we don't like murder counts and if and when we receive it we will leave the battle. Cartel may not care but they may not be strong enough because most guys now that were former SI joined them and will not stay for the counts either. Don't know who will stay but Unless a mod is done we wont be there to collect the point count. We aren't that fierce.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a better Idea.

The blues that Are already playing don't wear faction gear as it is. Make them JOIN factions for a day. Can't Give out murder counts then. And after all the fun is over they can go back to trammel,malas,tokuno,sa,ilshenar while they wait for their guild to leave factions.

I think that's the best idea right there.

Cartel - Factions
KR - Factions
SI - Non Factions

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Role playing will be fun but in reality this gentleman's agreement will not stand. If people know anything about playing on Baja is that us SI we don't like murder counts and if and when we receive it we will leave the battle. Cartel may not care but they may not be strong enough because most guys now that were former SI joined them and will not stay for the counts either. Don't know who will stay but Unless a mod is done we wont be there to collect the point count. We aren't that fierce.
Who are you ? and who made you the spokesperson for SI ?

S

Spycam

If i state who I am i will lose my position and would prefer not too for reason i will not disclose. Some know me but i speak only the truth. Everyone is equal ! If you have a problem with that then keep it to yourself like i said I'm here to just be fair and speak the truth of what is seen not what people blurt out. No matter what guild it is.
:bdh:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll be there if I am able to regardless to whether I go red or not :p However, I wont give murder counts to SI or Cartel blues. (I'm sure this will make at least one SI member VERY happy if I can attend) :twak: As for giving counts, my suggestion would be just make all opposing factions orange and lose stat loss for this event

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i state who I am i will lose my position and would prefer not too for reason i will not disclose. Some know me but i speak only the truth. Everyone is equal ! If you have a problem with that then keep it to yourself like i said I'm here to just be fair and speak the truth of what is seen not what people blurt out. No matter what guild it is.
:bdh:
People don't tend to listen to the "truth" from a new user, with a name like spycam, who just made their first posts today. Why would anyone believe anything you have to say? You have no credibility what so ever, unless you say who you are.

Send me a pm if you like.

You won't get into any kind of trouble.

Until they admit who they are, No one should listen to Spycam, this person does not speak for SI or its Members.

JINX (SI)

S

Spycam

Listen to me , don't listen to me, the outcome still remains. The truth speaks louder than your post. I am in no way trying to start any issues with anyone. Like i said I only speak the truth if you want to listen or not its no matter. But it is the truth. I speak for truth not for any guild!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings everyone,

With respect to all please, lets try to stay with the topic posted by the OP.

Thank you!

:popcorn:

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda like the blues join factions idea.

I've also heard that EMs can remove murder counts. Is this true?

P

Pauldarian

Really because that's what I was waiting for, was some SI members to go red =-)
Beacuse Aden going red would be k-rad =-p

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is up to you guys to figure out if you want to reach an agreement on murder counts or not. I believe it is a good idea to do so as it would bring more people to the field. I doubt it is critical though. We are not going to mandate it, simply because we cannot enforce it.

However, a bit of advice:

Keep the fighting strictly on the field and bickering to minimum. You don't need unnecessary drama and personal attacks to spice up PvP. Event moderators tend to be allergic to such things. Something to keep in mind, if you would like to see continuation of PvP based events.

Dare to be respectful, dare to be different. Trash talk is overdone and overrated. No one is impressed.

S

Spycam

It is up to you guys to figure out if you want to reach an agreement on murder counts or not. I believe it is a good idea to do so as it would bring more people to the field. I doubt it is critical though. We are not going to mandate it, simply because we cannot enforce it.
Hahahaha We are not going to mandate it, simply because we cannot enforce it. Well then good luck on the agreement. The chances of it standing are um :coco:.

P

Pauldarian

Dare to be respectful, dare to be different. Trash talk is overdone and overrated. No one is impressed.
Doubtful. Human Nature is as such.
The current state of the world shows as such the fact voters don't watch CSpan

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Figures - had to take place when I'm cookin for company. Anyhoo Paul if I can make it in - you can give me some counts as well (assuming I can actually kill anyone that is) :fight:

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a great fun watching! I thought it went very well. Cartel won, but SI and K^R gave a spirited fight. I hope it will only become more popular and there will be even more participants next time. I will have the video up soon, I hope.