• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Can't use clippers on decorative plants?

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure when this happened, but...I filled my 9 garden beds with black and white seeds...they are done growing....i went to pull them out and clip them and I get a message that i can only use the clippers on decorative plants. Anyone know how to fix this is or am i stuck leaving them in the beds until they fix it?

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure when this happened, but...I filled my 9 garden beds with black and white seeds...they are done growing....i went to pull them out and clip them and I get a message that i can only use the clippers on decorative plants. Anyone know how to fix this is or am i stuck leaving them in the beds until they fix it?
The plants I tried to clip were the bonsai, the others that I tried worked fine.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I don't know about Bonsai, but from your description above you seem to be indicating they're still in the beds...? If they are then they're not decorative are they? I thought that turning them deco automatically pulled them from the beds.

Added: either way though, I don't see why you'd need to leave them in the beds. Turn them deco/pop them out and store them until you can clip them.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The plants I tried to clip were the bonsai, the others that I tried worked fine.
I just tested it out and it does not appear that you can use clippers on bonsai plants, at least I wasn't able to just now. On other decorative plants they still work fine.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Nope, unfortunately bonsai can be clipped. There are three settings on the clippers. One give the plant resource for dyes, one gives reeds and one lets you make topiary. Be sure to check what they are set for. Drove myself nuts when i had left them set for topiarys. Still have to get a purple hedge to see if i can make a purple llama

Last edited: