• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cant kill bone demon solo

• Thread starter bob da builder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

bob da builder

howdy every 1 this is my first post. hows every 1 doin
i wii appoligize for my spelling in advance:eek:
ok heres whats going on i keep dying from bone demon.
in the guantlet i can fight anything its just the bone demon thats beating me up. i run in wraith form for mana
here is my set up

115 bushido
115 swords
115 parry
100 tactics
90 anatomy
40 necro
60 spirit
75 chiv

gear
aeigs of grace
good gorget
good sleeves
stormgrips
heart of the lion
leggings of bane
primer on arms
ring { essence of battle}
bracelet{3/1 9 dci 14 hci 8 arch }
155 stamina 123 str 46 mana
ornate hml 42
hld 40
ssi 30
di 18
sry if this confuses any 1 i play video game not wright novels:)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you say bone demon, do you mean the bone demon to get the golden skulls? or do you mean the dark father?

the bone demon to get the skulls is very easy to solo, as for the dark father, your temp and gear have to be very speicialized to kill that solo..

were talking hld, hla, max hci, max dci, max di, max ssi, all 70s and some mana regen.
120 wep skill
120 bushido
120 magic resist
vampire form for healing

the perfect wep..
demon slayer, HSL, HML, SSI 30+

swamp dragon with gm armor.

also you have to be up on cutting the bones before it spawns the mobs.. dont miss any.
even then you might die a few times before its dead.

its really best to make friends with a discording bard.. then bring along a few tamers to get rid of the mobs of lower level stuff that spawn.

B

bob da builder

ya the dark father is easy and the rest of the spawn in the gualent is easy as well but for some reason the bone demon the one for the gold skulls kills me nearly every time.
i have 70 phys 68 fire 70 cold 70 poison 75 energy
35 hci 49 dci 42 hld
111 hit points

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im guessing you dont have the correct wep to kill it.

sometimes just changing the wep makes things a lot easier.

try using a faster wep, a demon slayer if you have one, if not try the soul seeker.

S

Saris

I got same issue I can take it with a mage or healer spamming on me but though I can solo with the same wep everything to include DF in doom, The bone deamon is mean but hey I got issues going up against a para cu too

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to kill the bone demon often when I used wraith form. My template has changed, so I don't have mana leech ability any more, which means that BD would be a lot tougher for me so I use my mage now, but I thought I'd tell you how I did it.

First off, I always used the darkwood suit with 15% extra DCI to max it out.

Secondly, I always used the exiler, which has no mana leech, which is why I needed to use wraith form. My method used up a lot of mana.

Third, I would joust the bone demon from start to end. I would go in and swing until the demon hit, then run away and use spirit speak and/or confidence to heal (you may want to use confidence, 60 spirit speak isn't very reliable). Since I hit fairly often, I never ran out of mana.

I always had curse weapon up, but the hits from CW didn't drain enough at 110 SS to counter the massive hits from the BD. I always had EoO up, but that goes without saying. Before the fight, I always lured the little annoyances down the hall. I always attacked with lightning strike since mana wasn't an issue. I never had to use potions, but I wouldn't have minded having a cure or two at times. Since confidence healing stops when you're damaged, curing poisons before casting confidence can help a lot.

And my template at the time:
115 mace (after items)
100 bushido
100 parry
110 spirit speak (after items)
100 necromancy (after items)
100 tactics
75 chivalry
And whatever points were left were either in focus or anatomy. I can't remember which, as I switched off a lot.

S

Saris

Ok I got him finaly, I just reverted to the old lance style tactics.

Not that bad but factoring in the time it takes to get the bones and the uncomfortable fighting of the bone deamon, me thinks I will just make someones vendor some money still. I can make the gold to get the skull faster than I can get the skull lol.

Thanks though one more baddie that came to his end by Saris.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used to kill the bone demon often when I used wraith form. My template has changed, so I don't have mana leech ability any more, which means that BD would be a lot tougher for me so I use my mage now, but I thought I'd tell you how I did it.
Can you explain the tactics you used as a mage to kill the Bone Demon (or any of the other major baddies in Doom)? I'm new to playing a mage and trying to figure it out. Thanks!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage is a lot easier.
1. I don't bother with summons. The BD kills them too quickly.
2. I carry a demon slayer spellbook and spam damaging spells. My favorite is fireball, but I throw some flame strikes in there if I have more than half mana.
3. I stay away from the BD.
4. Cure and mini-heal as needed (I don't have protection so I have FC2)

It isn't as quick as the wraith form way, but it works well.