• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't even ask questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nastia Cross

Can't we even ask questions anymore and expect answers without a thread getting locked? This IS the place where we are SUPPOSED to communicate with our shard EMs. Players have legitimate, respectfully worded questions and instead of recieving answers, the thread gets locked. What's the point of having an EM forum if we can't communicate with our EMs here?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im getting kind of sick and tired of threads being locked in the chessy EM forums myself, without a reason to boot, i don't even know who the moderator is in charge of the chessy EM forums but if another one is locked i will be messaging petra and getting to the bottom of this, just so u know anonymous moderator

R

Rivi

I agree and I am sooo frustrated by not being able to speak your mind with anything unless you agree with the ems on the shard. I attend many shards events and this seems to be a problem on Chessy and not elsewhere.

Other ems answer questions honestly and to the point and are not afraid of discussion that my be critical of the events. Every week Dudley and Dross invite feedback on the events at the HOC meeting, but there is a core group always there to say they can do no wrong and I don't see any changes from the feedback they are given there which is by no means always constructive but when it is constructive it is still ignored.

And to be fair to Dudley and Dross, there is a lot of good things that they do too. Their story-lines are very rich and the rpcs are quite good, and they have created some of the most beautiful places like the place under the water with the pretty fish in it. I also love the monthly list of events posted that other shards don't do.

Despite my recent posts I do not dislike Dudley and Dross by any means, but I would like some changes in the communication, and mutual respect, and yes equal numbers of created items and equal numbers of those created items given out. I think to accomplish this we all need to work together both players and our EMS, but we have to both be willing to work through this and not dismiss each others views or feel that we are not equal.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I am the Moderator on these shard EM forums. I tend to give a reason for why I lock threads. But The Admins can also mod these forums such as in the case with the Helga thread. An Admin locked that one. I see more whining on this shards EM forum than all the other EM forums combined. No I am not pointing fingers at anyone specifically. If those of you that don't like the EM events or the EM you have choices... You can e-mail Messana, Private message the EM, not attend the events, change shard, or the easiest and best suggestion of all... SPEAK CONSTRUCTIVELY on these forums. It is OK to have an opinion that is contrary to others and it is ok to express it on these forums but please be constructive. Ever heard the phrase... "You will attract more flies with honey than you will with vinegar"? I am not saying that if you are super nice to the EMs that they will have more and better drops at their events. But what you might consider is if you were the EM and you had all this attitude directed at you would you feel like doing nice things? All I ask is be respectful and constructive and follow the Stratics forums rules and we can all hopefully get along.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i feel that my first thread that was locked was very constructive, well thought out and right down the point on some things i'd like to see changed, but it was locked regardless

R

Rivi

Yes I am the Moderator on these shard EM forums. I tend to give a reason for why I lock threads. But The Admins can also mod these forums such as in the case with the Helga thread. An Admin locked that one. I see more whining on this shards EM forum than all the other EM forums combined. No I am not pointing fingers at anyone specifically. If those of you that don't like the EM events or the EM you have choices... You can e-mail Messana, Private message the EM, not attend the events, change shard, or the easiest and best suggestion of all... SPEAK CONSTRUCTIVELY on these forums. It is OK to have an opinion that is contrary to others and it is ok to express it on these forums but please be constructive. Ever heard the phrase... "You will attract more flies with honey than you will with vinegar"? I am not saying that if you are super nice to the EMs that they will have more and better drops at their events. But what you might consider is if you were the EM and you had all this attitude directed at you would you feel like doing nice things? All I ask is be respectful and constructive and follow the Stratics forums rules and we can all hopefully get along.
Gee could it be there is more criticism on this forum, or "whining" as you like to call it cause some of us are unhappy with the unfair treatment our shard receives, BECAUSE there are real VALID CONCERNS about events on this shard...No that can not be it. (Just to be clear the No that can not be it is sarcasm on my part.) I have posted clear constructive criticism on these forums and even positive feedback on these forums about our ems. We have a right to our opinions and to fight to get fair treatment for our shard.

And I am sick and tired of my opinions and others opinions being called whining and not constructive because they disagree with the ems perspective.

And further more after 13 years on the Chessy shard, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LEAVE to get fair treatment like the other shards. That is complete bs.

Plus why lock the poll thread before more people get home from work or log on on for the day? Oh wait the poll might start to go the other direction and get a real clear view of the Chessy shard's desire for equal treatment from our ems, but no lets lock the thread and close off that possibility. Whatever happened to our right to freedom of speech?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This. No better paragraph could have been written.

Whatever your issue is, being less of a jerk in how you present it will yield the results you desire in communication or polls. Having to tolerate discussions as they've previously been attempted with a total lack of respect for others is not going to get much "communication" with your EM. Rather, it seems designed to bully someone off their shard.

For every one or two complaints that settle in, it is a shame that the positive results of having EMs in the first place get lost in translation. You may find yourself without an EM at all and that is a disservice to the players who do go with the mindset of participation and not the loot.

Let's hope 2011 invites a positive mindset for us all.

R

Rivi

Whatever your issue is, being less of a jerk in how you present it will yield the results you desire in communication or polls. Having to tolerate discussions as they've previously been attempted with a total lack of respect for others is not going to get much "communication" with your EM. Rather, it seems designed to bully someone off their shard.

For every one or two complaints that settle in, it is a shame that the positive results of having EMs in the first place get lost in translation. You may find yourself without an EM at all and that is a disservice to the players who do go with the mindset of participation and not the loot.

Quite honestly I would rather have no EM program on any shard then at least that way Chessy would be treated the same as the other shards. Or no more EM items given out at all on any shard, just events without items, I would not mind that because again Chessy would be treated the same as other shards.

Yes the EM program has brought alot of fun and enjoyment to the shards, but there needs to consistency in the number of items created and the number of items created that are given out on all shards. I should not have to move from my shard or any other silly idea just to get a shard with a better drop rate for items. All shard should be consistent and have standards for the EMs to follow in regards to item drops, it should not be up to an individual EM to give out or not, it should be standard for all shards. Dudley has openly admitted that he does not like to give out items, and that is unfair to us as a Community and creating a Chessy history as other shards are being able to do.

Once again this is about the fairness and equal treatment on all shards and not just about getting more items. However, I am sure this won't be considered constructive criticism either, even though, I have given the reason for the criticism and a viable solution to the problem at hand in this post and in several others in the various locked threads.

C

Clair The Mystic

I thought the fact that we have tried several times to address our concerns through Dudley and Mesanna was clear. I know Rivi emails them all the time. This all started in this thread... http://vboards.stratics.com/chesapeake-em-forum/230711-helga-has-not-responded.html#post1883948 ...because Dudley would not address a situation where he is clearly wrong.

Lets say you go to Walmart to buy a pair of shoes. You ask the person in the shoe department if they have a style you like in your size. They say "I don't know", walk away, and never return. This is how I feel Dudley handles our questions. IT WOULD GET YOU FIRED FROM WALMART! And it is not just on that day the person who works in the shoe department was dealing with the death of a pet, or having a bad day for some other reason. IT IS EVERY TIME HE IS QUESTIONED.

I am not asking that Dudley be fired. I am asking that he live by the same rules that every other adult has to live by. I don't think asking someone who's job it is to serve me and the other players on Chessy to handle his mistakes like an adult is unreasonable. Be accountable, be transparent, and be mature.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. I was trying to be nice but I guess no matter how nice you are to some people that it is just not enough. Post locked due to lack of constructive discussion and thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.