• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Cannot Communicate With Origin."

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....Blah blah, you know the message..

That's with KR, I hear I am not the only one from my ICQ contacts.
2Ders also report bad lag and disconnects.

Fix. Repair. Fast. :bored:

G

galefan2004

I've gotten it a few times, but its not that game stopping. I would rather they spend time on game stopping issues like shard crashes.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've gotten it a few times, but its not that game stopping. I would rather they spend time on game stopping issues like shard crashes.
Not being able to log on isn't game stopping?

To the OP
Yeah I thnk the login servers are down for some people.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. That and the constant KR crashes the past few days.

Anyway so I guess I'll keep trying. I was in the process of making a crafter and was getting the hang of it.. ;P

Hm. Another guildie just got the same right now. She can't log in at all.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh... :wall:

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not being able to log on isn't game stopping?

To the OP
Yeah I thnk the login servers are down for some people.
Yeah, my login sputtered a bit just now but went through with some retries. Likely some network issues going on. If you are dedicated and whatnot you can do some tracerts to try and determine if it's an OSI problem or somewhere up stream.

Not likely that that will change anything for you but it will give you something to do while waiting. :wall:

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can and when i change charactors i get that message and restarting UO allows me back into teh game:lame:

A

Adam Randall

unable to log in either.
seems to happen only on my vet accounts....

edit: arrr - not really :(

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I wish they'd fix this stuff... we had plans tonight.
Stupid UO.

A

Adam Randall

they´ll fix it as soon(tm) as they will fix any other issues :)

M

Merv DeGriff

Failing here in New Mexico from a Comcast cable connection.

I can trace to the login servers at login.owo.com and ping is looking good with little latency at 49 to 50 ms and little to no packet loss (1 lost in a 500 packet batch).

I can see and communicate with the patch servers... and I can see the edge of the Baja cluster. The login server is just ********.

I can log in with 2d with no issue.

Give me a bit to tear into KR's behavior and I'll see the client is acting any different. Can anyone verify the current KR patch number as of yesterday? I didn't notice a patch, but I wasn't watching it load... I was getting a drink.

:lame:

Grrrr... KR is failing. Just authenicate me for the love of god.... Baja waits for me.

:lame:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been taking me 2 or 3 tries in 2D, but I've been trying for 15 mins now to connect via KR and can't. 3 different accounts, same N/W error msg.:lame:

F

Fayled Dhreams

oops! ... now no go on KR ... 2D fine though
(yep multiple threaded retries KRKR 2d KR 2d 2d KR KR ... no go KR... 2d fine)

T

Tazar

It's been over an hour of trying for me and no luck yet... on either client and any of several computers around the house.

Any suggestions?

D

Daulphyne

I have been trying for 3 hours - on and off - to get into the game, but with no luck.

I use the 2D client, and get the "Cannot Communicate With Origin ... etc" line almost everytime.

The only time I do not get this error message is when my 2D client just hangs.

Very frustrating, especially considering everyone i know can log into game using their 2D clients without an issiue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting the message every time I switch between characters using the 2d client. (Haven't checked with KR.) Fortunately, trying a second time each time it happens (about 5 times so far tonight) has worked so far. I'm in Colorado and also on Comcast. Have had the issue so far with several servers (Sonoma, GL, Atlantic, Legends, Pacific).

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yeah I am getting in on the second try now... but everyone I talk to with Comcast can't get in.
How many of you who can't login have comcast? It's been like this for literally hours... 5 or 6 hours even...

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
getting it on KR, not 2d. :(

::edit:: I am in fact on comcast at the moment. I'll try on a diff connection once i get to work.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two hours later and still can't connect via KR. I even rebooted. Looks like 2d or nothing for me tonite.:cursing:

Edit: I'm not on Comcast, I'm on Time Warner Road Runner.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Comcast
KR no joy
2D aye ... good to go

Carrier not likely ... client likely ... but baring any patch activity
puzzeling

K

Kith Kanan

Still cant login , yes using KR......... FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In 2d I have been finding all night that my first attempt to log in has been slow..... usually fails and tells me there is "some problem communicating with Origin" or whatever.... after that my second attempt usually works.....

P

packrat

Yeah, took me over 30 minutes to log on. and if I log off it takes me a while to get back on.

D

Daulphyne

I am in Canada.

Still unable to communicate with Origin ...

I wish a dev or tech support person would post what exactly is happening here. That would be a real help!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Yeah I wish Jeremy was awake...
heh! *the last time* ... when the login in servers went sideways over the weekend ...
Jeremy listed a "contact" protocol ...

The one that would apply at this time ...
would be to direct a trouble ticket to the network engineers
Where your conn is from
which server trying to reach
which client your using
what error message your getting
and
(most forget)
what game your talking about
(actually ... I think thats a selection FOR the type of trouble ... Platform,game, to where)

Just saying ... wouldn't hurt to mention it twice

clearly
just the facts ma'am/sir as the case maybe

contact HERE
Ah! (Sent)
>LOG IN<
>Left column, Contact us link<
Platform - PC
Game - Ultima Online -Kingdome Reborn
Catagory - Technical - Online / connectivity - network

Myself and several other players are having "Trouble connecting to Origin System servers" with the KR client ...
Attention network personel ...
The Login servers are blocking One of Two client versions to the same shards for Ultima Online
The Kingdom Reborn is unable to connect
The other client(legacy/2d) is NOT having a problem connecting
JUST the KR client.

Please check and elevate to necessary response levels.

Thank you

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Fayled you do realize that people have already done that... myself included.
My God you really think everyone here is stupid don't you.

A

Azureal

I had a lot of trouble logging in this morning. Kept clicking on the spot on my desktop where my UOA icon is, and nothing would work. Then I realise that Im not at home, and that the icons arent even on this desk top. At work.

Sigh.

Sorry to hear about the folks having troubles, hope you get in soon :)

F

Fayled Dhreams

Fayled you do realize that people have already done that... myself included.
My God you really think everyone here is stupid don't you.

Yeah yeah yeah ... you and hundreds of others so CLEARLY indicated that a "ticket" was sent ...

not

A simple "me too" and/or "already" would have sufficed

L

Lord Kynd

....Blah blah, you know the message..

That's with KR, I hear I am not the only one from my ICQ contacts.
2Ders also report bad lag and disconnects.

Fix. Repair. Fast. :bored:

happens to me also
by chance are you using a ip blocker such as peerguardian ?
maybe a firewall setting ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, this morning didn't have any of the communication problems when logging onto UO. However, it appears that my computers automatically applied a critical Windows XP update overnight, ICQ wasn't letting me log in this morning and Internet Explorer wouldn't let me use the ICQ password retrieval service because of a bad certificate.

I didn't get to investigate further this morning what was in the automatic Windows update but I wonder if whatever it is meant to fix is related to yesterday's connection problems, even if only to the extent that perhaps pushing out an automatic Windows update caused a lot of Internet traffic and ISPs were struggling to keep up with the volume.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I didn't get to investigate further this morning what was in the automatic Windows update but I wonder if whatever it is meant to fix is related to yesterday's connection problems, even if only to the extent that perhaps pushing out an automatic Windows update caused a lot of Internet traffic and ISPs were struggling to keep up with the volume.
:bored:
mmmmm .... not too likely ... checked my update and found yesterday (before my post and having conn problems with KR ONLY)
Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.33.9763.8) had been applied

Next previous update was on the 22nd of last week ... *shrugs*

Just saying .... kinda hard to imagine how that was gonna cause MY end to create a discriminating problem
Between KR and 2D ... over the same internet conn, to the same login server, to the same shard ...
2D goes ... KR no login.

The reply to my ticket requested a screeie of the error message ...
NEXT time, I'll have one on hand ... though at this point in time ... doubtful that that will EVER be of any troubleshooting bene.

I mean ... one client goes through ... the other doesn't ...
Now both do ...
NO change on my end ...
likely a recognition error on THIER end
that cleared at maintenence

*shrugs*

S

Salamity

I'm having this error. Ever since about 6 this morning. I have the Samurai expansion pack and when I patch it says there was an error and I may have a non-recent client.

Am I missing something?

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can try deleting the contents of your patch folder and trying to patch again fresh. That might help.

F

Flora Green

Nothing to do with patching, but what the heck happened to Fayled?

S

Salamity

My patch folder is empty...could the 'cannot communicate with origin' error have something to do with a payment issue, or would that have a more specific error?

And Flora, any ideas what it might be if it isn't patching? thanks!

Also: Now when I try to log in the "Ultima online is loading" bar sticks around even after exiting the login screen. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction >.>

F

Flora Green

Sorry Salamity, no idea. Ususally I just follow suggestions posted here or reinstall.