• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Canceling Account

P

pavel.vesely

Actually if you cancel account, you cannot reopen it, is simply goes poof. Just go to payment page, and clear payment info. This way, you can play to end of payed period and reactivate later on subscription info page.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually if you cancel account, you cannot reopen it, is simply goes poof. Just go to payment page, and clear payment info. This way, you can play to end of payed period and reactivate later on subscription info page.
Wrong. You can reopen your account anytime. I quit for 2 1/2 years. Cancelled account and all. I reopened it easy.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong. You can reopen your account anytime. I quit for 2 1/2 years. Cancelled account and all. I reopened it easy.
I did the same thing when I quit a few years back. When I returned, I just went to acct management, and re-activated me account.

T

Teiwaz

I'm an old Vet of UO that quit in August 2005 after nearly 7 years of playing and I'm considering reactivateing my account ,but would like to know before I do if my GM'd char's. will still be on it (i'd like to know before spending almost $40 just to find out their gone)?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should still be there. I quit back in 2004 and when I came back all my characters were in tact and their bank boxes still full of the items they had when I deactivated my account. You should be just fine.

J

Jermosh

I think they are talking about the rest of the month. I have had this to me as well, if I am paid up to the 30th and I cancel my account on the 1st, I cannot open my account without chargeing for another 30days again, even if I open it on the 2nd.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they are talking about the rest of the month. I have had this to me as well, if I am paid up to the 30th and I cancel my account on the 1st, I cannot open my account without chargeing for another 30days again, even if I open it on the 2nd.
No, that's not correct. When I canceled one of my house holder accounts earlier this year, I had about 3 weeks left paid on it. I was able to log in and use the account until the time that was paid for was up. After that I would be prompted to pay again before I could access the account.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is all great information!

I have a similar question about canceling accounts.

I have 7 Ultima Online accounts and I was just recently laid off from work. I am not new to the board and I had to create a new account because it sends my password to my old email address..... *frowns*

So I need to cancel at least 6 of my accounts for now.

What is the best way to keep my items for when I get a job?

Which is safer.....the bank box or the characters inventory? or both?

Its going to stink because theres 5 houses grandfathered in on each account so thats 30 houses that I have to drop. *frowns again*

Thanks for all of your help!

T

Teiwaz

I don't know about you ,but on e-bay you probably could get some good cash for an account that has 5 Grandfathered houses on it + any good GM'd characters might help spice up the price.
Yes your bank box and your char. are the only real way to keep stuff untill you can reactivate your account(s).

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm an old Vet of UO that quit in August 2005 after nearly 7 years of playing and I'm considering reactivateing my account ,but would like to know before I do if my GM'd char's. will still be on it (i'd like to know before spending almost $40 just to find out their gone)?
They did actually wipe some accounts long, long ago - when I reactivated my oldest account from '97 in '02, all the characters on it were gone. It had been canceled since early '99. Several of my friends who hadn't played since then experienced the same thing, to their consternation. But I'm fairly sure they only did it to very old accounts which had been off in that brief period, I don't think they do it anymore, and accounts canceled as recently as yours should be completely safe.

T

Teiwaz

Yeah I remember around the 2001/2002 time frame Origin talking about wipeing char's. from inactive accounts, that is why I was asking ,but yes it looks like I'll be fine ,looking good that I'll be reactivateing my account within the next 7 days. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Both are perfectly safe. I stored a bunch of stuff in my packs and banks when I quit, and everything was still there when I came back.

Just an FYI. Log all of your characters out in an inn, or if you do log them out in your house, make sure they have charged runebooks to get someplace when you come back. I stripped everything (this included my rune books) that wasn't necessary so I could hold more stuff in my bank and packs. The only character that logged out in town was the one who sold the house. So when I came back 5 of my 6 characters logged back in at the site of my old house in the middle of nowhere and had no runes to get to town. It was a pain.

I don't know about you ,but on e-bay you probably could get some good cash for an account that has 5 Grandfathered houses on it + any good GM'd characters might help spice up the price.
Ebay no longer allows the sale of 'digitally delivered goods'. This includes (but isn't limited to) online game items, accounts, services.

Here's a link to their policy.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the quick answer!

I have alot of work to get to with getting everything to the bank.....hehe

Sonoma is going to lose alot of houses in Fel..

T

Teiwaz

Thank you Black Sun as I didn't know that currently about e-bay. I've never used e-bay myself, but I remember the heyday hoopla that UO impacted on e-bay back when. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This is all great information!

I have a similar question about canceling accounts.

I have 7 Ultima Online accounts and I was just recently laid off from work. I am not new to the board and I had to create a new account because it sends my password to my old email address..... *frowns*

So I need to cancel at least 6 of my accounts for now.

Its going to stink because theres 5 houses grandfathered in on each account so thats 30 houses that I have to drop. *frowns again*

Thanks for all of your help!
jesus man, that a shame to have to drop all those grandfathered ones in fel.
if your looking to trade off (sell) PM me or icq me.

hate to see an old legacy account die like that.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Black Sun as I didn't know that currently about e-bay. I've never used e-bay myself, but I remember the heyday hoopla that UO impacted on e-bay back when. :)
You used to be able to use ebay to buy and sell, but they closed it down a few years back. I guess EA made a stink about it.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well dang I just dropped 2 towers and 1 large old school smithy last night.

I got them all cleared out and dropped them. It was sure hard to do because those houses were a part of me for the last 134 months.

All of my accounts are 134 months old. :(

T

Teiwaz

Well dang I just dropped 2 towers and 1 large old school smithy last night.

I got them all cleared out and dropped them. It was sure hard to do because those houses were a part of me for the last 134 months.

All of my accounts are 134 months old. :(
Ouch indeed! :(

What other house types do you have left?
Someone other than me probably has the funds (UO Gold) to give you for some of the bigger sized ones. :party:

E

euvici

ouch so since my account was cancelled around 2000-2002 does that mean I may not have my chars? (downloading client at the moment).

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ouch so since my account was cancelled around 2000-2002 does that mean I may not have my chars? (downloading client at the moment).
Don't be surprise if they're gone. They did a wipe of inactive accounts around that time I think. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll still be there, had to say, but I have heard of that happening.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if UO did the welcome back promotion this year around the anniversary. I know in the past they did this where anyone with an inactive account that wasn't banned from playing could log back on and play UO for 7 days free. It was a great promotion and for one week people would get to meet old friends that had left the game and once again mount up and go adverturing or partake in the anniversary activities. Then again, this year there was no anniversary activities.

G

GFY

My first account is from '97. Back in the day I got p*ssed and deleted several characters before canceling my account. When I re-activated I had to start over. I quit again in '02 and when I returned everything was as I left it. (except for my houses of course) So unless you had a bad moment and deleted your characters, they should still be there should you return.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both are perfectly safe. I stored a bunch of stuff in my packs and banks when I quit, and everything was still there when I came back.

Just an FYI. Log all of your characters out in an inn, or if you do log them out in your house, make sure they have charged runebooks to get someplace when you come back. I stripped everything (this included my rune books) that wasn't necessary so I could hold more stuff in my bank and packs. The only character that logged out in town was the one who sold the house. So when I came back 5 of my 6 characters logged back in at the site of my old house in the middle of nowhere and had no runes to get to town. It was a pain.

Ebay no longer allows the sale of 'digitally delivered goods'. This includes (but isn't limited to) online game items, accounts, services.

Here's a link to their policy.
Most people who sell accounts via Ebay now do it by saying "Here's an Ultima Online CD! With it, you get a FREE ACCOUNT" and they list the account's contents and the bid shoots up. Technically, they are "selling" the CD... but people are really bidding on the account that comes with it for "free"

I knew they'd find a loophole somewhere, lol.