• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you raise large fishing nets?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just fished up this fisherman's first large fishing net. I placed it in front of the clawfoot tub. If it were raised a bit the effect would be that much nicer. Is there a method to raise them?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, you can either place gozas, raise them up a bit, place the fishing net on top, lock it down. Axe the Gozas and drop the fishing net to the desired height. Alternatively the stone blocks we can make now are also handy, put two of them down where you want the net, place the net on top lock it down, remove blocks. Decorating 101

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Of course, you can either place gozas, raise them up a bit, place the fishing net on top, lock it down. Axe the Gozas and drop the fishing net to the desired height. Alternatively the stone blocks we can make now are also handy, put two of them down where you want the net, place the net on top lock it down, remove blocks. Decorating 101
Thank you I wasn't sure about the gozas and hadn't made any of them. Never thought about the blocks. I have some stone and will give it a try.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made 2 rough blocks and placed them along side the tub. First I
DBL clicked them and tried to place the net it didn't work. Not DBL clicking the blocks allowed the net to place on top of them. Once locked down the net stayed in place after removing the blocks.
I had to buy the book making stone items but it is worth it. Thanks for the help.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made 2 rough blocks and placed them along side the tub. First I
DBL clicked them and tried to place the net it didn't work. Not DBL clicking the blocks allowed the net to place on top of them.
Not sure why locking the blocks down created an issue - I was able to do it with the block double clicked and not double clicked - worked both ways for me. Anyway, glad you were able to get it to work. If you ever have trouble placing on top of something don't forget the old "axe the pouch" trick.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure why locking the blocks down created an issue - I was able to do it with the block double clicked and not double clicked - worked both ways for me. Anyway, glad you were able to get it to work. If you ever have trouble placing on top of something don't forget the old "axe the pouch" trick.
Not sure I know the axe the pouch trick

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is also the circle of transparency... sometimes when you place an item, you kinda gotta target through a backing wall.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure I know the axe the pouch trick
If you have trouble dropping an object on a tile it's often easier to drop a pouch (like you buy from the provisioners) on the spot. Then place the item inside the pouch and chop up the pouch with an axe. Voila, the item appears in the spot, now just lock it down and move it up or down as desired. You an also use the trash barrel - but for that to work you have to be able to walk on to the spot which isn't always possible.

As for the circle of transparency - as Kirthag already mentioned - it helps a lot to drop items close to walls if you make the wall "invisible" first.